Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitly not penalty try.

Possibly sin bin worthy.

Aubusson is a grub

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's kind of interesting that the refs are struggling so much with the quick tap. I remember Roberts made one in 08 (or maybe 09) and ran halfway up the field to score and it was allowed. If the refs could allow it then without any problems when there wasn't a focus on allowing it, can't see why they won't allow it now.
If you're referring to 09 against parra, I think it was different circumstances. A penalty from half way after a poor kick off where they took the tap instead. I think ennis was involved

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba wasn't gonna get anywhere near scoring, however "the Rooster with the whistle" should have sin binned Aubusson. But TBH there was alot of bad decisions in yesterdays game, it really drove me mad.

Yesterdays games only served to reaffirm my hatered to the Roosters and their club, their coach and captain and their antics...Anasta is the biggest whinning b1tch in the game, I think the ref was awarding all those calls so he wont hear another whine from the d1ckhead.
And the way they were milking the penalties, urrrggghh...

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
If you're referring to 09 against parra, I think it was different circumstances. A penalty from half way after a poor kick off where they took the tap instead. I think ennis was involved
Ahh ok yeah I think it might've been a tap after a penalty. Was exciting none the less! He caught the opposition way off guard.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
I was more upset when the Roosters knocked on attempting an intercept and the ref said it was the Roosters ball because it was going to be a forward pass.
He then penalised the dogs when Andrew Ryan asked him to justify how he knew the pass was going forward?

NRFARL is what they should rename the league to
National
Rigged
For
Action
Rugby
League
That was one of most pathetic call i have ever seen.
Refs tried very hard to give the Rooters that game

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Penalty Try.
10 in the bin.
Grade 5 contrary conduct.

Since when did this place become a house of reason ???

:mmph:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Nah, no way.

He could have maybe reached the ball to tap it back, but I'd say there was only a 3% chance that he would have scored if not hindered. Has to be pretty much 100% for it to be a penalty try.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Penalty try: no, barba had no chance getting the ball

Sin Bin: yes, whoever that rooster player was he intentionally tackled barba without the ball... clear professional foul.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should have been in the bin, but not penalty try.

As for the refs, they were terrible. There was also another pass called forward late in the game that was not at all forward. I think it was Bryson Goodwin receiving it. They did everything they could to allow the Roosters to win.

The standard of refereeing is terrible. On Friday night the Eels were robbed two tries early in the game because of terrible refereeing. Unfortunately I can't see the standard of refereeing rising as you have too many bogan supporters watching junior footy games where the refs are verbally and physically abused to a point where they are in fear and so they stop refereeing.

C

chipandchase

Nah, no way.

He could have maybe reached the ball to tap it back, but I'd say there was only a 3% chance that he would have scored if not hindered. Has to be pretty much 100% for it to be a penalty try.
spot on slip.
he gifted us 2 points, which i may add we should have not taken. I hate when Ryan takes those shots, we had them on the ropes again and we let them off

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
spot on slip.
he gifted us 2 points, which i may add we should have not taken. I hate when Ryan takes those shots, we had them on the ropes again and we let them off
Ah yes! That should be the second question.

Take the two or go for six?

I was a little shocked by the decision to kick for 2 at that stage.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As for the refs, they were terrible. There was also another pass called forward late in the game that was not at all forward. I think it was Bryson Goodwin receiving it. They did everything they could to allow the Roosters to win.
Hodkinson's pass, right?! PLEASE tell me how they got the decision on it would have/went forward!

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodkinson's pass, right?! PLEASE tell me how they got the decision on it would have/went forward!
Considering the ball would have probably only gone 10cm or so before it hit the Roosters player aswell.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it was Lafai's pass to Goodwin they claimed went forward
That one? That was flat at worst, too!

Honestly, I don't know why I'm this pissed off but it's just very, very frustrating that not one call went our way.

Considering the ball would have probably only gone 10cm or so before it hit the Roosters player aswell.
And the fact he had to stretch out to knock the ball on, too.....

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't read through the whole thread, but I don't think we were robbed. Barba was highly unlikely to score the try and only a little more likely to make a touch which would have possibly created another try scoring chance.

That said, it was still possible he could have done both, so the penalty was the right call, although Aubusson should have been given 10 minutes on the sidelines for a professional foul.

I'd be f*cking gutted if I were a latte sipper and the referee gave a penalty try for that. I don't think there was a clear enough try scoring opportunity, but there was clear attempt to prevent a player from creating one.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I don't think there was a clear enough try scoring opportunity, but there was clear attempt to prevent a player from creating one.
That pretty much sums it up.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the prichard drop ball that was a strip :p lol. Only positive from that was perrat going down next tackle. Felt like karma for sure :p

Status
Not open for further replies.