Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Damn as a Man Utd fan I certainly don't want to see Keita wearing the Liverpool jeresy, I rate him highly and even seen him play in person. The kid has the potential to be a legit star in the premier league.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Damn as a Man Utd fan I certainly don't want to see Keita wearing the Liverpool jeresy, I rate him highly and even seen him play in person. The kid has the potential to be a legit star in the premier league.
I'm going to be so erect if we pull it off, then i'll likely pull myself off haha.

Hardly seen him play other than a few random games i watched on beIN and youtube haha. My mate lives in europe though and he says the germans rate him massively and will be filthy if he leaves depsite them hating rb Leipzig lol.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to be so erect if we pull it off, then i'll likely pull myself off haha.

Hardly seen him play other than a few random games i watched on beIN and youtube haha. My mate lives in europe though and he says the germans rate him massively and will be filthy if he leaves depsite them hating rb Leipzig lol.
Yeah he is a really good player, he could fit into any formation really but a 4-3-3 would bring out the best in him, he is like Kante but way better technically.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah he is a really good player, he could fit into any formation really but a 4-3-3 would bring out the best in him, he is like Kante but way better technically.
Yh i heard the Kante comparison. I'm just trying to workout where we're going to play all our midfielders haha.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh i heard the Kante comparison. I'm just trying to workout where we're going to play all our midfielders haha.
Yeah im expecting a lot of rotating in your midfield this season.

The interesting thing for me though would be who your front 3 would be (assuming that the formation is 4-3-3). With Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, Origi all fighting for a starting position its going to be interesting to see how Klopp handles it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah im expecting a lot of rotating in your midfield this season.

The interesting thing for me though would be who your front 3 would be (assuming that the formation is 4-3-3). With Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, Origi all fighting for a starting position its going to be interesting to see how Klopp handles it.
Firmino at 9 with Salah and Mane starting on either side of him. Hopefully Coutinho plays more in midfield this season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Firmino at 9 with Salah and Mane starting on either side of him. Hopefully Coutinho plays more in midfield this season.
Klopp has already said that Coutinho will play midfield this year so we can utilize his passing. Honestly I think it's time to sell Henderson if we get Keita.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klopp has already said that Coutinho will play midfield this year so we can utilize his passing. Honestly I think it's time to sell Henderson if we get Keita.
Henderson plays the holding role better than any other player in our squad though.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Coutinho plays midfield then one of Lallana or Wijnaldum has to go.

Also you guys really need to sign a top quality centre back, no more average defenders, a proper class defender that can lead your backline, also a left back because Milner can only get up his form for so long.

GK: Mignolet
LB:
CB: Matip
CB:
RB: Clyne
CM: Keita
CM: Can
CAM: Coutinho
LW: Salah
RW: Mane
ST: Firmino

Fill in the gaps and you have a team that can potentially challenge for the PL.

Also I know that a lot of people are expecting Keita to fill that defensive midfield role but I see him as more of a #8, a box to box midfielder so I think it would help the team to have a proper defensive midfielder that is happy to just play the ball winning midfielder role and im not sure if Can can play that role and if not then signing a player like Matic would be perfect next to Keita because that would also let him burst forward at times which he likes doing and also having a Keita-Matic pair would mean you can play someone like Coutinho in the midfield and tell him not to worry about tracking back.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Klopp runs with the diamond formation. If he does, and we can nab Keita, I think it'll be something like this:

LB: Milner
CB: Lovren
CM: Wijnaldum
CDM: Keita
CM: Coutinho
CAM: Firmino
RS: Salah
LS: Mane

I'd like to see it like that. Having Firmino rotating with Lallana and Gini/Keita rotating with Can.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Coutinho plays midfield then one of Lallana or Wijnaldum has to go.

Also you guys really need to sign a top quality centre back, no more average defenders, a proper class defender that can lead your backline, also a left back because Milner can only get up his form for so long.

LB:
CB:
CM: Can
CAM: Coutinho

Fill in the gaps and you have a team that can potentially challenge for the PL.

Also I know that a lot of people are expecting Keita to fill that defensive midfield role but I see him as more of a #8, a box to box midfielder so I think it would help the team to have a proper defensive midfielder that is happy to just play the ball winning midfielder role and im not sure if Can can play that role and if not then signing a player like Matic would be perfect next to Keita because that would also let him burst forward at times which he likes doing and also having a Keita-Matic pair would mean you can play someone like Coutinho in the midfield and tell him not to worry about tracking back.
VVD will still come, i hope.... haha. Apparently Robertson's a done deal but idk shit about him.

I think we will look like this..

CB: VVD
CDM: Henderson

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Henderson plays the holding role better than any other player in our squad though.
Too injury prone and if we get Keita he would be in that position.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
VVD will still come, i hope.... haha. Apparently Robertson's a done deal but idk shit about him.

I think we will look like this..

CB: VVD
CDM: Henderson
Another season of Milner at LB is a fail, Robertson is a better Lb than Milner. Keita, Coutinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Can and Milner are more than enough in midfield. Firmino, Mane, Salah, Sturridge, Origi and Woodburn are enough up front.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He plays the "holding us back " role even better.

We need need better players than Henderson is we want to challenge for the title.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In Klopp's system there is no holding midfielder that stays back.
Umm pretty sure Henderson played that role until he got injured. He sat further back than any of our other midfielders and spent mlre time playing out just infront of the defence.

Obviously it's not an out and out tradional holding midfielder role as our systems need/allow more from him than just that. We conceded less goals with Henderson in that role than without him.

When fit, Henderson will play the same role more often than not with 2 midfielders playing a more advanced role. Klopp loves him there.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Henderson attacked a lot also as his goal against Chelsea shows. Klopp likes to have box to box midfielders not traditional DM's. When Hendo wasn't in the team Can played it and he was attacking heaps.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even if Klopp doesn't always like traditional DM's he will need one if he intends to play Coutinho in midfield because lets be honest he won't track back much and you can't just have Keita who is more of an box to box mid then defensive midfielder. At Dortmund, Klopp liked to play a box to box midfielder (Gundogan) next to a proper defensive midfielder (Bender).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Henderson attacked a lot also as his goal against Chelsea shows. Klopp likes to have box to box midfielders not traditional DM's. When Hendo wasn't in the team Can played it and he was attacking heaps.
Can couldn't replicate the way Henderson played there though.