WE DON'T HAVE TO RELEASE ANYONE...IF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would hate to see Graham released. There should be others let go before his name should be mentioned but this may not be the case though there is another option to retain him. In 2108 we will have a minimum of 7 current players earning $600,000+ ea. It sounds like based on the cap being $9.4m we will be over $600,000. If this team was that solid and they want to keep playing together each one of these can take a $40,000 reduction (save $280,000) the next top 10 earners take a $20,000 reduction (save $200,000), next 7 $10,000 reduction (save $70,000), next 6 $5,000 reduction (save $30,000).

Overall Cap reduction of $580,000

I don't think losing $50,000 when earning $600,00+ is going to hurt all that much.

Of course people are going to say why would you and all this and that but professional sporting teams create bonds and Graham is the glue to this team and the Clubs bond. Love him or hate him he is a better player than what is currently being displayed but not aloud to show it as I've mentioned before. But his grit and determination is what every team needs. I think this team has under performed and been over paid it's the least they could do to keep a mate. Would you do it?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL don't let a whole squad renegotiate contracts like that anymore to get under the cap.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this team has under performed
Every other league fan, knows the team has under performed.

They can only do so much with the idiots that are in charge of the club.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Every other league fan, knows the team has under performed.

They can only do so much with the idiots that are in charge of the club.
And des thinks Tolman is the best forward of in the nrl.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL doesn't allow mass re-negotiations 'cause it's a breach of workplace laws which considers mass pay cuts to put unfair pressure on an individual to follow their peers in taking a pay cut.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL doesn't allow mass re-negotiations 'cause it's a breach of workplace laws which considers mass pay cuts to put unfair pressure on an individual to follow their peers in taking a pay cut.
But if the players walk in on their own accord I don't think anyone can stop them? I know it's a long shot but players in the past have done it...I suppose times have changed.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The more older and slow that are cleared out the better. We need to start over with speed and youth

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The 02 team did it but they won like 17 in a row

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We won;t need to release anyone

The most likely scenario will be that Hasler will be sacked in November

Foran's contact has not been registered by the NRL and won't be until we can fit him under the cap

When Hasler is sacked Foran won't want to come here so we will withdraw his contact and salary cap problem for 2018 solved

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But if the players walk in on their own accord I don't think anyone can stop them? I know it's a long shot but players in the past have done it...I suppose times have changed.
No, unfortunately it was outlawed as a result of guess who doing it in 2002 - that's right us! The NRL changed the rules to prevent existing squads from being able to do it in the future. That's why the cap and grant are separate issues. The NRL can reduce what it gives you and you can change what you give the players but the cap remains whatever it is.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally I would hate to see Graham released. There should be others let go before his name should be mentioned but this may not be the case though there is another option to retain him. In 2108 we will have a minimum of 7 current players earning $600,000+ ea. It sounds like based on the cap being $9.4m we will be over $600,000. If this team was that solid and they want to keep playing together each one of these can take a $40,000 reduction (save $280,000) the next top 10 earners take a $20,000 reduction (save $200,000), next 7 $10,000 reduction (save $70,000), next 6 $5,000 reduction (save $30,000).

I don't think losing $50,000 when earning $600,00+ is going to hurt all that much.

Of course people are going to say why would you and all this and that but professional sporting teams create bonds and Graham is the glue to this team and the Clubs bond. Love him or hate him he is a better player than what is currently being displayed but not aloud to show it as I've mentioned before. But his grit and determination is what every team needs. I think this team has under performed and been over paid it's the least they could do to keep a mate. Would you do it?
1 agree 100%

I love Graham. I have never understood some of the hate towards him

Hes a tough as nails old school prop.

All forwards have different styles. Hes ever present always giving his all.

Leads from the front

I would never release him.

If it comes to someone Eastwood should be the first to go

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1 agree 100%

I love Graham. I have never understood some of the hate towards him

Hes a tough as nails old school prop.

All forwards have different styles. Hes ever present always giving his all.

Leads from the front

I would never release him.

If it comes to someone Eastwood should be the first to go
His intensity level dropped off for a while but it's hard to keep grinding on when the rest of the team is stuck in the mud. He's back to playing good again though.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this day and age i don't see players giving up around 50k just so another player doesn't have to leave the club. Might seem small in terms of their overall salary but their careers span about ten years at best and could be over at any time i just don't see them giving up money when they don't have to

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I hope it dosnt take another 91 years to get things sorted

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From what i understand theircontracts have been submittted and validated by the NRL so they cannot be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.