Official Tim Sheens Goooone

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
The Wests Tigers’ five-year plan is not going to plan.

Tigers coach Tim Sheens is reportedly set to stand aside at the end of the season and hand the reins to Benji Marshall 12 months earlier than planned.

The Tigers board have made the call to move Sheens into an ambassador role after concerns were raised by key stakeholders over the direction of the club.

Sheens was meant to coach the Tigers for 2023 and 2024 before his assistant Marshall took over for the following three seasons.

Sheens has thrown his support behind Marshall starting his head coaching career early but thought he’d be returning to his role as general manager, according to The SMH.

The 2005 premiership winning coach returned to the club in that role last year and was then named head coach after Michael Maguire was sacked.

But it things haven’t gone to plan for the Tigers and with just three wins from 21 games they’re near certainties to collect a second straight wooden spoon.

“It is indeed regrettable that I find myself having to speak of these matters publicly,” Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis told The SMH.

“But there have been internal discussions about expediting the transition of Benji into the head coaching role which is something that was always contemplated.”

MORE TO COME.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was this ever going to work just because you were a good coach in 2005 don’t make you a good coach now. The game has changed 10 fold since

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to wonder if there's been some white anting going on there. I know a couple of people that have links to the tigers who in the past have said a few players have been instrumental in getting coaching staff sacked.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope the Tigers turn it around one of these days. They have a lot of talent there now with both experienced and younger players. I'm sick of seeing the same teams dominate and the same clubs struggling so I empathise with the Tigers considering we've been as bad if not worse for the last 8 years or so.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the Tigers turn it around one of these days. They have a lot of talent there now with both experienced and younger players. I'm sick of seeing the same teams dominate and the same clubs struggling so I empathise with the Tigers considering we've been as bad if not worse for the last 8 years or so.
The board has got to go. Until then they will continue to struggle unfortunately

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Happy for the Bulldogs to raid some of their players when the Benji honey moon period is over mid next yr. They have a better team, better crop of kids coming through but it still wouldn't want to be them.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigger shitshow than dogs. They blew up their 5 year after 12 months. Our 5 year plan is now 10 years

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dogs need to go after middles:
Justin Matamua
Asitasi James
Trey Mooney

Then try and get Kini out of the Titans as hes a star. There's our fullback for next 10 years.. he's similar to Walsh in his movements

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
sheens thought he would be incredible and have the tigers fans wanting him to stay on lol

he tried it

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was this ever going to work just because you were a good coach in 2005 don’t make you a good coach now. The game has changed 10 fold since
He got lucky the Dogs and Roosters had struggles that year. Always thought he was a nothing coach

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Happy for the Bulldogs to raid some of their players when the Benji honey moon period is over mid next yr. They have a better team, better crop of kids coming through but it still wouldn't want to be them.
Probably won't happen. It's looking very much like the Tigers are now a majority Crown Sports / Mario Tartak club now. Plenty of his stock heading there and already some in lower grades.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By the way Sheens and the Dragons interim coach deserve a tonne of credit for calling out the refs and NRL week after week when they get rorted so badly. Too bad it falls on deaf ears and nothing happens.