Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This scenario is only allowed if the emblem on the jersey is a Rooster

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People really overrate Graham. He's the worst Bulldogs captain i have seen tbh.
Agreed..... the Guy is an embarrassment as our Captain....the officials have little respect for him IMO

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, unfortunately it was outlawed as a result of guess who doing it in 2002 - that's right us! The NRL changed the rules to prevent existing squads from being able to do it in the future. That's why the cap and grant are separate issues. The NRL can reduce what it gives you and you can change what you give the players but the cap remains whatever it is.
I think that's if you're caught breaching the cap. As it stands ATM, we haven't breached the cap, yet.
I don't think there's any rules against re-negotiating existing contracts, however I don't think it's a reasonable solution due to the division it would cause amongst the squad and the animosity towards players coming in.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it comes to someone Eastwood should be the first to go
Problem is, someone has to want him.
No one would touch Eastwood based on his current form. Graham would be much easier to shift.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that's if you're caught breaching the cap. As it stands ATM, we haven't breached the cap, yet.
I don't think there's any rules against re-negotiating existing contracts, however I don't think it's a reasonable solution due to the division it would cause amongst the squad and the animosity towards players coming in.
You're right I think in that you can re-negotiate the contract of any player, but the cap is the cap and once the value of the player is assessed by both the NRL and the original contract that's it. If James Graham signed a contract that was accepted and registered by the NRL and the value of that was put into our cap nothing can change it in the cap. Recall that every year one team or the other keeps asking for dispensation due to having injured players and it is always rejected because the injured players are part of the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.