Opinion Two trials. Two games Reynolds outplays flopagun

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
@haz123 said it too and he always bags Averillo. Just give it up, his defence was fine until our middles got rolled and I can't understand why you're completely ignoring this. He even tanked a Talakai run one on one and went back into the tackle to force an error yet you're not saying a word about that?

Criticising him is fine because there's obviously a lot of things he can do better but flat out only blaming him is just stupid. There's multiple other blokes inside him that weren't doing anywhere near good enough and deserve criticism yet you aren't saying shit about them.
No. I’ve said so many were shit. Just doesn’t change his defence was putrid and he was pathetic today. Again.

There’s an averilo thread. Go read about his “paper defence” his “highlight hitting someone on the ground tackled by others” go read the averilo thread. 11 opinions. 0 positive. Get in there bud!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@haz123 said it too and he always bags Averillo. Just give it up, his defence was fine until our middles got rolled and I can't understand why you're completely ignoring this. He even tanked a Talakai run one on one and went back into the tackle to force an error yet you're not saying a word about that?

Criticising him is fine because there's obviously a lot of things he can do better but flat out only blaming him is just stupid. There's multiple other blokes inside him that weren't doing anywhere near good enough and deserve criticism yet you aren't saying shit about them.
I can agree he played very good until kikau went off..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolute garbage. Jake's defence was good until we got rolled through the middle and the Sharks had acres of time and space to attack our edges. The one genuinely bad effort was the attempt on Iro. Why don't you have the same energy for Kiraz who continually came off his wing and got caught flat footed?
Your boys a cat, he has talent but no heart. Very un bulldog like.....live with it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh what a shock you don’t think averilo was putrid unlike the rest of us.

Blokes a fraud and failed every position and as much as I hoped he would nail this it looks like another one he will fail and likely see his last year here I’d imagine.

Kiraz had a shit game too. Though like burton he has done plenty of good last year. Did kiraz come on cause averilo d was so shit? Did he not trust him after the first 2-3 trys? Who knows.

Either way jake sucked shark dick today.
Averillo is Mbye Version 2, plain and simple.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone please do a poll : preferred 7 Flanagan or Reynolds I think it would be closr

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Throw Perham in at halfback and see what he can do. Surely he's better than Flanno.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds would still be worse playing 80 at halfback. Burton also can't be relied upon to play halfback if he's going to keep hiding in the centres too.
I have a bad feeling that him hanging around the centres may have been deliberate. It's possible Ciraldo wants him to play centre so other playmakers can get more game time.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can see what’s happening than no doubt Ciro and Gus can too, it’s on them now.
Gus? I thought Gus was leaving the coaching to Ciraldo?
If not, this might be a big part of the problem.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would have been great if Ciro came in and just said, Avo here's the #1 jersey, you've got 1 season to prove you get to keep it. Then give Skelton the #3 and our backline is set with Burns, Casey, Perham, Okunbour all backup options.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It would have been great if Ciro came in and just said, Avo here's the #1 jersey, you've got 1 season to prove you get to keep it. Then give Skelton the #3 and our backline is set with Burns, Casey, Perham, Okunbour all backup options.
Obviously there was something he sees we don’t for why he didn’t. Though yesterday only confirms it more to me. Averilo and perham aren’t up to first grade. Jake’s had numerous positions and not locked 1. Moses mbye 2.0 without the mouth

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds would still be worse playing 80 at halfback. Burton also can't be relied upon to play halfback if he's going to keep hiding in the centres too.
Was thinking the same thing watching him, needs to play both sides of the field with the ball out in front at all times, we also need some key players running obvious inside angles to put defence on the back foot.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanges performances in the two trials we have played makes it very easy for the club to move him on without any blow back from the media, did Gus and Cc just give him enough rope to hang himself ? Burton parks on his edge and puts the bomb away?, Grub comes on and makes flange look like a school boy?. Really interested to see Burton play against Manly and how much control he takes of the team, that will tell the story.