Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

A

atomic_crimson

Mrs.Maitua said:
U know AC everytime I see the "grease stain" on the windows of trains - I think of you!!!!

its gross!!!! horrible :S seriously i always feel like throwin up seeing it!

D

D0ggyStylz

atomic_crimson said:
its gross!!!! horrible :S seriously i always feel like throwin up seeing it!
On a train last week sometime, I saw the impression of the side of a girls face on the window. Could have sworn that it was you!

A

atomic_crimson

Dogaholic said:
On a train last week sometime, I saw the impression of the side of a girls face on the window. Could have sworn that it was you!

hahaha wouldn't have been me cos i leave work at 10 - and trains get cleaned for the next morning :p

plussssss i dont wear make up or anything to work so there wouldnt be anything to stain the window :D

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I started noticing it more since you made that post...

You can really notice the smudges on the Millenium trains though... Probably because on all the other trains all the windows are completely covered in questionable stains! :p

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaahah I'm not joking - EVERYTIME I see it - I think - AC would be dying right about now...

A

atomic_crimson

glad i bought it to all your attention :p

c'mon iam i the only one who finds it gross?

D

D0ggyStylz

I don't pay attention, I am off in my own little world when i am on the train

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rarely notice because I am just trying to stay conscious (these peoples breath can quite literally knock you out)!

And when I can keep awake I am usually too preoccupied trying to figure out how to jam a chewy in the persons mouth without freaking everyone out...

D

DoggyStylz

5-6pm is a no go zone at town hall station, platforms are packed 4-5 ppl deep, i sort of work out a plan of attack when boarding trains now: throw as many knees and elbows as i can then kick the granny off the seat and make all the pregnant women stand! ;)

D

D0ggyStylz

dvsbastard said:
I rarely notice because I am just trying to stay conscious (these peoples breath can quite literally knock you out)!

And when I can keep awake I am usually too preoccupied trying to figure out how to jam a chewy in the persons mouth without freaking everyone out...
Best to be subtle!!! Hold out a chwie in their direction. "excuse me....YOUR BREATH ****ING STINKS!!!!"

A

atomic_crimson

good thing i get a train so late! no people with bad breath to deal with!

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My gripes.. including ones already posted.

People who think their bags deserve a seat before you do, and then glare at you when you actaully want to sit in said seat.
People who are going deaf and blare the music on their MP3 players at 150 Db
People who get off their seat 2 stations early on a packed train and expect you to move out of the way in the sardine like standing area so they can get next to the door .. where am i supposed to move to exactly?
People who are falling asleep on the train and their heads keep sagging and resting on your shoulder
People who dont know how to use deoderant or too much after shave / perfume
People who yell into their mobile phones as if they think they need to talk louder because the person they are speaking to isnt there with them
People with a 1 metere wide ass who think they can squeeze into a 20cm gap.
People who are sitting in a 3 seater but sit closest to the aisle that make you climb over them to sit down rather then them just sliding across.
People who get on a train with standing room only but wont move down or up to the aisles so the standing area soon gets so full you cant get on, yet the aisles are clear.
People who get on the train then stop on the stairs as if deciding where they should sit, while the people getting on the carriage from the other door take all the seats by the time you get a chance to get one

Yes I have many issues with commuters lol. Give me a few days and Im sure something else will pop up that annoyes me.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogaholic said:
Best to be subtle!!! Hold out a chwie in their direction. "excuse me....YOUR BREATH ****ING STINKS!!!!"
Actually ever since the Triple M ads were on TV I have really want to stand up in a packed carriage point at the "offender" and say in a loud, clear voice:

"THIS MANS BREATH SMELLS LIKE BIN JUICE!"...

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I havent caught a train to work for years, but I remember when you'd be squashed in the seats, and some old **** next to me would be reading his Sydney Morning Herald having it held out in front of me when Im trying to read a magazine. FOLD IT IN HALF FFS!

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesssssssssssss Baza - the SMH readers! Sometimes when they're reading it and they're sitting behind you, they rest their paper on your head!!!! So many times I've turned around with the look of death!!!!!!!!!!!

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mrs.Maitua said:
Yesssssssssssss Baza - the SMH readers! Sometimes when they're reading it and they're sitting behind you, they rest their paper on your head!!!! So many times I've turned around with the look of death!!!!!!!!!!!
AND your arm is trapped underneath all that paper. You cant see what you're trying to read or scratch your face or move without knocking the stupid oversized paper. When I had the ****s, I'd just move my forearm up and hit it the paper from underneath then give them a flithy look :D

A

Abz

Nexus said:
My gripes.. including ones already posted.

People who think their bags deserve a seat before you do, and then glare at you when you actaully want to sit in said seat.
People who are going deaf and blare the music on their MP3 players at 150 Db
People who get off their seat 2 stations early on a packed train and expect you to move out of the way in the sardine like standing area so they can get next to the door .. where am i supposed to move to exactly?
People who are falling asleep on the train and their heads keep sagging and resting on your shoulder
People who dont know how to use deoderant or too much after shave / perfume
People who yell into their mobile phones as if they think they need to talk louder because the person they are speaking to isnt there with them
People with a 1 metere wide ass who think they can squeeze into a 20cm gap.
People who are sitting in a 3 seater but sit closest to the aisle that make you climb over them to sit down rather then them just sliding across.
People who get on a train with standing room only but wont move down or up to the aisles so the standing area soon gets so full you cant get on, yet the aisles are clear.
People who get on the train then stop on the stairs as if deciding where they should sit, while the people getting on the carriage from the other door take all the seats by the time you get a chance to get one

Yes I have many issues with commuters lol. Give me a few days and Im sure something else will pop up that annoyes me.
You forgot people sleeping on a 3 seater, preventing 2 people from getting a seat

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
i hate trains end of story

from idiots who dont move fully into the carriage to idiots who eat garlic at 7am!
and to this dum ***** who always asks for money and ciggys in between granville and liverpool