The Tottenham Hotspur F.C. Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
[video=youtube;QlSqQX-e5oM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSqQX-e5oM&feature=related[/video]

Why can't Jamie Gascoigne comentate all Spurs games? Quality unbiased comentating, what more could you ask for?
[video=youtube;Nt4rLJKDT90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4rLJKDT90[/video]
[video=youtube;E0K0x2P-V8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0K0x2P-V8I[/video]

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[video=youtube;QlSqQX-e5oM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSqQX-e5oM&feature=related[/video]

Why can't Jamie Gascoigne comentate all Spurs games? Quality unbiased comentating, what more could you ask for?
[video=youtube;Nt4rLJKDT90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4rLJKDT90[/video]
[video=youtube;E0K0x2P-V8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0K0x2P-V8I[/video]
BIAS? What bias?

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
COME ON YOU SPURS!!! WOO HOO!
Good win against QPR. Could have been a big win, but it looked like the boys took the foot off the accelerator for a while. Two away games against Rubin Kazan in the Europa and Fulham. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!:D

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ozman
Currently Offline
KENNEL'S FAGGIT ozman is on a distinguished road

Kennel Cash

Exclamation VDV: Tottenham are better then Arsenal

VdV: Spurs are still better than Arsenal

Rafael van der Vaart has told Arsenal not to get carried away with their win over Chelsea and insists Tottenham are still the best team in north London.

Arsenal shocked Chelsea with a stunning 5-3 win at Stamford Bridge on Saturday to move within three points of the Barclays Premier League top four.

The victory was their eighth in nine matches - a sequence that demonstrates just how much Arsene Wenger's men have turned around their season after a dismal start.

Their only defeat since that run began in September was at White Hart Lane - a fact that Van der Vaart perhaps took into consideration yesterday when he issued a stark warning to the Gunners after helping Tottenham extend their own unbeaten run to seven matches with a 3-1 win over QPR.

The Dutchman, who has now scored in a club record-equalling five successive Premier League games, thinks that despite Arsenal's recent good form, Tottenham who are the kings of north London.

"We are better than Arsenal," Van der Vaart said.

"In our last seven games we have won six and drawn once. It's a long season, but I think we have a bigger and better squad."

Chelsea and Arsenal have dominated the London scene for the last two decades, but under Harry Redknapp, Tottenham reached the Champions League quarter-finals last term, and look set to challenge for qualification to Europe's top club competition again this term after their recent good form.

Sunday's win, which came courtesy of a Van der Vaart goal and a double from Gareth Bale, moved Spurs level on points with the Blues, who are stuck in third after losing their last two games.

Van der Vaart is so confident about Spurs' strength in depth that he thinks the club could challenge the likes of Chelsea and even Manchester United for second and third place come the end of the season.

"Are we the best team in London? Maybe, but it's still early," Van der Vaart said.

"We're in a good way. We are much better than we were last season.

"Man City is the best team in the league and below them you have a lot of good teams and we are one of them."

Despite being beset by off-the-field problems involving Carlos Tevez in recent weeks, Roberto Mancini's team have opened up a five-point gap at the top of the table, thanks mainly to a 6-1 hiding they gave the Red Devils at Old Trafford eight days ago.

Van der Vaart has been impressed with City's performances this year - they beat Tottenham 5-1 at White Hart Lane in August - although he does think the wheels could come off their title assault at any point due to the big egos in the City dressing room.

"At the moment they are really good. They are winning games easily and how they played against Man United was impressive, but they also have the difficulty of a lot of egos so that could also be a problem," the 28-year-old said.

"When you play for a big team, when they buy a lot of good players and a lot of players also aren't happy.

"Look at (Emmanuel) Adebayor. He is a great player for us, but he was not even in the squad at City and was training with the youngsters."

Despite Van der Vaart's excellent goal-scoring form, he has had to play on the right wing on a number of occasions this term thanks to an injury to Aaron Lennon.

Van der Vaart publicly voiced his concerns about playing in that position recently, prompting rumours of a rift with Redknapp, but the Holland international played down such talk yesterday, saying: "Playing behind the striker is my favourite position but when the coach needs me on the right side I can play there as well," he said.

"I played there against Arsenal and did well so it's not a problem but I'm not a player that has to chase a left-back."

FLICK THE EELS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Over 2 years since the Gooners beat us in the EPL. As a tribute:

We don’t need no drunken drivers,
No baggage stealers in our team,
No lying Judas or cocaine dealers
Wenger leave those kids alone
HEY WENGER,LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE,
all in all your just another prick from Arsenal.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Over 2 years since the Gooners beat us in the EPL. As a tribute:

We don’t need no drunken drivers,
No baggage stealers in our team,
No lying Judas or cocaine dealers
Wenger leave those kids alone
HEY WENGER,LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE,
all in all your just another prick from Arsenal.
That's pretty sad.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it how the butthurt Arsenal fans have given me negative rep for posting my comments instead of trying to debate...COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love it how the butthurt Arsenal fans have given me negative rep for posting my comments instead of trying to debate...COME ON YOU SPURS!!!
Love how spurs haven't won the league in 50 years, haven't finished above Arsenal in a long time and have a far less impressive history on the trophy front. And their fans try to say they have NL bragging rights. lol

There's your debate. Now I'll wait to be called a racist or a **** etc.

P.S. lol at Spurs fans complaining about Jewish related chants yet feeling it's alright to label Wenger a paedophile. It's all part of football and I don't mind the Wenger pedo chants or any chants really, as long as people don't try to then use one set of chants to make points against one particular set of fans and ignore their own.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
- League Titles: Arsenal 13, Tottenham 2.
- FA Cups: Arsenal 10, Tottenham 8
- Years Since Last League Title: Arsenal 6, Tottenham 50 (That's HALF A CENTURY.)
- Since Tottenham last won the league Arsenal have won it 6 times.
- League & FA Cup Doubles: Arsenal 3, Tottenham 1
- Arsenal have won the league at White Hart Lane twice
- Arsenal have completed 49 games without losing.
- Number of seasons in Champions League: Arsenal 13 (Consecutive), Tottenham 1
- Arsenal unbeaten against Tottenham in the league for 20 consecutive matches, from Nov 7th 1999 - Apr 14th 2010.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love how spurs haven't won the league in 50 years, haven't finished above Arsenal in a long time and have a far less impressive history on the trophy front. And their fans try to say they have NL bragging rights. lol

There's your debate. Now I'll wait to be called a racist or a **** etc.

P.S. lol at Spurs fans complaining about Jewish related chants yet feeling it's alright to label Wenger a paedophile. It's all part of football and I don't mind the Wenger pedo chants or any chants really, as long as people don't try to then use one set of chants to make points against one particular set of fans and ignore their own.
No book I won't resort to personal name calling.
As for Arsenal being more successful than Spurs, that's right but as soon as Tottenham win some games against Arsenal and the fans have some bragging rights then some BUTTHURT fans resort to giving me negative rep, WTF? Now while I'm on the topic of bad sportsmanship, who deleted the previous The Tottenham Hotspur F.C. Super Thread?

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- League Titles: Arsenal 13, Tottenham 2.
- FA Cups: Arsenal 10, Tottenham 8
- Years Since Last League Title: Arsenal 6, Tottenham 50 (That's HALF A CENTURY.)
- Since Tottenham last won the league Arsenal have won it 6 times.
- League & FA Cup Doubles: Arsenal 3, Tottenham 1
- Arsenal have won the league at White Hart Lane twice
- Arsenal have completed 49 games without losing.
- Number of seasons in Champions League: Arsenal 13 (Consecutive), Tottenham 1
- Arsenal unbeaten against Tottenham in the league for 20 consecutive matches, from Nov 7th 1999 - Apr 14th 2010.
Touch a nerve did I?

FLICK THE EELS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As for Arsenal being more successful than Spurs, that's right but as soon as Tottenham win some games against Arsenal and the fans have some bragging rights then some BUTTHURT fans resort to giving me negative rep, WTF? Now while I'm on the topic of bad sportsmanship, who deleted the previous The Tottenham Hotspur F.C. Super Thread?
Nick don't ask questions like that. You''l make those Gooners fans unhappy. And you know how they react when they get upset

[video=youtube;P_rGrkzs2Fk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_rGrkzs2Fk[/video]

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick don't ask questions like that. You''l make those Gooners fans unhappy. And you know how they react when they get upset

[video=youtube;P_rGrkzs2Fk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_rGrkzs2Fk[/video]
I don't mind a bit of banter flick. But when you have other people giving you negative rep without responding to your posts then I find that a bit strange, don't you?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But do Spurs really have bragging rights after winning even a couple of games against Arsenal? Can a team that hasn't won the league in 50 years really brag to their rivals who have won it 6 times since then? Do bragging rights only operate on a whoever won the last game basis?

And I didn't give you negative rep, maybe the negative repping reflects the character of the person who did it, not Arsenal fans in general.

I don't mind a bit of banter flick. But when you have other people giving you negative rep without responding to your posts then I find that a bit strange, don't you?

I'll gladly respond to most posts, but in my experience on this particular forum, it just ends in flick calling everyone racists, so it gets a tad boring.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post But do Spurs really have bragging rights after winning even a couple of games against Arsenal? Can a team that hasn't won the league in 50 years really brag to their rivals who have won it 6 times since then? Do bragging rights only operate on a whoever won the last game basis?

**** yeah! We do it all the time in the RL. Especially when we beat teams like parra, the merge and now softco@#s manly.
Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post And I didn't give you negative rep, maybe the negative repping reflects the character of the person who did it, not Arsenal fans in general.
Arsenal fans on this forum you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post I'll gladly respond to most posts, but in my experience on this particular forum, it just ends in flick calling everyone racists, so it gets a tad boring.
I'm not racist....I fu@#$#g hate everyone.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

FLICK THE EELS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll gladly respond to most posts, but in my experience on this particular forum, it just ends in flick calling everyone racists, so it gets a tad boring.
As least you can respond. For some reason I'm still banned from the Gooners thread. Pathetic really. Must like Wenger's reaction every time you lose.

It gets a tad boring having to read racist/ant-semitic comments. And then having to read pitiful justifications for it. If similar comments were made about the Bulldogs Arab fans, the posters would be banned straight away.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As least you can respond. For some reason I'm still banned from the Gooners thread. Pathetic really. Must like Wenger's reaction every time you lose.

It gets a tad boring having to read racist/ant-semitic comments. And then having to read pitiful justifications for it. If similar comments were made about the Bulldogs Arab fans, the posters would be banned straight away.
So what are you saying flick? That the Arsenal fans on this forum are from a certain background and don't like the Tottenham fans on this forum because they are from an opposing background?
Is that the reason for your avatar?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what are you saying flick? That the Arsenal fans on this forum are from a certain background and don't like the Tottenham fans on this forum because they are from an opposing background?
Is that the reason for your avatar?
I hope that's not being implied, because I'm English anyway and only use yid as a word related to Spurs during football banter. It means nothing to me outside of football banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.