When Will Anything Be Announced By The Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For years we have been ultra slow naming our teams on Tuesday's often naming them just on the deadline. We can live with that although sometimes the NSW Cup teams weren't even listed throughout the whole week on the club site.

Then this year, as every other year, we hear all sorts of rumours from all different types of people on this forum, some reliable some not.

But when some of these rumours are essentially established fact throughout the Rugby League world and printed in all sorts of media outlets as such and players and clubs comment and confirm such rumours, then why does it take our club three months to confirm one signing or release? Or any other official announcement?

I have to say, it is getting beyond ridiculous and amateur.

It took two or three months for the club to announce Hodgson even though it was supposedly a done deal well before then. Now the same situation exists for the Bryson Goodwin signing and also Yileen Gordon.

And that isn't mentioning many other actions or bits of news at the club, releases and even lower grade signings.

And with news of Tsolous' supposed retirement, well surely that should be relayed to the fans.

Also, I have heard from a very reliable source that we will be playing two of our home games at the Central Coast next year. IF that is true, then why hasn't that been announced? Surely IF that were true, the fans should know about that as soon as possible.

There would be many more instances of the club being very slack and poor in this regard, in fact amateur. People that don't visit this site or take people's word on here wouldn't have a clue about certain things at the club.

I'm not pointing the finger at any one individual, but I think this sort of thing should be cleared up if we are to be the proffesional club we should be and every NRL team should be. I can't see any reason or how hard it could be to to the things and more that I listed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree mate! It pisses me off to being left in the dark about whats going on. Someone should type an email to the club expressing our dissatisfaction on how they handle their media release, Instead of telling us what is going on we have to rely on rumours from the kennel & BDP. As for the rumour about us playing 2 home games @ the central coast, I hope they arnt true because I was looking @ buying a season pass for next year & travelling up there would be too much for me. Good thread btrain alot of kennelers feel the same on this issue.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 games @ CC???? as well as 2 games in QLD which we normally do????

So they're are trying resolve the issue of having an empty stadium by moving games away from our clubs main support base?? Clever....

And I completely agree with you Ben

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moe and Bandit from what I have heard from someone who works at the NRL, we will play 2 games, Manly 1 and some other team will also play at Central Coast next year.

Now I couldn't say it is fact, but my friend was very confident that this would be happening and seems to be of the belief that it is all in place with those clubs.

If that were to happen I would doubt that we would also play 2 games at Suncorp.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moe and Bandit from what I have heard from someone who works at the NRL, we will play 2 games, Manly 1 and some other team will also play at Central Coast next year.

Now I couldn't say it is fact, but my friend was very confident that this would be happening and seems to be of the belief that it is all in place with those clubs.

If that were to happen I would doubt that we would also play 2 games at Suncorp.
Well if that's the case I would much rather 2 home game at the CC than 2 homes games in QLD.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well if that's the case I would much rather 2 home game at the CC than 2 homes games in QLD.
As would I, although I would still think it would be better for the game to play in Perth and Adelaide so we can one day be a truly national competition and you would probably get better one off crowds for both of those games than you would for a whole bunch of games being played in the CC which they would be growing tired of without having their own team.

But that is an argument for another day I guess, this is about the club's complete tardiness in regards to announcements.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good thread. The whole jersey situation too. I don't know who's to blame or what the exact situation is but it's not a one off thing. It's a given. Every year, same sh*t.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hows the membership numbers going ?

Oh wait.......... nevermind.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
its called the David Gallop master plan project

maybe in another realm it would be a great thing in practice

crop

Waterboy
Reaction score
One reason we are kept in the dark could be Frank Barrett, Bulldogs Media Manager. Dead set, the guy would need help to tie his shoe laces, that's if he has graduated from velcro.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Who is the bulldogs marketing manager atm?
I know we were going through a transition after what happened at the elections but i agree with Ben, very amateurish.
It's alright to do with West Belconnen Warriors but not the Bulldogs!

L

loui323

Who is the bulldogs marketing manager atm?
I know we were going through a transition after what happened at the elections but i agree with Ben, very amateurish.
It's alright to do with West Belconnen Warriors but not the Bulldogs!
His name is Dirk melton, he came from the dragons... i have his email address if you want it...

srsen

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dirk's a good bloke - i deal with him regularly in my role.

I personally think that the reason such announcements are not made in good time is perhaps because these guys are very busy and may view such issues as small-fry.

I no, FOR A FACT, that the Dogs are working on something MAJOR right now (which i cannot divulge for non-disclosure reasons), so perhaps they are working on other issues.

Yes, they really should improve in this area, it really isn't fair to the fans, but to be honest i can understand why they don't announce these things straight away.

Also, what we hear are rumours - you cant hold a press conference for a rumour....

And yes, we will all hear about the major news i am referring to hopefully sooner rather than later!

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any sort of time frame on the major news?I have a hunch about it that it may invole a top player being released but waiting for the finals to finish. Or im way off lol, or else its belmore going ahead.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dirk's a good bloke - i deal with him regularly in my role.

I personally think that the reason such announcements are not made in good time is perhaps because these guys are very busy and may view such issues as small-fry.

I no, FOR A FACT, that the Dogs are working on something MAJOR right now (which i cannot divulge for non-disclosure reasons), so perhaps they are working on other issues.

Yes, they really should improve in this area, it really isn't fair to the fans, but to be honest i can understand why they don't announce these things straight away.

Also, what we hear are rumours - you cant hold a press conference for a rumour....

And yes, we will all hear about the major news i am referring to hopefully sooner rather than later!
As you said it isn't fair to the fans.

Communicating to the fans and announcing things like signings that have already been completed and are fact, not rumours, or announcing the retirement of one of your players or releasing of a player which again is fact, and a completed transaction, not rumour, is just common sense and practice.

It isn't "small fry" or too much to ask. What is "small fry" is a proffesional Rugby League club not being able to be proffesional at all in the slightest.

Again, the fans deserve better than to be constantly left in the dark on the dealings of the club.

And whatever this major thing is, I am quite sure we the fans won't know about it publicly, or there won't be an official announcement from the club until well after whatever it is has been completed and finalised.

Based on the track record of the club over the past few years in this regard, these assumptions aren't too far fetched or drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.