What the dogs need to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The dogs can play some great footy. They do lack constancy. However it is now semi final time!

We need to dominate the forwards. We have a massive pack. However we have only dominated in sections of games this season.

Quick play the balls. Obvious...

5th tackle kicking options need improvement. Hodkinson is the best option. Josh, sorry brother but stay clear of the 5th tackle kick

Get the ball to Morris. What a player, we need to use him as much as possible.

Get the mongrel back in the dog

I believe we can do all the above and win the comp

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its pretty simple against knights every time theyve beaten us they smash our forwards time to unleash boys

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If Mason is put on his arse everytime he gets the ball we will go a long way to destroying them! Uate has shown he buckles under pressure and when one error happens usually many more follow. The radio the other day said Gidley and Gower are gone so that helps too. We need to dominate every facet of the game and we need to do it methodically whether we are 40 points in front or 2 points in front...........WE MUST DOMINATE FOR THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon we need to rattle Willie Mason, Jeremy Smith & Beau Scott over & over, that will certainly be a good start anyway - we need to show them whose boss cause Mason will try & pave the way inspiring the others to follow.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Have just watched the highlights of the last 4 dogs v knights games , oh boy , Des and the coaching staff have a job to do . They will come at us , hard . We know we have the team to beat them , but tbh they sometimes play very flat at ANZ .

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simple... HOLD THE FUUCKING BALL AND REDUCE PENALTY COUNT...

that is all.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to offload at every opportunity and play real deep, like at least 20m back with every forward hitting the line with speed, did I say offload? Need to offload.. That's when we score points. Up the dogs!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
control their old ,weak forwards and shut down both their centres

chafstaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the right hand side defnece will cost us the season...

Broncos kept on getting overlaps all night and now especially in the finals the halves will have a field day against us...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
control their old ,weak forwards and shut down both their centres
Their old weak forwards walked over our strong young forwards last time, we can't take them lightly.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I think the right hand side defnece will cost us the season...

Broncos kept on getting overlaps all night and now especially in the finals the halves will have a field day against us...
Yeah you're not wrong. And seeing as us as fans can point this glaring weakness out, i have no doubt Hasler has a plan to rectify this in the finals. Whether that means positional changes in the squad who knows.

In saying that, our defence last week although not tested by a good attacking side, was quite solid. Our attack is what lost us the game, yet suprisingly for much of the season it has been the other way around..

chafstaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah you're not wrong. And seeing as us as fans can point this glaring weakness out, i have no doubt Hasler has a plan to rectify this in the finals. Whether that means positional changes in the squad who knows.

In saying that, our defence last week although not tested by a good attacking side, was quite solid. Our attack is what lost us the game, yet suprisingly for much of the season it has been the other way around..
Lets hope Dessie has got a few tricks up his sleeve...

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buderus and Mason, dominate these guys and it goes along way to ruining their morale, when they came on against the raiders a close game was blown out and it's coz they're experienced, if we shut them up and reduce their impact then the only other player that worries me is Mullen because of his kicking game

joey.t

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
all year we have been slow off our line in defence. we wait for them to come to us the meters being made by the opposition is ridiculous and if we lack our line speed against Newcastle you can all put 2013 behind cause they thrive on slow defencive lines

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also drop barba, with the season on the line we need Morris back there in defense, he's proven he is willing to put his body on the line and isn't going to shy away from bringing he ball back strong off kick returns

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am having a feeling a lot of us will be surprised come Sunday evening :jaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.