Who do you want to win the GF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not the Broncos. Those pricks are afforded too many concessions. Regular Friday night games. Magic round is an away game that they get to play at home. They never take a home game to a non-metro area for the betterment of the game, and forward passes don't apply to them.
Massive catchment to secure the best juniors that they treat as disposable commodities.
Penrith have worked to be the juggernaut they have become.
I sat next to a Penrith supporter when we played the raiders at magic round, and he was cheering for us.
I'll return it this weekend
Saw it posted that they only had games in Sydney 3 times? Could that be right?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it posted that they only had games in Sydney 3 times? Could that be right?
3 sounds like too many for Broncos...

Checking the draw, this is what they've had:

Suncorp x 16 games
Queensland x 4 (cowboys / titans)
1 x Darwin
1 x Melbourne
1 x NZ
1 x Belmore
1 x Cronulla
1 x Canberra

Mind you, average break between games is 7 days.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a fck who wins. I hope Critta plays well and I reckon Penrith has the better team. If Sutton is ref, Broncos are a chance

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty clear that the Broncos are going to try to unsettle the Panthers defensive system by offloading at will though I don't think the Panthers are going to allow them to do that.

Broncos are suspect on the edges, I reckon Panthers halves will exploit both sides, especially Capewells edge.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
3 sounds like too many for Broncos...

Checking the draw, this is what they've had:

Suncorp x 16 games
Queensland x 4 (cowboys / titans)
1 x Darwin
1 x Melbourne
1 x NZ
1 x Belmore
1 x Cronulla
1 x Canberra

Mind you, average break between games is 7 days.
27 Rounds with 3 byes? Not sure on your figures? Have you included semis?
Round 1 was Panthers BlueBet.
3 x Gabba

They don't look to have to travel all that much?...not sure....but maybe if all teams were analysed same way, it would look similar?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
27 Rounds with 3 byes? Not sure on your figures? Have you included semis?
Round 1 was Panthers BlueBet.
3 x Gabba

They don't look to have to travel all that much?...not sure....but maybe if all teams were analysed same way, it would look similar?
You are right, botched figures.

Re-checked here: https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=111&season=2023&team=500011

Suncorp x 13 (including semis)
Gabba x 3
CBUS x 1
Townsville x 1
Belmore x 1
Canberra x 1
Cronulla x 1
Darwin x 1
NZ x 1
Penrith x 1
Bye x 3

So 17 games in or around Brisbane in total (+ 3 byes) 20 weeks of the season they are/were near home. So yeah.. didn't have to travel to Sydney much this season (3 games in Sydney in total, 4th being the GF this weekend).

Interesting when you look at when they played their games (regular season no finals)

Thursday = 4 games
Friday = 8 games
Saturday = 11 games
Sunday = 2 games

Compared to us: https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=111&season=2023&team=500010

Monday = 1
Thursday = 0
Friday = 3
Saturday = 5
Sunday = 15

Can't be assed checking the timings of the fixtures but immediately you see they have 12 games at night in the season compared to ours which were majority day games.

Not sure if that's a big advantage, am sure it's nicer playing at night compared to day, especially if it's a stinker.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Re-checked here: https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=111&season=2023&team=500011

Gabba x 3
CBUS x 1
Townsville x 1
Belmore x 1
Canberra x 1
Cronulla x 1
Darwin x 1
NZ x 1
Penrith x 1
Bye x 3

So 17 games in or around Brisbane in total (+ 3 byes) 20 weeks of the season they are/were near home. So yeah.. didn't have to travel to Sydney much this season (3 games in Sydney in total, 4th being the GF this weekend).

Interesting when you look at when they played their games (regular season no finals)

Thursday = 4 games
Friday = 8 games
Saturday = 11 games
Sunday = 2 games

Compared to us: https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=111&season=2023&team=500010

Monday = 1
Thursday = 0
Friday = 3
Saturday = 5
Sunday = 15

Can't be assed checking the timings of the fixtures but immediately you see they have 12 games at night in the season compared to ours which were majority day games.

Not sure if that's a big advantage, am sure it's nicer playing at night compared to day, especially if it's a stinker.
Put it this way, us Bulldogs fans would like the same scheduling lol.

But we haven't earnt it yet so have to bide our time.

Will be interesting as the Phins settle in to see if they get an even share of the limelight as the Broncs main Brisbane rivals?... If not they will start jumping up and down.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score

Gabba x 3
CBUS x 1
Townsville x 1
Belmore x 1
Canberra x 1
Cronulla x 1
Darwin x 1
NZ x 1
Penrith x 1
Bye x 3

Thursday = 4 games
Friday = 8 games
Saturday = 11 games
Sunday = 2 games

Monday = 1
Thursday = 0
Friday = 3
Saturday = 5
Sunday = 15

Quite a few of our Sunday games would be 6pm night games. Probs shittest time slot for ratings and maybe also for recovery. I would assume the 2 Broncs Sunday games would be 4pm games. Which means more than half of their games 14/11 would be televised on free to air as well.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers not only do I want them to win but they will win comfortably.

I'm a Bulldog tragic through and through but have family in Emu Plains and have been to a number of Penrith v Bulldogs games over the years at Blue Bet Stadium as it's known as now.

Also have a great club to visit and they're in a Rugby League stronghold area as evidenced by the success they've had over the last 4 years.

Reminds me of the 'Dogs from '79 and into the '80's era. Oh, they were the days.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Quite a few of our Sunday games would be 6pm night games. Probs shittest time slot for ratings and maybe also for recovery. I would assume the 2 Broncs Sunday games would be 4pm games. Which means more than half of their games 14/11 would be televised on free to air as well.
It's a big factor as far as happy sponsors, exposure, membership numbers, merchanfise etc go, getting fta. We really must have the most loyal, best group of sponsors that any club could hope for.

Unfortunately we haven't been attractive to watch. Hopefully thats all changing.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“BREAKING NEWS”

“ a broncos player failed to double knot his lace and it came undone, stay tuned for more.”

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have a feeling the refs are going to smash penrith. The NRL probably don't want one club winning 3 in a row. Expect at least 3 more touch downs in the first quarter
As long as no body gets ejected for targeting and the zebras keep their flags in their pockets Jalen Hurts might rush his way to the divisional title

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos for me. Penrith win 3 in a row and we won't hear the end of it.