The Penalty Try

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Sin Bin for sure ... probably wouldn't have been a try but he could ahve tapped it back for a try HENCE the sin binning

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It astonishes me when a team as dirty as the Roosters win the penalty count. Poor Idris will need Rogain soon, especially if he comes up against the Roosters every week. Are the bulldogs really that much of a dirty team to lose the penalty count each week? Have we been on the right side of the count this year? I guess most people will argue that losing the penalty count is the right side for the dogs :p

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok I just looked up the stats. Sunday was the first time this year we lost the penalty count :p lol
Round 1 was 6-6 and round 2 it was 5-6 or something. Forgot already. So it must just be an illusion that the refs are against us then

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Posting for the moneyz, Barba would have never got that ball the right call was made

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very frustrating to watch but the correct decision by the ref to say it wasn't a penalty try however he should have binned Mitch Aubusson.

How about when the sideline official did not take Dene Halatau's interchange card when he was trying to sub on for Stagg?
He was there for a good 30secs. He could have easily made his way across. That 1 extra defender could have saved that try ffs

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was there for a good 30secs. He could have easily made his way across. That 1 extra defender could have saved that try ffs
I was wondering why they wouldnt let him run out!!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why they wouldnt let him run out!!
there was no reason! I think the touchy just didnt realise that Stagg was already off.

And another thing. He was badly injured, the ref shouldve called time off, no?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The abuse directed at Halatau from our fans when it was not his fault was disgusting.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
there was no reason! I think the touchy just didnt realise that Stagg was already off.

And another thing. He was badly injured, the ref shouldve called time off, no?
the ref will call time off only if the injured is at danger if play continues. As he was behind play, it was deemed safe to play on, although play was only 10 metres away. One bad pass behind and Stagg could have been worse for wears.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the ref will call time off only if the injured is at danger if play continues. As he was behind play, it was deemed safe to play on, although play was only 10 metres away. One bad pass behind and Stagg could have been worse for wears.
yeh but in some cases if the player hasnt moved the ref calls time off. I guess its up to their discretion...

Status
Not open for further replies.