Email from Steve Folkes to myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Interesting read if it really is Folkes. I guess even if things are done out of good intentions and light-heartedness, they can still cause damage.

I love the part about the forwards and Aaron Groom. I always knew Groom wasnt up to speed and hence why they never replaced Holdsworth. I never questioned that. Truth is, its just our team is so sh1t we have nobody to replace Holdsworth.
Oh but don't you know, it's all Holdsworth's fault?

Here's something to think about, all you twits that believe that statement. The Cowboys have the best halfback in the comp and a better team on paper than we do yet we are ahead of them on the ladder. Even without the bye they are only better on for and against.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm over it. I'll leave it to all the DJ hating 1st grade coaches in here
:p

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Go Folkes, wat a legend, gentleman, and champion of our proud clu, and best coach we've ever had imo.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
No offence intended AJ, but I don't really believe this either mate. The basic errors and poor grammatical expression make me think this is a gee up. Sincere apologies if it's legit mate. Just from hearing Folkesy talk in interviews and press conferences, this doesn't sound familiar. If you have made it up, good effort, I say. Ever thought about a career in journalism?

C

chipandchase

Oh but don't you know, it's all Holdsworth's fault?

Here's something to think about, all you twits that believe that statement. The Cowboys have the best halfback in the comp and a better team on paper than we do yet we are ahead of them on the ladder. Even without the bye they are only better on for and against.
its a gee up lol

dog mad

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guys, as I said, why would I defend Holdsworth if I was bagging him out earlier on today?

I would post it up (screenshot) but it would disclose the email address of steve and I will not do that.

To prove it is legite, watch Daniel Holdsworth be picked tomorrow at halfback or five-eighth (Roberts injured) and if Holdsworth is not in the team, I will have alot of explaining to do. That's the only way to prove it sunshine :grinning:
We ALL know Holdsworth will be picked you nong, you didnt have to make up an email from Folkes saying he would be picked even though in poor form! Cos thats just how blind the coach is

And Aj turn it up as if a email from Folkes is gonna read
"Steve Folkes,
Coach,
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs"

Honestly that ending right there just took the cake for me LMAO

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
interesting read...

as for not disclosing his email address its not that hard at all, anyone with half a brain can guess his email address lol...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We ALL know Holdsworth will be picked you nong, you didnt have to make up an email from Folkes saying he would be picked even though in poor form! Cos thats just how blind the coach is

And Aj turn it up as if a email from Folkes is gonna read
"Steve Folkes,
Coach,
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs"

Honestly that ending right there just took the cake for me LMAO
http://www.thekennel.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=47917

VB

XXXX
Reaction score
MODERATORS without Bulldog Pride in their avatars should be banned. If u want to be posting surf pics then dont be a mod.

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just listening to Folkes talk..i would have to say i have doubts over this..for one i doubt Folkes would publiclly bag his forwards or any other palyer..and to be honest i doubt he would respond in this manner...
maybe im wrong , but i think Folkes is above taking to critising his players or asking for boos to be levelled at other players......

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anybody can create an email account with anything they like in the email address field (or reply address field) that will show up as they sender when you send a mail from that account. You could do it on the same PC.

Set up an account in say Outlook Express with like stevenfolkes@bulldogs.com.au in the email field, and Steven Folkes in the Display name field. Put your ISP's outgong mail server into the SMTP server field. Put what you like in the other fields. Then send a mail to any account you can recieve mail on. When composing you may have to choose the Steve Folkes account as the sending account if it isnt the default email account.

It may even be another account set up in the same Outlook Express that you send the email to (ie your normal email address)

Congratulations, you just got a mail from Steve Folkes.

Strikerdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
this does not sound like an emaikl that folkes would just send out

Hayley Folkes

New Pup
Reaction score
Let me put the argument to rest, my Dad and I had a conversation last ngiht about this exact email, Dad did in fact reply to AJ. He doesnt usually have time to reply to everyone, but happened to be on the computer when the email alert popped up. He doesnt wish to make excuses, nor should he need to, but felt compelled to defend his troops. He does not know AJ, but the email just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let me put the argument to rest, my Dad and I had a conversation last ngiht about this exact email, Dad did in fact reply to AJ. He doesnt usually have time to reply to everyone, but happened to be on the computer when the email alert popped up. He doesnt wish to make excuses, nor should he need to, but felt compelled to defend his troops. He does not know AJ, but the email just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Ooooh you have Folkes in your username, so it must be real. That cant be faked after all. I am Mr David Dognacious. Truly i am.

A

A_C

Ooooh you have Folkes in your username, so it must be real. That cant be faked after all. I am Mr David Dognacious. Truly i am.
Moron it is hayley folkes. She signed up and posted about the salvation army drive which her mother was in charge of. Grow up!

K

kennyy

Thank you, hopefully some common sense will now prevail

Status
Not open for further replies.