The State of Play - Some scary stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have an unimpressive team full stop. Ifs & buts & refs sure but if we took control at vital stages we win but who is taking control nobody. Blame our spine which is the poorest in the NRL

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol.... no. Just no. The roster and salary cap problems we are encountering are all down to Hasler....as are many of the less than productive aspects of our play that we still haven’t made in a long time. Notice Pay talked about line speed tonight? I font think he wants us to be sitting back on our heels at times. When that happens, I think it’s down to post Hasler malaise.

Hasler has let go of good players, re-signed the wrong players on too much money, or in some cases re-signed good players for overs.... or on back ended deals that were always going to bite us.... as they did manly.

Whether Pay is the answer or not...well, the jury is still out on that...but we definitely needed to get rid of Hasler. If we’d done it a little sooner, we may have actually avoided some of the financial pain, found the right roster and given Pay a true chance to either succeed or fail. We may well be on the rebuild by now.

Hasler did so much damage to this place. Boggles my mind a few want him back.

You can’t kust look at stats man. Hasler did a shocking job of managing our salary cap and has intolked a lot of bad habits in our team that will take time to work out of our system. The dude fucked us royally IMHO.
The big money contracts are up in 2018, then who do we blame??

Woods is not a Hasler signing and neither is the Lichaa re-signing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The big money contracts are up in 2018, then who do we blame??

Woods is not a Hasler signing and neither is the Lichaa re-signing.
Woods wasn’t a Hasler signing? I think you’ll find Gasler was well and truly involved in that signing. You’re right that mochas wasn’t a Hasler re-signing. Although Hasler did sign him initially and then forbids him from running (which along with d is his only real strength) for a number of years.

We’re better off without that dud (Hasler).

Also, font know where you get this idea the big money contracts end this year. Tolman is still on huge money beyond this year... with his pay packet increasing each year no doubt.... he’s not the only one.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woods wasn’t a Hasler signing? I think you’ll find Gasler was well and truly involved in that signing. You’re right that mochas wasn’t a Hasler re-signing. Although Hasler did sign him initially and then forbids him from running (which along with d is his only real strength) for a number of years.

We’re better off without that dud (Hasler).
Agreed things went stale under Hasler but the rebuild has been handled terribly. Give Cleary this squad with 1mil to spend and we'd be top 8.

No way Hasler would get rid of Graham for Woods. He is too loyal to key players.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
and tonights game.... we never looked interested in winning even when up.
Yeah that must be it!Why would they be interested in winning?
Obviously we have a team of layabout no-hopers.
Have you ever tried being a "glass half-full"person?
If Foran holds onto that ball under the posts we're 18-2 up,different game mate.
And please don't bag Foran for dropping it!Then I will be sure you can't see things clearly.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
we have an unimpressive team full stop. Ifs & buts & refs sure but if we took control at vital stages we win but who is taking control nobody. Blame our spine which is the poorest in the NRL
We don't have very impressive team at the moment granted.But it will get better.Besides you don't need a team of stars to play like a star team.There were some positives tonight,along with some biased refeering which cruelled us.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was Foran even playing in the 2nd half? Might of but I didn't notice

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Agreed things went stale under Hasler but the rebuild has been handled terribly. Give Cleary this squad with 1mil to spend and we'd be top 8.

No way Hasler would get rid of Graham for Woods. He is too loyal to key players.
Mate, Hasler targeted woods from the same time he targeted Tedesco and Foran. They were supposed to be our three big signings. I think if Des has his way, we’d have had a team of props.

None of these signings are really on Pay, with the exception of Lichaa, who Pay wanted yo re-sign after Des told him he would be renewed.

Not really saying Pay was the right appointment...but he is definitely working under some constraints. I can definitely see the argument he could be getting more out of the team. Though the fact he mentioned line speed as a problem tonight does make me think he’s dealing with some bad habits which have been pretty deeply ingrained into most of our roster.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate, Hasler targeted woods from the same time he targeted Tedesco and Foran. They were supposed to be our three big signings. I think if Des has his way, we’d have had a team of props.

None of these signings are really on Pay, with the exception of Lichaa, who Pay wanted yo re-sign after Des told him he would be renewed.

Not really saying Pay was the right appointment...but he is definitely working under some constraints. I can definitely see the argument he could be getting more out of the team. Though the fact he mentioned line speed as a problem tonight does make me think he’s dealing with some bad habits which have been pretty deeply ingrained into most of our roster.
So Dib let Hasler recruit even when his track record was poor. Then to top it off Dib sacks Hasler and we are stuck with his recruits.

The clean slate year for us is the end of 2018 where all the big money signings are off contract. The problem is Dib has fucked the cap again by signing players who don't fit Pay's plan. Cleary had 6 months before he recruited and it coincided with big money players coming off contract.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Folkes God rest his soul, would be turning in his grave at the rubbish we've been dishing out.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You can make stats look which ever way you want but the thing is our roster is totally fucked because Hasler fucked our cap

If we had cash to spend Pay could have had a lot better squad out there, instead we had to shop players around to other clubs and keep the shit nobody wanted to touch

Mbye on fucken $900,000 this year is Des
Eastwood on $850,000 this year is Des Morris boys taking up $1.5 million is Des
Tolman mental contract is Des
Paying Graham and Kas to play elsewhere is Des
Being stuck with Elliot for 3yrs is Des
Having no depth is Des

If our club was a house it would be a knock down rebuild job not a nice little fixer upper

Is Pay a decent coach?? We won’t know until he gets a chance to build the squad he wants, at the moment he has a team of talentless over paid hacks with many also aging and the younger ones having and over inflated sense of their abilities due to massive over payments in their contracts they think they are fucking super stars eg mr media mbye

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So Dib let Hasler recruit even when his track record was poor. Then to top it off Dib sacks Hasler and we are stuck with his recruits.

The clean slate year for us is the end of 2018 where all the big money signings are off contract. The problem is Dib has fucked the cap again by signing players who don't fit Pay's plan. Cleary had 6 months before he recruited and it coincided with big money players coming off contract.
Absolutely, Ray Dib’s fingerprints are all over this too. Re-signing Des when he should have been let go and handing him the cheque book and letting him sign players on big money only to eventually let him go anyway was shocking management. He should have just made the call that needed to be made earlier to let us prepare as much as possible for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.