Where will we finish.

Where will we finish at end of 2024?

• Total voters

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what was the trainer doing that caused all these insane amount of lower leg injuries ?

And who are all these players that had these insane amount of leg injuries ?

Can’t remember the trainers name, do you know it ?
Travis touma and I believe we were his 3rd club in 3 yrs. Roosters and bunny’s were quick to move him on

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is this your same type of prediction to the Tigers finishing above us this year, l get why you’re not a betting man.
Cool your jets, fam. We finished two spots above them…. And at least they showed a bit of heart and didn’t give up and stop trying.

Tigers do seem a bit ahead of us in terms of their rebuild, tbh. They have better forwards and a better spine shaping up. Just took a bit longer than I expected for us to see that reflected on the ladder.

PS don’t make me go over all the predictions I’ve been right about, baby!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just want to see us defend and compete a million times better than last season.

Every season a few teams everyone expected to make the finals miss the 8 and worse and a few teams everyone wrote off surprises.. I doubt we make the 8, but hopefully we can finish higher than most people think...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Outside of Dragons and Tigers I don't think there's any other club I expect us to finish above right now.

Rabbits will improve , Parra underperformed, Cowboys underperformed, Manly maybe? Depends on Tom I guess. Dolphins another maybe. Titans will definitely improve under Des. Any of the top 8 clubs regressing enough? Raiders possibly.
Raider, Shark, Knight out, Titan, Rabbitoh, Eel in. When the Kennel.net.au Ladder champion speaks, we all listen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool your jets, fam. We finished two spots above them…. And at least they showed a bit of heart and didn’t give up and stop trying.

Tigers do seem a bit ahead of us in terms of their rebuild, tbh. They have better forwards and a better spine shaping up. Just took a bit longer than I expected for us to see that reflected on the ladder.

PS don’t make me go over all the predictions I’ve been right about, baby!
Sorry, my bad, I thought you wrote this very long story early 2023 about how the Tigers would finish way above us, in fact I thought you said you had them in your 8 ..

My bad, must have been someone else … but no matter how you look at it or reword it, last place is not the Tigers on the up, or them finishing top 8, and us two places ahead of them, isn’t them finishing above us.

So whoever did write and predict that, they were 100% wrong …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside of Dragons and Tigers I don't think there's any other club I expect us to finish above right now.

Rabbits will improve , Parra underperformed, Cowboys underperformed, Manly maybe? Depends on Tom I guess. Dolphins another maybe. Titans will definitely improve under Des. Any of the top 8 clubs regressing enough? Raiders possibly.
So if top teams as you say can underperform, what’s to stop them or some of the other teams underperforming again, and what’s to stop bottom teams or us over achieving ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So if top teams as you say can underperform, what’s to stop them or some of the other teams underperforming again, and what’s to stop bottom teams or us over achieving ?
If my grandmother had wheels, she would've been a bike

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure and hopefully we've addressed why that happened. Even the players that's were "fit" looked gassed and held together by tape come game day barely 2 months into the season.
The constant naming of players and Twitter removal/updating and players injected into the squad late into the week was fun too

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When our starting front rowers get injured our last place spot will be cemented

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because we have no decent middles lol. That’s a pretty glaring gap in the roster, fam.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because we have no decent middles lol. That’s a pretty glaring gap in the roster, fam.
Quick question, do you purposely mention in 95% of your comments that we have no decent middles, or is it just an unconscious thing ? ..

Would you admit that some of the teams that do have decent middles underperformed this year ? .. would you say Parra have decent middles, do the Rabbits, Cowboys & Titans have decent middles yet didn’t make the 8, you earlier mentioned the Tigers have good middles, yet they got the spoon, would you say with decent middles these teams underperformed ?

So therefore, is it safe to say that we could maybe factor into the equation that the middles we do have, might rise to the occasion, surprise a lot of supporters, and maybe over achieve ?

Just asking ……

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my grandmother had wheels, she would've been a bike
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride … but throwing old quotes out there doesn’t answer the question ..

If top teams as you said can underperform, what’s to stop bottom teams from going on a run & over achieving ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride … but throwing old quotes out there doesn’t answer the question ..

If top teams as you said can underperform, what’s to stop bottom teams from going on a run & over achieving ?
What's going to make them?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just want to see us defend and compete a million times better than last season.

Every season a few teams everyone expected to make the finals miss the 8 and worse and a few teams everyone wrote off surprises.. I doubt we make the 8, but hopefully we can finish higher than most people think...
I’m with with you on this one BT, if we can place a value on defence for 26 rounds and attack with body’s in motion and execute sharply, that’s a huge leap forward.

We defended with kids last year and senior players like Kikau were trying too hard at times shooting out of the line to create something but ending up with duck eggs. Our team should have genuine NRL experience lining up this season and Crichton should tighten up our D out wide.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t care if we don’t make finals as long as we win 50% of our games

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's going to make them?
What made Parra, Cowboys, Rabbits, and Titans, underperform and finish out of the 8, …. 2 of those teams being recent grand finalists …. what made Newcastle click all of a sudden, and go from consistently losing to a successful winning run & play finals ?

Who can say, I’m not predicting it’s going to happen, but to say it can’t happen is naive ..

Top teams underperform and bottom teams over achieve every year, let’s hope we’re due to over achieve ..