This will affect memberships

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I just hope the club doesn't throw stupid money at an average player just so fans buy up a few extra memberships.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from Facebook Page!

I'm writing to you to not only complain but request to cancel my 2017 membership for me and my wife. After the resignation of club legend S. Mortimer and the way that the club has not informed 'members' as you call them. I have been a paying member for 2 years (its been much longer than that, but this club only recognizes people with a card).

I've sat through the salary cap and Coffs Harbour scandal and i can safely say i have never been so disappointed to call myself a bulldogs 'fan'. Keeping Hasler may (or may not) buy you a premiership, but in the meantime you have just killed the club. You have had several Bulldogs legends come out against Haslers boring style of coaching. You have had countless members come out against him.

From signing the worst big man to ever touch a football in Tony Williams, to dropping Michael Ennis to gain a young untalented hooker in Liicha, While allowing the club to sign a part time football player full time religious man Will Hopoate and over paying an 'in demand' young half back in M'bye, that i must say, is yet to show the club anything what so ever in return. Not to mention letting Frank Pritchard and Finucane to go, two of the only passionate players we've had come through in a long time.

If you, your coaching staff and upper management can't see that what we want is a little bit of passion, we've come far from the club i know and turned into a business. That's perfectly fine from your side of the table, but members aren't paying to see where we sit on the table. We pay to go out there and be a little excited about quality Football. The Football that the likes of Reynolds, Jackson and Kasiano deliver, those players that play right up until the bell regardless of the score and give us 'members' something to cheer about. You know, when we're still out there at 80 minutes to a thrashing and all of your 'card holders' have gone home.

This guy is running a bulldozer through the club i once loved. Whether or not you buy yourself a premiership with this Coach at the helm is questionable, but what i do know is that you will have DEStroyed the club and its culture in the meantime. You may gain some bandwagon memberships with him there, but you will lose life long memberships.

In the last few years this club has gone from bad to worse, maybe not on the ladder but definitely in its culture. The resignation of Steve Mortimer is the final straw for me. I can not stand by a club that allows a Legend to resign to try and buy themselves a premiership, We are not and will not ever be the roosters, thats not how we were and i will not stay around while we become 'that' club.

If i'm too late and can't cancel my membership, so be it. I can tell you, you can take my money but you can't change the way we are run and therefor, regardless if paid or not, i will not attend a game in the foreseeable future.

Also while i'm here, I need to say. Who ever it is the informs 'members' of the goings on at the club, needs to be replaced. I hear more from poor media (triple m radio and fox sports) than i do from a club that i pay a membership for (plastic card). If you're going to run the club as the business you are, you should atleast be making share holders aware of what's going on.

Regards,

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from Facebook Page!

I'm writing to you to not only complain but request to cancel my 2017 membership for me and my wife. After the resignation of club legend S. Mortimer and the way that the club has not informed 'members' as you call them. I have been a paying member for 2 years (its been much longer than that, but this club only recognizes people with a card)
Just make sure you block the number for Bulldogs membership on your smartphone because you are bound to get dozens of calls next year begging you to buy a partial plan.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you block the number for Bulldogs membership on your smartphone because you are bound to get dozens of calls next year begging you to buy a partial plan.
Dont block the number repeatedly tell them why you left

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the comments on facebook on Turveys resignation and Des staying:

Mick Vidakovic Yes yes yes
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs

Rageb Alaa
Ali Saad thank god really relieved
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs

Dan Groves
Liam Harris fucking oath the man is staying
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs
2 Replies · 5 hrs

Chris Fawcett
Get with us or get behind us
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Qanazea Sultan
Lets go Des lets make it a big year
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Gemma Vassallo
#teamdes
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Maria Wood
Best news now onwards and upwards 2017.
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Darren Barrett
I will wait to see CEO say it
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
1 Reply

Charlie Carroll

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Tareck El Sankari
That's bullshit!!!!
Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Kerri Arthur
Wtf!!!
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Rick Skein
Good good
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha... I'll say 3 words to them after they introduce themselves.

Me: hello
BM: hi, This is.................... From Bulldogs membership, would you like to sign up for 2017
Me: fuck off Des! Beep, beep, beep.....

Guess who's going to block who!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm definitely not renewing sadly. 5 years of tenure ending now.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs

Rageb Alaa
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs

Dan Groves
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs
2 Replies · 5 hrs

Chris Fawcett
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Qanazea Sultan
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Gemma Vassallo
#teamdes
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Maria Wood
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Darren Barrett
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
1 Reply

Charlie Carroll

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Tareck El Sankari
That's bullshit!!!!
Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Kerri Arthur
Wtf!!!
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Rick Skein
Good good
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
This shit doesn't surprise me.

The greatest trick Des ever pulled was convincing the world he was a footballing genius.

Unfortunately many people still believe it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs

Rageb Alaa
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs

Dan Groves
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs
2 Replies · 5 hrs

Chris Fawcett
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Qanazea Sultan
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Gemma Vassallo
#teamdes
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Maria Wood
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Darren Barrett
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
1 Reply

Charlie Carroll

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Tareck El Sankari
That's bullshit!!!!
Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Kerri Arthur
Wtf!!!
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Rick Skein
Good good
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
They aren't all positive.

"High performance program" how's that working out? Last season was the only time I've ever considered not renewing my membership. Today's outcome has sealed that decision.

I cancelled my family membership at the start of this year...i guess I could see something like this coming. Congratulations to Steve Mortimer and Terry Lamb for your courage and integrity. The bulldogs are fools for accepting turveys resignation....record high memberships in 2016, record low memberships in 2017?

We have already cancelled our membership for 2017. They automatically roll it over from this year. Needless to say we declined their offer to renew our 6 memberships that we have held for nearly 10 years. I am not wasting my money on membership Our family will continue to support the players/teams but 100% won't be doing memberships for 2017.

What Steve Mortimer said was the truth. I have a lot of respect for Hasler but he doesn't understand the culture of the club or the passion of fans and players
Our family also is not renewing our membership. We will always bleed blue and white

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They aren't all positive.

"High performance program" how's that working out? Last season was the only time I've ever considered not renewing my membership. Today's outcome has sealed that decision.

I cancelled my family membership at the start of this year...i guess I could see something like this coming. Congratulations to Steve Mortimer and Terry Lamb for your courage and integrity. The bulldogs are fools for accepting turveys resignation....record high memberships in 2016, record low memberships in 2017?

We have already cancelled our membership for 2017. They automatically roll it over from this year. Needless to say we declined their offer to renew our 6 memberships that we have held for nearly 10 years. I am not wasting my money on membership Our family will continue to support the players/teams but 100% won't be doing memberships for 2017.

What Steve Mortimer said was the truth. I have a lot of respect for Hasler but he doesn't understand the culture of the club or the passion of fans and players
Our family also is not renewing our membership. We will always bleed blue and white

there was also a poll created on one of the page , i cant be bothered to find it where it was asked "you wants Des to stay or go" and overwhelming 75% majority with close to 200 fans wanted des to stay.

Also a petition was run asking des to stay and it got 100 signatures with few hours.

majority of the fans are delusionals and happy with mediocrity.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Turvey- club legend and always wants what's best for the club is the last straw from these blow ins.
I'm out, first thing tomorrow and can't wait to explain why.
What's the number
I want to call too

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone from Facebook thought they looked like brothers

Screenshot_2016-10-14-23-53-44~2.png

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was also a poll created on one of the page , i cant be bothered to find it where it was asked "you wants Des to stay or go" and overwhelming 75% majority with close to 200 fans wanted des to stay.

Also a petition was run asking des to stay and it got 100 signatures with few hours.

I guess some people learn the hard way! 2018 can't come quick enough to get rid of this board. Unless our friend Dibb know how to fix that shit too!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

We won't really know until next year but I'd be very surprised if they get over 20000 again. Even if they fudge the figures with give away memberships it's not going help the bank account.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We won't really know until next year but I'd be very surprised if they get over 20000 again. Even if they fudge the figures with give away memberships it's not going help the bank account.

true.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The club can go and get fucked the pricks won't be getting my money. How the hell hasler is still coach is beyond me.

HASLER PISS OFF YOURE A BLOODY DISGRACE TO THIS CLUB YA SCUM!

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure which fan page you are looking at but i have gone through quiet a few on face book and one with a poll to sack or keep des and majority of the dogs fans are with des and actually putting a boot into turvey for standing upto him.

sorry but this fan forum doesnt represent the majority of the canterbury bulldogs fans on this issue.

...iv have had arguments with some of these dumb facebooks fans.. there logic is that it is all the players faults and has nothing to do with hasler, these guys are completely okay with struggling to get into the 8 everyyear and than bailing out of the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.