News Why Jarome Luai is the games next $1 million man & Bulldogs signing Bronson Xerri officially returns after four-year doping ban ends

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The nrl 360 guys said their offer ‘starts with a 7’ so most ppl assume he is offered 750.
But I have no doubt with a bit of this, and a bit of that, they’ll massage an extra 100 a year and he stays.
He will get offers of a mil but he isn’t a million player.
He’s Ben Roberts but in the best system.
Maybe a slightly more consistent version.
Ben Robert’s? Are you serious?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton > Luai swap
Interesting thought but I magainst it only because we have made such a big song and dance as a club about burtin being part of the family and he himself has bought into that, so to swap him out just like that will make a joke of our clubs values.
You’d lose me at least if you did this and kept the lie up as I’ll know it’s fake and Nasheed don’t do fake.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not worth a million dollars and we don't need another 5/8
I think ppl who want Luai are subscribing to the school of thought that Burtin belongs in the centres. Which is valid.
But if we move him and get Loui we will then get an unbalanced cap. Which will cause worse headaches for us.
We would need a cost effective 5/8 in this scenario. This is why peopel don’t see.
We can’t have all these million dollar wingers and centres.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a reason why he was the last to be re-signed....
I think some shrewd management would have been to cut him loose and get Brooks at 600k instead as a non dominant 5/8.
Basically what manky are doing but you have to think Brooks would go to Penrith given the choice

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would take Luai for a million a season.

We have no proper half or five eighth. Sexton should be 7 and Burton in the Centers or even fullback.

We have Kikau, Burton, Critta and the weak gutted dog which is why it could be a real possibility.

Thank Allah that Luke Thompson the imposter is leaving.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The nrl 360 guys said their offer ‘starts with a 7’ so most ppl assume he is offered 750.
But I have no doubt with a bit of this, and a bit of that, they’ll massage an extra 100 a year and he stays.
He will get offers of a mil but he isn’t a million player.
He’s Ben Roberts but in the best system.
Maybe a slightly more consistent version.
However Nosheath the market will pay $1m irrespective of what we think

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah he's a yuk sportsman and much like the other Panthers rep players he doesn't perform very well outside his club team. Terrible in SOO and so is Cleary and Yeo btw they look out of sorts massively when playing against elite opposition.
I'd prefer he stay where he is

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he'll re-sign with Penrith. He's best mates with Cleary and others there and they've made 4 Grand Finals straight. They'd be crazy to break up that combo. Not that I'd want him anyway. Especially not for that money..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree that I'd much rather chase Dearden as he's a more complete player but I think Nth Qld lock him up long term with a huge extension. I can't see him leaving there..
either that or the dolphins will make a play for him. can't see him leaving qld anyway

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should all be v concerned if we are throwing a mil or so at Luaai. Panthers dont care to lose him, they’ll offer him what hes worth 600-700k. If he goes, no biggie for them. As @CQDog said, he is a system merchant. Theyll lock up Cleary, JFH, Edwards, Yeo and build around them with whoever for yrs to come and continue to thryve

Lauai will do absolutely fuck all for us other then cash a fat cheque each week. Seriously if he signs we may as well all tune out completely for the next 5yrs and come back in 2029/30 and hope theres some gun jnrs who are now first grade ready

Mark my words signing luauai will be a fucken disaster