Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else counting down the time to midnight. I can already taste the mindless violence & smell of the strip clubs!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else counting down the time to midnight. I can already taste the mindless violence & smell of the strip clubs!!
Sounds like you'll be too busy to play GTA V.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
first thing im going to do with gta 5 is run over a dog

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been waiting for State of Decay to arrive on PC's cause I hate playing shooters on consoles. The early access beta is now out on Steam but you can't play it without an xbox 360 controller.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Pre ordered my xbox one yesterday, comes with free FIFA 14 :grinning: can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pre ordered my xbox one yesterday, comes with free FIFA 14 :grinning: can't wait

Awesome. Can't ****ing wait! I'm getting watch dogs and cod ghosts. Probably got forza 5 too lol

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Awesome. Can't ****ing wait! I'm getting watch dogs and cod ghosts. Probably got forza 5 too lol
Bro EB games has a bundle where you get Forza 5, x1 remote and 1 year xbox live gold for $199

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And this is why I'm getting a PS4. By the time I actually get my PS4 all the games that have been delayed will finally be released. Unlike you Xbox One people who will have to play your console on day one with all your flashy games... die.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Playstation 4

Evolution of the Playstation

Release date, 1994 the first Sony Playstation I remember going to my mates house before school just to play FIFA, NBA, Street Fighter EX 2 and Gran Turismo when I was finally able to afford it.

6 Years later, 2000. Sony Playstation 2. I remember playing GTA's, FIFA's, Gran Turismo

2006, Sony Playstation 3, Propably the console I've spend the most time on being older, and just wanting to stay home more like an old fart. And was the best thign ever when they made it a cordless controller, everyone's minds were blown away.

Now 7 years later, 2013.

Definitely getting this console

Main processor
Single-chip custom processor
CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine
Memory
GDDR5 8GB

Storage size
500GB Hard disk drive.

BD/DVD Drive (Read Only)
BD x 6 CAV
DVD x 8 CAV
Input / Output
Super-Speed USBx (USB 3.0) port x 2
AUX port x 1
Networking
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 1
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
AV Output
HDMI out port
DIGITAL OUTPUT (OPTICAL) port

You can pre-order yours today it seems http://au.playstation.com/ps4/preorder/

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf!! How long?? I have it preordered for day one release. I'll be demanding a fukn discount. Fukn useless ****s
Early 2014. Apparently Ubisoft didn't want to compete with the Christmas sales, plus it gives them time to tweak some things.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early 2014. Apparently Ubisoft didn't want to compete with the Christmas sales, plus it gives them time to tweak some things.
Well apparently they're a bunch of ****wits. Looks like I'll have to swap it for 2k14. I've already got cod and forza pre ordered. The division looks sick but I don't think it'll be ready day one either

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I received an email the other day saying "Pre-order from Target and you're guaranteed to get it before Christmas", so I went to the local Target and the clerk says "We're not taking any more pre-orders. We have only been allocated 6 units this year", and this is a big Target.

So I go to one of the smaller Targets and they say "Sure you can pre-order" and hand me a sheet that says "Fill this out and pay $50 and you will receive your console in early 2014"

The clerk then says "Oh, if you want a console before Christmas order the Xbox One, no one is ordering and we have heaps of stock"... I'd rather wait.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I received an email the other day saying "Pre-order from Target and you're guaranteed to get it before Christmas", so I went to the local Target and the clerk says "We're not taking any more pre-orders. We have only been allocated 6 units this year", and this is a big Target.

So I go to one of the smaller Targets and they say "Sure you can pre-order" and hand me a sheet that says "Fill this out and pay $50 and you will receive your console in early 2014"

The clerk then says "Oh, if you want a console before Christmas order the Xbox One, no one is ordering and we have heaps of stock"... I'd rather wait.
LOL Target.

So whats the point of pre-ordering if you're going to get it next year.

What about other places like JBHIFI etc? Will you get it before X-mas. I mean I expect if I pre-order and paid (in-full) I expect to get it on the day.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100% they got scared of GTA.

Despite my issues with M$, I pre ordered the X Bone yesterday from EB. FIFA 14 comes with it and I bought the Forza/Gold/Controller pack, too.

Ryse looks pretty good but it looks like it constantly holds your hand throughout the game.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently everywhere in Aus has sold out. Next batch is Feb and even then, there's a really limited amount. Next batch after that is June.

Anyway, I've had the PS since the first one and I've loved them all. Except the PS3. ONLY reason I bought a PS3 was for GT5. My fck that game was THE biggest piece of shit ever made. If it wasn't for InFamous, I probably would have got rid of my PS3.

I've got both the PS and XB but I prefer the XB simply because of the controller. The layout and the triggers of the XB is miles ahead of the PS, IMO.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
100% they got scared of GTA.

Despite my issues with M$, I pre ordered the X Bone yesterday from EB. FIFA 14 comes with it and I bought the Forza/Gold/Controller pack, too.

Ryse looks pretty good but it looks like it constantly holds your hand throughout the game.
At EB Games Expo when I had a quick run on the Dark Souls 2 demo and smashed it the guy there told me I had to try Ryse because it's harder than Dark Souls with similar combat mechanics. I didn't want to stand in line for 1 hour just to give it a quick go but I watched the presentations and it looked very linear.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shame cause the graphics look insane. And why does a Roman have an English accent?

Hopefully AC: Black Flag isn't a flop as it looks pretty good. Batman Arkham Origins looks good and if it's as good as Arkham City, I'm sold.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently everywhere in Aus has sold out. Next batch is Feb and even then, there's a really limited amount. Next batch after that is June.

Anyway, I've had the PS since the first one and I've loved them all. Except the PS3. ONLY reason I bought a PS3 was for GT5. My fck that game was THE biggest piece of shit ever made. If it wasn't for InFamous, I probably would have got rid of my PS3.

I've got both the PS and XB but I prefer the XB simply because of the controller. The layout and the triggers of the XB is miles ahead of the PS, IMO.
I was always an Xbox guy. The thing that got me on to the PS3 was Uncharted series (Still greatest adventure series I have ever played). The thing that got me to stay with Playstation is the PS+ membership. $70 a year for approximately 2-6 free games a month ain't bad at all, especially if you have a Vita too.

That said, I haven't played PS4 yet but played the Xbox One at EB Games Expo and the controller is ridiculously comfortable. I have rather large hands but the controller feels like it was designed for me. Played Fifa a bit, basically a direct port of the Xbox 360 version. Graphics looked exactly the same (could be tweaked before release)