The "R U OK ?" Thread

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is someone in here trying to make me tip the edge. So we all have to be careful. I have reported it to admins.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There is someone in here trying to make me tip the edge. So we all have to be careful. I have reported it to admins.
I've had several people on this forum try to tip me over.

Don't worry about them mate.
Most people here are little insecure weak pricks who would work up a massive sweat carrying a 10kg box!

That's why they put you down.
They're only trying to cover up their own insecurities!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I sit in the alfresco when it rains or storms. Don't know why...
To get the smell of the 'real' fresh air. Everything seems clean when it rains.
I was in Fiji last week, for a week rained every day like a mini cyclone every one complained, I loved it.

There's something about the smell of rain hitting dry ground that'll make me drop what I'm doing and go outside for big lungfuls of air.

The smell is called petrichor and the theory of why people find it pleasing is that at some point in the past we relied on the smell to find water in dry places.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's something about the smell of rain hitting dry ground that'll make me drop what I'm doing and go outside for big lungfuls of air.

The smell is called petrichor and the theory of why people find it pleasing is that at some point in the past we relied on the smell to find water in dry places.
The best form of health is some of the basic natural stuff plus saves a lot of money too - water, fresh air walking and basic fresh produce easy to get from the markets.

What you say about rain hitting the ground is just sublime. It's so beautiful.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just a quick update. A recent CT is showing that I have fluid on the lung. This may be a side-effect of the Leukemia medication. It may also be an indication the Hodgkin's Lymphoma is returning. They are cutting the dosage as a precaution, in case it's the medication.

The are also signs of enlarged lymph nodes. This may be a residual thing, or another indication of the Hodgkin's Lymphoma returning.

Anyway, I go back to hospital next Thursday for a PET scan, for a more comprehensive diagnosis. Then return on April 9 for the results.

I've been somewhat depressed and on edge for weeks, but doing my best to distract myself.

Hopefully I get some good news, as I don't need any more problems.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a quick update. A recent CT is showing that I have fluid on the lung. This maybe a side-effect of the Leukemia medication. It may also be an indication the Hodgkin's Lymphoma is returning. They are cutting the dosage as a precaution, in case it's the medication.

The are also signs of enlarged lymph nodes. This may be a residual thing, or another indication of the Hodgkin's Lymphoma returning.

Anyway, I go back to hospital next Thursday for a PET scan, for a more comprehensive diagnosis. Then return on April 9 for the results.

I've been somewhat depressed and on edge for weeks, but doing my best to distract myself.

You are in my prayers brother, do your best to stay positive!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just a quick update. A recent CT is showing that I have fluid on the lung. This maybe a side-effect of the Leukemia medication. It may also be an indication the Hodgkin's Lymphoma is returning. They are cutting the dosage as a precaution, in case it's the medication.

They giving you lasix yet bro?

As always you are in my prayers, soldier.

PS I'm rejecting at the highest level but they are keeping me at home as long as they can before going back inside.

Never ends for us....

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They giving you lasix yet bro?

As always you are in my prayers, soldier.

PS I'm rejecting at the highest level but they are keeping me at home as long as they can before going back inside.

Never ends for us....
I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

I'm not on Lasix.

I really hope you get a break too. I know I'm sick of this. I was very close to being able to return to a normal life, but it's all on hold, and the stress is returning.

Oh well, hopefully we both get some relief sooner or later.

You have my thoughts and prayers.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a quick update. A recent CT is showing that I have fluid on the lung. This may be a side-effect of the Leukemia medication. It may also be an indication the Hodgkin's Lymphoma is returning. They are cutting the dosage as a precaution, in case it's the medication.

Always in my thoughts brother..and I’m sure everyone else’s..always hoping for the best of news for you. I’m far from a religious man, but, if there is some almighty power out there, i hope he, or she, looks after you because you’re due. You bring joy and fun to the Kennel with jokes and your brilliant memes. You are one of the special ones, and deserve better things because I know with the gift of good health you will make a change in the world. Heck bud you do it now Take care.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Always in my thoughts brother..and I’m sure everyone else’s..always hoping for the best of news for you. I’m far from a religious man, but, if there is some almighty power out there, i hope he, or she, looks after you because you’re due. You bring joy and fun to the Kennel with jokes and your brilliant memes. You are one of the special ones, and deserve better things because I know with the gift of good health you will make a change in the world. Heck bud you do it now Take care.
Well said 95. So true.
Love all your posts and the added interest in photos etc you bring to TK @Bulldog Wrestler. All the best for your next lot of tests. You make a difference around here.blue & white hearts.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks brother, I really appreciate it. Adding some hopefully fun and interesting content to the Kennel, is my way of giving back. Also a large part of my coping mechanism, as a distraction to my medical problems. I never know whether I've got a year left, or thirty years. I'm not up to be being out and about much, so my online "therapy" has been important to me. Including the encouragement of others and positive reactions.

If I ever seem unduly triggered or irritated, it's almost certainly either the medication, or an underlying frustration with my medical condition. So I apologise in advance.

Thanks again to everyone who has ever cared, or supported me throughout this ordeal. It's always appreciated, even if I forget to say.

Last edited: