We must spend, spend, spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLEEDING BLUE

Waterboy
Reaction score
Im sick of people suggesting that we shouldnt throw big money at players. We have it and we must use it.Too many supporters overate our youngsters, the truth is only a handful are 1st grade material in the future. I say throw the money bags at blokes like Carl Webb and Cooper, and make our team competitive again in the near future and not 10 years from now.

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
To put it simply - i couldn't disagree anymore in regards to what you are implying.

Furthermore, it has been made quite clear by our CEO and others that we are not going to do what you suggested just yet.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
why did we get a new ceo and new board???

this one isnt doing us any favours at the moment... letting willie tonga go, possibly maitua, hasnt and doesnt look like they will spend the money on any other talent....

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
why did we get a new ceo and new board???

this one isnt doing us any favours at the moment... letting willie tonga go, possibly maitua, hasnt and doesnt look like they will spend the money on any other talent....
We dont need to spend when we got hickey & armit in the front row

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We dont need to spend when we got hickey & armit in the front row
because they are one of the most feared combinations in the league, and put it all over lima and webb.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Spend wisely are players who will help in the rebuilding process not all out on players who command high dollar.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
because they are one of the most feared combinations in the league, and put it all over lima and webb.
was being sarcastic in my response to wolfpac who said we dont need to spend money on front rowers in the "CARL WEBB" thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spend for sure, we have the money, but spend wisely.

IMO wisely would not be Cooper it would be Michaels, not Lima and Webb, but Hannant and Douglas.

As I have stated in previous threads, all three of these are very close to being rep players, are all very good, young, hard working, don't have any flaws, and would cost as much, actually less, than the other three i mentioned.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im sick of people suggesting that we shouldnt throw big money at players. We have it and we must use it.Too many supporters overate our youngsters, the truth is only a handful are 1st grade material in the future. I say throw the money bags at blokes like Carl Webb and Cooper, and make our team competitive again in the near future and not 10 years from now.
I would like to which players you think are overated? (if you are brave enough to put your balls on the line)

I actually don't disagree with you, but I think we need to spend some money wisely, and not just for the sake of it, as you seem to be suggesting.

If it means we wait a season or two, so be it until quality players come onto the market.

FTR, I am 110% AGAINST going for Matt Cooper.

He would be so overpaid and overated in the blue and white.

Don't know that we would get the value out of Carl Webb. Injury? Suspension?

I too think some of our youngsters are overated, and by overated, I mean they are good players but not top quality.

I put Winitana and Nenai in this category. They will do the job for us though in years to come, without setting the world on fire as some seem to think they will.

Players like Koups however I think are top quality. Te Maari was on fire before he got injured last year and hasn't quite recaptured that form yet, but the talent is there.

Will reserve judgement on Groom and Barba until given the chance in 1st grade.

I would like to see over the next few years some smart buys the way other clubs seem to get. Like Zillman going to Gold Coast, and Peter Wallace to Brisbane.

There is no need to panic and throw money away for the sake of it, so but we do need to throw some money at key players and positions (front row, half back, another back) in the next 2 years.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
was being sarcastic in my response to wolfpac who said we dont need to spend money on front rowers in the "CARL WEBB" thread
just as i was being sarcastic about appointing a new board....

some ppl cant take a joke...

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
over the past couple of yrs. People on here have definately overated our juniors. saying they are all this and all that, then they get a crack at first grade and are just another average player in the top grade.

I admit i dont know an awful lot about our juniors. But some people on here have been saying for the last year or 2 that we need not to worry, we have players coming through. But it has definately not happened. Not many have come through, basically i only rate winitana.

Producing average first graders year in year out isnt good enough, and is why we should spend our money on quality players from outside the club

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need some quality out wide and upfront. The current mob arent good enough

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would like to which players you think are overated? (if you are brave enough to put your balls on the line)

I actually don't disagree with you, but I think we need to spend some money wisely, and not just for the sake of it, as you seem to be suggesting.

If it means we wait a season or two, so be it until quality players come onto the market.

FTR, I am 110% AGAINST going for Matt Cooper.

He would be so overpaid and overated in the blue and white.

Don't know that we would get the value out of Carl Webb. Injury? Suspension?

I too think some of our youngsters are overated, and by overated, I mean they are good players but not top quality.

I put Winitana and Nenai in this category. They will do the job for us though in years to come, without setting the world on fire as some seem to think they will.

Players like Koups however I think are top quality. Te Maari was on fire before he got injured last year and hasn't quite recaptured that form yet, but the talent is there.

Will reserve judgement on Groom and Barba until given the chance in 1st grade.

I would like to see over the next few years some smart buys the way other clubs seem to get. Like Zillman going to Gold Coast, and Peter Wallace to Brisbane.

There is no need to panic and throw money away for the sake of it, so but we do need to throw some money at key players and positions (front row, half back, another back) in the next 2 years.
Agree one million percent and think we should be targeting the players I mentioned above as well as De Gois.

Lets plan our signings, sign good, quality young players who are on the cusp of Rep honours and will be the foundation of the club for years to come!

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score

you putting winitana and nenai in this category is my point. We cant consistantly be putting average players in an already fairly average backline. It just wont work.

Koups and Te Maari are quality. But to be honest we need quality players like them in different positions! We need a back, half or 5/8 and a prop (2 props)

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree completely, besides who to throw money at, but that is really irrelevent to the point.
Lets face it, we do not have the depth that alot of the people on here believe we do. Going by some of the opinions I have read on here, all our lower grade guys are going to be internationals. The only 2 players I have seen with great potential in our lower sides are Ben Barba and Kite.

J

Johnno

Yes great idea lets pay players more than what they are worth just throw the cash at them lol

J

Johnno

Agree completely, besides who to throw money at, but that is really irrelevent to the point.
Lets face it, we do not have the depth that alot of the people on here believe we do. Going by some of the opinions I have read on here, all our lower grade guys are going to be internationals. The only 2 players I have seen with great potential in our lower sides are Ben Barba and Kite.
Jamal Idris?

Status
Not open for further replies.