Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Bring Billy back to the club.

Paying overs for Billy>>>>>>Paying overs for injured players
our team was more disciplined also when he was around. he worked really well with Folkes to create a disciplined and fit culture, and if it were not for johnstone and folkes, we'd not have played so well in the finals 1998., especially those games where we played extra time footy. our fitness got us home toward the bak end of those classic games versus newcastle and parra.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
well it is said on the dogs debate page from big bird that the Bulldogs offered Hickey 140K that's a big increase from what his on.

But Jarrad wants 220K. And he says it could come down 2 the dragons and raiders depending if hickey stays loyal or takes the better offer.
I would be very upset if we lost Jaz. Has a great attitude, good work ethic, is improving all of the time, and is still very young. Plus he is a Dogs junior. He will be a starting prop next year for us. If we lose Hickey because the money we will use to sign O'Hara alters the amount we can offer Jarrad then I will be fuming.

D

Doggies 91

Rubbish if we lose Hickey. I say get rid of Armit, keep Hickey and get Teo.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jennings got offered an extension from penrith, but it was a crappy offer.

He's lookin at a club in QLD atm.

Dont think the dogs have approached him yet. They should, cause he's currently listening to other offers.

Maddoggie

Maddoggie
Reaction score
Come on Hickey is not worth more than 140k if some stupid club wants to give him 220K tell him to shut the door on his way out. Armit is much better value as an interchange forward with Hannant, Cleal and Ohara the engine room. Some of the young forwards will get a chance to next year. I am an Armit fan. Hickey is a long way off being a quality front rower.

dukes

like you no wateva?
Reaction score
Come on Hickey is not worth more than 140k if some stupid club wants to give him 220K tell him to shut the door on his way out. Armit is much better value as an interchange forward with Hannant, Cleal and Ohara the engine room. Some of the young forwards will get a chance to next year. I am an Armit fan. Hickey is a long way off being a quality front rower.
i agree except for cleal he is a good player but constantly injured! hickey needs to prove his worth for 220k and he is only work 120k if he doesnt take it pass it to morrin?

D

D0ggyStylz

Jennings has what its takes to be a very good player, but he is really being hurt by the lack of true halves that Penrith has. He doesnt get the ball at the right time or in the right situation.

Most of the birlliance he shows comes from taking advantage of mistakes from the opposition, or a lose ball he picks up and oes something amazing with it.

Anyway, I think he'll be a Penrith player for a long time.

Just on the juniors in the Penrith Junior Leagues....the talent here is just ridiculous at the moment. You could EASILY have the area between Blacktown and Penrith feeding three NRL teams, there is just that much talent.

I personally believe that many NRL quality players never get their chance because they usually just look to go through the Penrith system.

Im not saying the area should get another team, that would be stupid. But I really do think something should be done out here to develope the talent better and give them an easier chance to get into frist grade with more opportunities.
isn't that what the western sydney academy team is for?

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
220k for hickey ???? hahahahaha omg im goin to be sick!

please!

what's happened to this world ?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How sure are we of Rhino?

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
hickeys still not worth $140,000

not yet anyway...

that would be like a fickwit club paying over $300,000 for nate myles

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
Surely Hickey is worth 140K. He is young ,plays a **** load of minutes and is a commited player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hickey is easily worth 140K. Should be on about 190K. I think that is fair.

You have to remember Josh Morris will be on between 190-220K from all reports.

If that is the case, and there are many other instances all throughout the league, then Jaz is easily worth 140-200K considering his age, work ethic, improvement, room for improvement and size plus a whole lot of other reasons.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
Hickey is easily worth 140K. Should be on about 190K. I think that is fair.

You have to remember Josh Morris will be on between 190-220K from all reports.

If that is the case, and there are many other instances all throughout the league, then Jaz is easily worth 140-200K considering his age, work ethic, improvement, room for improvement and size plus a whole lot of other reasons.
Agree, you just said it better than i did. We cannot lose him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree, you just said it better than i did. We cannot lose him.
Haha, no I didn't. But yeah, as we have said, will be a bad loss if we were to lose Hickey, hopefully we work things out, to be honest I can't really see him anywhere else, he is a Dogs junior and it seems like he wants to hang around.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
Haha, no I didn't. But yeah, as we have said, will be a bad loss if we were to lose Hickey, hopefully we work things out, to be honest I can't really see him anywhere else, he is a Dogs junior and it seems like he wants to hang around.
I agree but if you are offered an extra 80K like its reported, than what do you do? Hope loyalty kicks in but it can only go so far. That door works both ways as we all know.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree but if you are offered an extra 80K like its reported, than what do you do? Hope loyalty kicks in but it can only go so far. That door works both ways as we all know.
It would be a massive decision for him certainly. And the lure of Bennett couldn't help our chances. But rumours are rumours. Hopefully this one isn't true, we should definately be offering closer to what Saints are, like I said about 180-190K, that would be fair, and as I said before, if we miss out on him from the money we used to sign O'Hara, who I know you like as a signing, but I think is a poor signing, then I would be ultra upset.

Because, like you and many others, I see good things in Hickey and he has the right attitude to display those good things, and after all the players, especially props, we have lost in the past few years, to lose a young Hickey who isn't near the same class as the others we lost, but could be a very good player in a little while, well, I just don't want to go down that road again.

My point: Re-Sign Hickey!

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
And your point has been taken and should be conveyed to the administration. I would like OHara to come back to the club because he suits the doggies style but not at the expense of hickey.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
hickey is not worth 140K. he's overweight and still hasn't stepped up imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.