What the dogs need to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you there we will be shocked on our performance how were going to gel!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Mason is put on his arse everytime he gets the ball we will go a long way to destroying them! Uate has shown he buckles under pressure and when one error happens usually many more follow. The radio the other day said Gidley and Gower are gone so that helps too. We need to dominate every facet of the game and we need to do it methodically whether we are 40 points in front or 2 points in front...........WE MUST DOMINATE FOR THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!
I agree and as well as putting Mason on his arse do the same to Jarrod Mullen. If Mullen's kicking game goies off half of the Knights attack is gone.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason absolutely hates being hit hard and low - Finucane needs to take care of Willie

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe in the time honoured Laurie Daley philosophy as is I think the team that scores the most points will win

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
please Raysie, you were correct the first time Hodko just isn't good enough lets be Honest with each other here, Has trent ever stood tall when the chips were down and dragged us over the line? Sadly the answer is no I like Hodko I just don't think we can compete with the best teams in the comp with him as our main playmaker

Elite Level halves JT Cronk DCE Foran( I love watching this guy play)

next level Adam Reynolds Shaun Johnson(both will be top tier in a year or two) Todd Carney Maloney(BBQ) Josh Reynolds M Pearce

next level Albert Kelly Aiden Sezer Jarrod Mullen John Sutton Benji

and along with the rest of the Riff raff is Hodko sorry guys a lot of y'all might not like it but we gotta be honest with ourselves. I've probably missed out on some but they are the ones that stand out for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill happily say you were wrong when we win a comp wih hodkinson as our halfback :p

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Focus and discipline will be key for this game and we can't afford anything less than an 80 minute performance.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One on one strip the ball.
Pick em up drag em out
Get em onside ref.

These simple tactics are not used enough . They need to get into a dirty frame of mind and play like they're playing for a million bucks. No more let's just go through the motions. Have a go at the storm against us in the GF.

Firstly they were consistently offside. Walked 5 meters everytime they played the ball and muscled in on our Benny to drag him over the line . Really dirty , not in the spirit of the game but hey they were the victors on the day.
This is what we need to do!

Ok these will be my coaching calls should the boys lose direction on the day. It has worked in the past so don't worry. We can bring em home!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What I want to see:

1. Punching holes into the opposition and rolling down the park. I'm looking towards: T-Rex, Kasiano, Beastwood, Pritchard, Graham

2. Building pressure.

3. Strangling the opposition by maintaining a fast paced defensive line.

4. ONLY Defensive kicks on the last play aimed ONLY at getting repeat sets. We have the talent to score tries on the edges and out wide.

5. Slick backline movements with variations. We did this earlier in the year using T-Rex as a decoy and/or receiving a short ball. It worked brilliantly.

6. Time for Perrett and Inu to stand up.

7. If Berber plays I plan to ignore him.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What I want to see:

1. Punching holes into the opposition and rolling down the park. I'm looking towards: T-Rex, Kasiano, Beastwood, Pritchard, Graham

2. Building pressure.

3. Strangling the opposition by maintaining a fast paced defensive line.

4. ONLY Defensive kicks on the last play aimed ONLY at getting repeat sets. We have the talent to score tries on the edges and out wide.

5. Slick backline movements with variations. We did this earlier in the year using T-Rex as a decoy and/or receiving a short ball. It worked brilliantly.

6. Time for Perrett and Inu to stand up.

7. If Berber plays I plan to ignore him.
Kick to Boyd before the last tackle when his wingers haven't dropped back to support him. He clearly doesn't want to run the ball when isolated. Target Dane Gagai's suspect defence.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Knights forum is saying Bennett is the key with seven Grand Finals under his belt, Ennis is a grub, the Bulldogs are arrogant and Mason and Smith have experience.
They also mention the last time they won a Semi Johns was their half.

DoggyDawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
take inu and reynolds off in defence just like in the NFL....

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Minimise the Knights' offloads. Kills me when teams offload at will against us. Cheap metres.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des Hasler should say this to the players-

[video=youtube;YaHXk2Kyi0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaHXk2Kyi0w[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.