The I’m sorry Jeremy Marshall King thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's because he's putting other blokes into holes.. why have a little man making a charge when you can have a big boy, or a speedster? Reed's service and pass selection is far superior to JMK's. Sure, it may have appeared that way, but keep in mind our players were getting dominated by Manly.. not much Reed could have done there. JMK is getting better but Reed is still the better player. You put either of these guys in a good team, or a bottom team, and Reed will always come out on top.
Reed is better as of this moment....but after working with Benny for a while, JMK will soon surpass him. We should have just kept JMK and focused on other key spine positions.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair if you put JMK into our team on Saturday he wouldn't have done much either.

Just goes to show that we are a very poorly coached team
I'm pretty confident in saying that the coaching staff didn't coach the players into kicking out on the full, or throwing dumb shit passes that were never on, or the other stupid stuff they got themselves into. None of which was helped by a lop sided penalty count that the coach can do nothing about.

Always a Bulldog

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reed is better as of this moment....but after working with Benny for a while, JMK will soon surpass him. We should have just kept JMK and focused on other key spine positions.
Couldn’t agree more, always said JMK had potential to be a very good 9, and after 1 game in his new team he played amazing, can make the 9 his own at his new club and then it will be another we lost that turned into a champ.. like Meaney under Bellamy!! It’s all about the coach to get full potential out of tue players the sign. An both Bs have done so.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more, always said JMK had potential to be a very good 9, and after 1 game in his new team he played amazing, can make the 9 his own at his new club and then it will be another we lost that turned into a champ.. like Meaney under Bellamy!! It’s all about the coach to get full potential out of tue players the sign. An both Bs have done so.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep in mind that JMK's service was always an issue for us. If we kept JMK it would be the same story, but at least with Reed we know we have a good hooker and that's not something we have to worry about any longer.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident in saying that the coaching staff didn't coach the players into kicking out on the full, or throwing dumb shit passes that were never on, or the other stupid stuff they got themselves into. None of which was helped by a lop sided penalty count that the coach can do nothing about.

Always a Bulldog
Probably should've phrased that better, but poorly coached was referencing the past few years when you see our ex players performing much better once they leave our club.

It's round 1 so there shouldn't be alarm bells just yet but our team really needs to show us something

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Keep in mind that JMK's service was always an issue for us. If we kept JMK it would be the same story, but at least with Reed we know we have a good hooker and that's not something we have to worry about any longer.
Keep in mind that JMK is pretty new to the position, though. And he hasn't been helped by his coaches much in recent years. I reckon Benny will help him improve his service big time and he's lethal around the ruck. Reed isn't going to dominate behind a beaten pack any more than JMK. I just don't see why we paid big money for him when we had the building blocks of a good hooker at the club already and have so many other much more glaring holes in our roster.

I admire his effort on the weekend, but I just don't get the hype, fam.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably should've phrased that better, but poorly coached was referencing the past few years when you see our ex players performing much better once they leave our club.

It's round 1 so there shouldn't be alarm bells just yet but our team really needs to show us something
For every 1 player that "might" be performing slightly better there are 10 players who haven't got an NRL gig at all.

Always a Bulldog

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your example JMK needs Benny to get better…at anywhere else unclear the Dogs he doesn’t have Benny to work with.
Besides that, you are a trolling moron, in no world is JMK a worthwhile option if Reed was available!!

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep in mind that JMK is pretty new to the position, though. And he hasn't been helped by his coaches much in recent years. I reckon Benny will help him improve his service big time and he's lethal around the ruck. Reed isn't going to dominate behind a beaten pack any more than JMK. I just don't see why we paid big money for him when we had the building blocks of a good hooker at the club already and have so many other much more glaring holes in our roster.

So you're basically saying we did not have an actual top line hooker. Reed is a top line hooker, and if anything we got him for a very good price. JMK may have improved his service this year if he had stayed, but he may not have. The fact is, it was an issue. There are no real issues with Reed.. you can only point out a lack of line breaks, but he generates plenty of assisted line breaks and sets up tries. If there was an issue with our game plan, that's on the coaching staff.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

He is lethal around the ruck as seen on the weekend, amount of times he ran it an caught the opposition out!! But haters will hate bro. No one has to agree with you about JMK but I do an it’s well known I didn’t want him to go. But hey good luck to him, I can dolphin watch and he can entertain me in the red an white :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
In your example JMK needs Benny to get better…at anywhere else unclear the Dogs he doesn’t have Benny to work with.
Besides that, you are a trolling moron, in no world is JMK a worthwhile option if Reed was available!!
No, he already showed drastic signs of improvement last year....but of course he will need a top coach to dominate....just like Reed would. Reed offers good service, a kicking game, solid defence and not much else. Give me JMK's explosiveness around the ruck any day....especially as he comes so much cheaper. Dud buy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So you're basically saying we did not have an actual top line hooker. Reed is a top line hooker, and if anything we got him for a very good price. JMK may have improved his service this year if he had stayed, but he may not have. The fact is, it was an issue. There are no real issues with Reed.. you can only point out a lack of line breaks, but he generates plenty of assisted line breaks and sets up tries. If there was an issue with our game plan, that's on the coaching staff.
Not behind a beaten forward pack he doesn't. he produced one try from a grubber on the weekend. JMK tore teams up around the ruck behind a beaten forward pack multiple times last year. We have to shop smarter.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is lethal around the ruck as seen on the weekend, amount of times he ran it an caught the opposition out!! But haters will hate bro. No one has to agree with you about JMK but I do an it’s well known I didn’t want him to go. But hey good luck to him, I can dolphin watch and he can entertain me in the red an white :grinning:
He will carve plenty of teams up this year, fam. And I bet he will outplay Mahoney when we play the dolphs.... but apparently you can't express such opinions on here without being called a "trolling moron" and a "clown" lol

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not behind a beaten forward pack he doesn't. he produced one try from a grubber on the weekend. JMK tore teams up around the ruck behind a beaten forward pack multiple times last year. We have to shop smarter.
mate it was one of the worst Dogs performances in the last 6 years. JMK helped us beat some bottom teams, wow. You yourself said JMK needs work. Anyway I'm not going to bother, I know you're just trying to stir the pot but this beyond stupid at this point.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reed helped us lose to a bottom team.

Seriously, the dude lacks creativity.
Manly could finish anywhere this season, they are looking good.

you're a dead set clown, honestly.. is your life so boring that you get off on trolling on a football forum?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will carve plenty of teams up this year, fam. And I bet he will outplay Mahoney when we play the dolphs.... but apparently you can't express such opinions on here without being called a "trolling moron" and a "clown" lol
Or a .. #death rider , apparently what I am when expressing my frustration and disappointment lol.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK is the most improved player in the league over the past couple of years. He’s in my top 5 hookers in the game - a goal he set for himself that most scoffed at.