Opinion What's with Ciraldo and Gus not approaching Panthers players until they decide to leave ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I want Luai in particular but I'm a bit over Ciraldo and Gus refusing to approach Panthers players until they confirm they are leaving the Panthers. Ciraldo even stated he hopes all the Panthers players remain together. WTF ? Who is he working for again ?. He can't have a foot in both camps. Is he trying to remain on their good side in case he ever needs to return there after being unsuccessful with us ? Maybe this attitude cost us Lenui. Maybe a player needs an actual offer in dollar terms (exact amount) BEFORE he decides it's worth leaving. Our coach should be ruthless in his decision making and maybe this is another example of Ciraldo being a soft cock - the type players fail to respect.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah wouldnt matter anyways we never was gonna beat the tigers offer so we was out from the start

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that I want Luai in particular but I'm a bit over Ciraldo and Gus refusing to approach Panthers players until they confirm they are leaving the Panthers. Ciraldo even stated he hopes all the Panthers players remain together. WTF ? Who is he working for again ?. He can't have a foot in both camps. Is he trying to remain on their good side in case he ever needs to return there after being unsuccessful with us ? Maybe this attitude cost us Lenui. Maybe a player needs an actual offer in dollar terms (exact amount) BEFORE he decides it's worth leaving. Our coach should be ruthless in his decision making and maybe this is another example of Ciraldo being a soft cock - the type players fail to respect.
Not just the Panthers, every club. Their (Gould, Warburton and Ciraldo) position is that they first want a player to commit to leaving their current club before they make an offer. Personally I much prefer that process as the player and/or their manager can't claim that "the Bulldogs have offered $X and Years Y" in order to blackmail a bigger offer from their current club. Every club knows that if the player/manager tries that on it's bullshit. Plus the media knows it so we can't be blamed for poaching or coercing a player to leave his current club and/or break a contract.

It's good for business and I like it.

As for Lenui, all he had to say (and maybe he did say) was "I am leaving", then he would have got an offer. I struggle to believe that he wouldn't have said that. If he didn't then obviously he didn't want to come and play for us anyway.

Always a Bulldog

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not friday yet dogs might make a offer today hey wasnt he making a decision friday 1 day to go

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats wat ciradio and gus say cant tell me he hasnt made a offer biggest bluffers in the game 2 poker faces he loves luai his waiting for him to say im leaving panthers can i join dogs

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everything is wrong with this report. He says he will not contact any Panther player with an offer.
Instead he will only respond to players who are looking for a way out of the Panthers.
If they don't want to be a Bulldog, then he doesn't want them

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Luai's most likely leaving Panther so it's a mute point anyways, Gus loves signing Panther players deep down

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
@Flanagun @04 Dreaming @TheSexDogs @Nasheed didn't Gus offer Tino shares in a pub when he wasn't really expressing much serious interest in leaving the Titans? To say they aren't really interested in Panthers players is a nice gentle let down if the bid fails.
Titan offered 1.2m for 10 years and he always wanted to stay at Titan/QLD.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@Flanagun @04 Dreaming @TheSexDogs @Nasheed didn't Gus offer Tino shares in a pub when he wasn't really expressing much serious interest in leaving the Titans? To say they aren't really interested in Panthers players is a nice gentle let down if the bid fails.
A call to arms for the TROLL SQUAD World Tour.

Starting in the Northern Hemisphere.

1701928462159.png