Where is Reni?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbdub

New Pup
Reaction score
Any news on reni Maitua? Has he been playing NSW Cup?

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if he was fully fit, where do you put him?

Malla

Reaction score
Nothing more than a bench role.

I'd say he would replace O'Hanlen off the bench.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
If we hit 2nd place by the years end then you'll see all the ranting on here to give him a first grade jersey just for the hell of it before he retires.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's lucky he's even in the NRL. Especially back at a club that he tried to sue not long ago. People need to realise this isn't 2004. It's years since he's been half decent. I have no idea why we ever signed him and have even less idea why people are confused as to why he isn't playing FG for us.

We might as well bring back Dallas McIllwain while we're at it.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
He's lucky he's even in the NRL. Especially back at a club that he tried to sue not long ago. People need to realise this isn't 2004. It's years since he's been half decent. I have no idea why we ever signed him and have even less idea why people are confused as to why he isn't playing FG for us.

We might as well bring back Dallas McIllwain while we're at it.
until he runs out for the blue and whites its hard to say what value he will be . He was signed because he is cheap.experienced and versatile, he adds depth for us and is miles ahead of McIllwain

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
where would you put him??? Who would u drop??? He will play nsw cup for the majority of the year unless we have injury problems . I'm sure he was only brought for depth to our squad..

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was pretty much the eels best and most consistent forward last year so I don't know where all the hate comes from

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Must be problems behind the scenes.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
where would you put him??? Who would u drop??? He will play nsw cup for the majority of the year unless we have injury problems . I'm sure he was only brought for depth to our squad..
Correct, we will only see him if injuries happen.
he signed on cheaply (league minimum, which is $80k)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe because he's shat on the club numerous times, tried to sue us like I said, is a drug cheat, has gotten in trouble numerous times off the field and is well past his best?

I understand he'd be on nothing and is only a backup but based on his history with us and other clubs, I'm just not a fan of his and surely even the biggest Reni fan couldn't dispute that he'd be the 9th or 10th best second row option at the club at best.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No matter how good or bad Tony Williams goes it looks him and the no.12 jersey are inseperable. So IF Maitua is fit, after last Monday's game the only person he may replace would be Josh Jackson.

And no matter what goes down in any game the only thing that will make Des (Mr Compromise) Hasler make a change is injury or suspension.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Rotting in reserves for revenge for trying to sue our club.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The irony when you try to sue the club that ends up paying you through an contract years later.

sedgy13

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was pretty much the eels best and most consistent forward last year so I don't know where all the hate comes from
I think you answered the question right there. He was the EELS best forward last year. Meaning he probably wouldn't of made 1st grade at 14 other clubs. Saints and tigers the only others he may of

Status
Not open for further replies.