This will make you feel better

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuck the doomers we fucking won. We won both half of 40 mins. The regular doom **** here should go join another forum they are negative cancer . Enjoy the win, we did well . Just beat the roosters when we were $1.40 to $4.00 favourite
>"won both half of 40 min"
explain how we won the 2nd half when they outscored us 26-4

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So all the doom and gloom here lately. I know its only a small sample size but I think we are 9th in attack and 10th in defence and sit 13 (with possibly 1-2 more wins could have gone our way with a bounce of the ball or a few better calls/injuries). Yes all this coulda woulda shoulda hypotheticals are nonsense in the grand scheme of things.

A close loss will never be a good one in a system that rewards win. But if I remember correctly we were last in defence last year, one of the worst teams ever according to some experts. So we took it to the Roosters, could have beat Parra, and were the better team for all but the first 10 mins of the game and first 5 mins of the second half against a very poor souths team.

We havent been close to full strength yet. JAC has been fit for 53 mins in the first 5 weeks, key injuries to Preston, losing one of our only props in the first tackle of a game too. Sports is a funny game and sometimes the football gods smile on you and sometimes they dont.

But what the club has done in the last 24 months alone cant be sneezed at. If you are a gould or Ciro hater for what ever reason, our juniors are consistently top 4 teams and title threats (something we havent had since 2012), our squad has complete transitioned from the goon squad of 2020, and we have cap space without having hundreds of thousands of dollars in dead cap space from silly signings and overpaying (Tolman on 800K+?). We arent a title threat at all, in fact i think top 8 is out of reach, but with a young core (preston, King, Critta, Mahoney, Burton) with kids excelling in u16, u18, u21 and reserve grade. It wont be quick but I cant see why in 3-5 years we wont be a top 4 team. People lambast gould because he hasnt clicked his fingers and fixed things or he is on a power trip or what ever. To those I say if not him then who? Everyone was losing their load over Shane Flanagan. If he cant get a squad with Hunt, Lomax, Ravalawa, Blake Lawrie, JDB, Jayden Sua, Leilua, Sloan, Jnr Flange :p above us on the table then what would he have done with a squad with no forwards, no halves and no fullback.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you Boggie23. The signs of improvement are there.....
Think of all the players who have come in, they are all playing well and are buying into the coach's structure and culture. Taafe was shaky early, but has been getting better every game. Mann and Curran are both beasts.
I just want to see Ciraldo nail his selections (once we get past these injuries). Then this team can start going for the top 8. This year we probably just miss out (in 10th) but next year we scrap into 6th or so.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you Boggie23. The signs of improvement are there.....
Think of all the players who have come in, they are all playing well and are buying into the coach's structure and culture. Taafe was shaky early, but has been getting better every game. Mann and Curran are both beasts.
I just want to see Ciraldo nail his selections (once we get past these injuries). Then this team can start going for the top 8. This year we probably just miss out (in 10th) but next year we scrap into 6th or so.
I reckon if we can keep playing like we did with the roosters then anything’s possible. It’s just the energy in attack and defence has to be-every week. We have storms, knights, bye, tigers, Penrith.

4 games in 5 weeks, surely we can nab 2/4 at a minimum

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon if we can keep playing like we did with the roosters then anything’s possible. It’s just the energy in attack and defence has to be-every week. We have storms, knights, bye, tigers, Penrith.

4 games in 5 weeks, surely we can nab 2/4 at a minimum
Hopefully Hutchinson starts passing the ball when we are 5 out with a 3 on 1 overlap :p haha

If the flange was the master of the inside ball this guy is the master of stopping and stepping back into a defender :tongueclosed:

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Hutchinson starts passing the ball when we are 5 out with a 3 on 1 overlap :p haha

If the flange was the master of the inside ball this guy is the master of stopping and stepping back into a defender :tongueclosed:
yeah I know everyone gives him shit but I’m hoping this win can give them all confidence going forward. Sexton isn’t the answer, we are short a forward or two and a halfback. Very happy with Blake at fb his finally settled and we can focus on our forwards and halfback

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeah I know everyone gives him shit but I’m hoping this win can give them all confidence going forward. Sexton isn’t the answer, we are short a forward or two and a halfback. Very happy with Blake at fb his finally settled and we can focus on our forwards and halfback
Yeh, sexton is much muchness. Shame we dont have a game controlling, long kick half. A 32 year old Kimmorley or Ricky Stuart would be perfect right about now. Even a 32 year old James Maloney.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah honestly I wanted blood I want 50 I wanted to stick it up the rorting fuckers but you know what’s sweet they though easy two points and we got their two points they believe was theirs fuck the rorting pricks
Oh and beating south’s would have been just as good.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So all the doom and gloom here lately. I know its only a small sample size but I think we are 9th in attack and 10th in defence and sit 13 (with possibly 1-2 more wins could have gone our way with a bounce of the ball or a few better calls/injuries). Yes all this coulda woulda shoulda hypotheticals are nonsense in the grand scheme of things.

A close loss will never be a good one in a system that rewards win. But if I remember correctly we were last in defence last year, one of the worst teams ever according to some experts. So we took it to the Roosters, could have beat Parra, and were the better team for all but the first 10 mins of the game and first 5 mins of the second half against a very poor souths team.

We havent been close to full strength yet. JAC has been fit for 53 mins in the first 5 weeks, key injuries to Preston, losing one of our only props in the first tackle of a game too. Sports is a funny game and sometimes the football gods smile on you and sometimes they dont.

But what the club has done in the last 24 months alone cant be sneezed at. If you are a gould or Ciro hater for what ever reason, our juniors are consistently top 4 teams and title threats (something we havent had since 2012), our squad has complete transitioned from the goon squad of 2020, and we have cap space without having hundreds of thousands of dollars in dead cap space from silly signings and overpaying (Tolman on 800K+?). We arent a title threat at all, in fact i think top 8 is out of reach, but with a young core (preston, King, Critta, Mahoney, Burton) with kids excelling in u16, u18, u21 and reserve grade. It wont be quick but I cant see why in 3-5 years we wont be a top 4 team. People lambast gould because he hasnt clicked his fingers and fixed things or he is on a power trip or what ever. To those I say if not him then who? Everyone was losing their load over Shane Flanagan. If he cant get a squad with Hunt, Lomax, Ravalawa, Blake Lawrie, JDB, Jayden Sua, Leilua, Sloan, Jnr Flange :p above us on the table then what would he have done with a squad with no forwards, no halves and no fullback.
Well said. A great post.

I reckon three years and we should start to feel that the team is ready to threaten for a top four spot.