• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all mates now?

Another government fuck up come and gone.

Back to being Dogs fans united over the corruption of the nrLOL.

PS fuck all refs!
Nah, I'm still waiting for the main event.
The title fight for TK Toughest Uckenfay Ehsay Adlay belt.
@wendog33 v @Gene Krupa
Who's your money on?
Me? Got to support the Dogs in wendog33.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the actual FUCK?
When and where have I identified as a YES voter?
Shit man, have you taken your pills today?
Even you have championed my posts in this thread!

Can someone advise the psych wards one of their patients is on the run?
actually I think you might be telling the truth. This is the exact reaction you would get from a no voter, deeply offended they were accused of being a mindless, gullible yes buffoon..

you seem legit a proper voter so I retract that deeply shocking accusation of throwing you in with the yes buffoons.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why are we not allowed to discuss world war 3?
Is it that old saying of if you want to know who rules over you, find out who you cannot criticise?
Notice people insult Christianity nearly on a daily basis on here and nobody bats an eye lid, but just say Israel or jew and threads get shut down....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So u go down to these entities you pay for a service and just tell them for enjoyment? Guess hosting a party for you must be a real challenge.
Personally I earn interest, they pay me.

I tell them that they shouldn't be involved in politics (especially the woke bullshit) and request that they pass it up the corporate chain. Very small chance of affecting change, but every little bit helps.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, so China is behind it all?
This is to destabilise us, so we're easier to defeat with their close enough, is good enough, weaponry!
I thought it was the Rocket Man from North Korea suppling Hamas with weapons.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Aussie rapper’s letter rocks Melbourne Storm
Aussie rap artist Briggs has written to the Melbourne Storm to announce he is cutting ties with the NRL cub, “dismayed” by its actions.

His letter comes after it was revealed Brett Ralph, a member on the club’s board of directors, was listed as a major contributor to the ‘No’ vote campaign during this month’s Indigenous Voice to Parliament referendum.

According to The Age, Ralph contributed $75,000 to the campaign despite the Melbourne Storm’s public stand with the NRL in supporting the proposal — which was voted down in a landslide result.

Briggs, whose real name is Adam Briggs, went viral on social media earlier this month for posting a short video, explaining what the ‘Yes’ vote actually stood for.

The NRL was one of 20 national sporting bodies that made a public, “unprecedented” stand together to support the Indigenous Voice to Parliament proposal earlier this year.

The donations made by Ralph, a sporting investment giant who has a 20 per cent stake in the team, were first made public in September, and Briggs is reported to have immediately registered his concerns about the development with Storm chief executive Justin Rodski on September 16.

According to the report, the proud Yorta Yorta and Wurundjeri man wrote the letter to Storm chairman Matt Tripp four weeks later as a result of the club’s public inaction around the issue.

Briggs, with the support of the club, has reportedly agreed to meet with club bosses and Ralph to address his decision to denounce the club that he has supported for more than 20 years.

The 37-year-old’s letter suggests there is a deep divide between the parties.

“I am writing to inform you that I will be rescinding my support for the Melbourne Storm Rugby League club, he wrote.

“I have been a proud supporter of the Melbourne Storm since it was established, along with my father Paul Briggs.

We have both developed lasting friendships within the club at all levels, from the playing field to the board table. I am a regular at Storm games and a vocal champion of the club on social & traditional media.

“My sadness and disappointment with the Storm stems from the Board’s failure to unify in support for The Voice to Parliament. Both the NRL and Storm have a big Polynesian, South Sea Islander and First Nations player participation on field which does not extend off field.”

He wrote in the letter he had earlier told Rodski he was “dismayed” to learn about Ralph’s donation.

“The No campaign actively devalued my people and my Yorta Yorta /Wurundjeri identity,” he wrote in the letter.

The letter was addressed to the Melbourne Storm's chairman. Photo: Twitter, @Briggs.

The letter was addressed to the Melbourne Storm's chairman. Photo: Twitter, @Briggs.
“It has heightened the stereotypes of devaluing our contribution to the Australian society and nationhood, and enhanced the burden of irrelevance.

“In doing so, it added to the already endless workload of myself, my father, and the Indigenous community.

“A donation to ‘No’ was a donation to peddle and amplify misinformation and fearmongering against Indigenous people.”

His letter called on the club to act on its publicly stated beliefs in support of the proposal.

The club has since responded with a public statement saying Ralph is entitled to his personal views.

“Brett (Ralph) has never used Melbourne Storm, or its players or staff, to express or promote his personal views on public or private matters,” a statement from the club said.

“Like all Australians, Brett is entitled to hold an opinion on matters important to him and, as a club, we do not instruct him — or others — to form a position that should be his to make.”

Sixty per cent of Australian voters agreed with the campaign Ralph financially backed.

However, Briggs was one of the highest-profile voices that spoke out after the referendum proposal was rejected.

“Whatever happens; there’s a line in the sand,” he posted on Twitter.

“We’ll remember who stood up and did the most.

“There was always going to be work to be done, and now we’ll know where to spend our energy.”

Ralph also owns stakes in the Melbourne United NBL team and the Melbourne Aces baseball team.

The NRL has been rocked since the vote with players seen refusing to sing the national anthem during the Kangaroos’ win over Samoa in the Pacific Championships last week.

Several Australian rugby league players, including Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas and Selwyn Cobbo, were seen silent while the national anthem was played, resulting in criticism from high profile figures, including former Australian Test captain Max Krilich.

Something that seems to have eluded Briggs;
Like all Australians, Brett is entitled to hold an opinion

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha Briggs is still melting down it seems. Did anyone else have a chuckle while reading that letter?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha Briggs is still melting down it seems. Did anyone else have a chuckle while reading that letter?
I chuckled at the second line.. he missed a word.. wouldn't you proof read the letter you plan on sending out to the masses.

Then I stopped reading. People like Briggs (his attitude, not his race) is a big reason why the no vote won.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I chuckled at the second line.. he missed a word.. wouldn't you proof read the letter you plan on sending out to the masses.

Then I stopped reading. People like Briggs (his attitude, not his race) is a big reason why the no vote won.
I will rescinding my support, bahaha

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He was in such an enraged state he was not able to think with any clarity.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Personally I earn interest, they pay me.

I tell them that they shouldn't be involved in politics (especially the woke bullshit) and request that they pass it up the corporate chain. Very small chance of affecting change, but every little bit helps.

Always a Bulldog
Sure. No fees or charges at all eh. And hopefully the kid at the front counter who gets your request tells you that you're entitled to take your business elsewhere because wouldn't want to waste your time. I'm fairly confident whomever gets your request up the food chain is going to laugh their head off. Or are your morals bought out by a really good interest rate?

I'm sure you'll take these morals to every company you deal with. The morals where you get to define what is deserved for mental health leave.

Gold.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Aussie rapper’s letter rocks Melbourne Storm
Aussie rap artist Briggs has written to the Melbourne Storm to announce he is cutting ties with the NRL cub, “dismayed” by its actions.

His letter comes after it was revealed Brett Ralph, a member on the club’s board of directors, was listed as a major contributor to the ‘No’ vote campaign during this month’s Indigenous Voice to Parliament referendum.

According to The Age, Ralph contributed $75,000 to the campaign despite the Melbourne Storm’s public stand with the NRL in supporting the proposal — which was voted down in a landslide result.

Briggs, whose real name is Adam Briggs, went viral on social media earlier this month for posting a short video, explaining what the ‘Yes’ vote actually stood for.

The NRL was one of 20 national sporting bodies that made a public, “unprecedented” stand together to support the Indigenous Voice to Parliament proposal earlier this year.

The donations made by Ralph, a sporting investment giant who has a 20 per cent stake in the team, were first made public in September, and Briggs is reported to have immediately registered his concerns about the development with Storm chief executive Justin Rodski on September 16.

According to the report, the proud Yorta Yorta and Wurundjeri man wrote the letter to Storm chairman Matt Tripp four weeks later as a result of the club’s public inaction around the issue.

Briggs, with the support of the club, has reportedly agreed to meet with club bosses and Ralph to address his decision to denounce the club that he has supported for more than 20 years.

The 37-year-old’s letter suggests there is a deep divide between the parties.

“I am writing to inform you that I will be rescinding my support for the Melbourne Storm Rugby League club, he wrote.

“I have been a proud supporter of the Melbourne Storm since it was established, along with my father Paul Briggs.

We have both developed lasting friendships within the club at all levels, from the playing field to the board table. I am a regular at Storm games and a vocal champion of the club on social & traditional media.

“My sadness and disappointment with the Storm stems from the Board’s failure to unify in support for The Voice to Parliament. Both the NRL and Storm have a big Polynesian, South Sea Islander and First Nations player participation on field which does not extend off field.”

He wrote in the letter he had earlier told Rodski he was “dismayed” to learn about Ralph’s donation.

“The No campaign actively devalued my people and my Yorta Yorta /Wurundjeri identity,” he wrote in the letter.

The letter was addressed to the Melbourne Storm's chairman. Photo: Twitter, @Briggs.'s chairman. Photo: Twitter, @Briggs.

“It has heightened the stereotypes of devaluing our contribution to the Australian society and nationhood, and enhanced the burden of irrelevance.

“In doing so, it added to the already endless workload of myself, my father, and the Indigenous community.

“A donation to ‘No’ was a donation to peddle and amplify misinformation and fearmongering against Indigenous people.”

His letter called on the club to act on its publicly stated beliefs in support of the proposal.

The club has since responded with a public statement saying Ralph is entitled to his personal views.

“Brett (Ralph) has never used Melbourne Storm, or its players or staff, to express or promote his personal views on public or private matters,” a statement from the club said.

“Like all Australians, Brett is entitled to hold an opinion on matters important to him and, as a club, we do not instruct him — or others — to form a position that should be his to make.”

Sixty per cent of Australian voters agreed with the campaign Ralph financially backed.

However, Briggs was one of the highest-profile voices that spoke out after the referendum proposal was rejected.

“Whatever happens; there’s a line in the sand,” he posted on Twitter.

“We’ll remember who stood up and did the most.

“There was always going to be work to be done, and now we’ll know where to spend our energy.”

Ralph also owns stakes in the Melbourne United NBL team and the Melbourne Aces baseball team.

The NRL has been rocked since the vote with players seen refusing to sing the national anthem during the Kangaroos’ win over Samoa in the Pacific Championships last week.

Several Australian rugby league players, including Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas and Selwyn Cobbo, were seen silent while the national anthem was played, resulting in criticism from high profile figures, including former Australian Test captain Max Krilich.

Something that seems to have eluded Briggs;
Like all Australians, Brett is entitled to hold an opinion

Always a Bulldog
Something that seems to have eluded you.

Brett would be on contract and one of those clauses would be not to do anything that harms the brand or contradicts the Storms position. Bog standard with any board, executive or senior management member. Its why he dumped the cash through an obscure shelf company. He knew. But he got caught.

Brett as a board member endorsed the storm position. Thats it. He's entitled to his opinion. But when your opinion contradicts your employer and you sign a contract that you will not contradict your employer - cannot complain about the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.