The I’m sorry Jeremy Marshall King thread

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed is an outstanding acquisition but I would’ve happily stuck with JMK in the event that we’d targeted a premium halfback instead of a hooker upgrade.

Nonetheless it’s to see him thriving with the Dolphins and building on his form from last year which earned him the Peponis Medal.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If Reed Mahoney didn’t play last Saturday we lose by 40 minimum
He saved 2 tries alone covering the back
We need spine players who will help us win, not to lose by less. Yes, the effort was there, but we telegraphed our attack by going to the left all day and Reed was the biggest factor in that (apart from maybe Ciraldo). Overrated performance by him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh right, so what percentage of games did JMK win for us?
A higher percentage than 0....won us (or played a major role in) a number of our wins in the back end of last year. That's why he won the Peponis medal. At least he would have challenged around the ruck on Saturday, rather than just telegraphing our attack to the left all day.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A higher percentage than 0....won us (or played a major role in) a number of our wins in the back end of last year. That's why he won the Peponis medal. At least he would have challenged around the ruck on Saturday, rather than just telegraphing our attack to the left all day.
JMK helped us beat some bottom teams. Big deal.. Reed was playing his role beating top teams and getting to the grand final.

If you honestly believe JMK would have done better than Reed in our game on Saturday you're just further emphasising how much of a clown you truly are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JMK helped us beat some bottom teams. Big deal.. Reed was playing his role beating top teams and getting to the grand final.

If you honestly believe JMK would have done better than Reed in our game on Saturday you're just further emphasising how much of a clown you truly are.
He absolutely would have....would have tested Manly around the ruck and actually provided a point of difference in attack rather than just shelling it to the left all day.

Parra don't look like they've missed a beat since Reed left, tbh. And I'll bet you Reed wouldn't have led the Dolphins to victory on Sunday either. He tries, but he is too one dimensional.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK is not in the same class as Reed although he’s coming into his own and developed into a good running 9. End of story.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He absolutely would have....would have tested Manly around the ruck and actually provided a point of difference in attack rather than just shelling it to the left all day.

Parra don't look like they've missed a beat since Reed left, tbh. And I'll bet you Reed wouldn't have led the Dolphins to victory on Sunday either. He tries, but he is too one dimensional.

Lol mate Manly were all over us, JMK wouldn't have done jack shit.

Well they lost to a (understrengthed) team they've had the wood over, so there is that, and keep in mind Hodgson has almost won a Dally M so it's not like Parra replaced Mahoney with some dud. Reed is not one dimensional, he obviously was playing to the coaches plan. He has proven he can play both sides of the ruck, has the best service in the comp, can make breaks and actually has a kicking game. There's a reason Reed has been in the Maroons squad and is always in that conversation.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol mate Manly were all over us, JMK wouldn't have done jack shit.

Well they lost to a (understrengthed) team they've had the wood over, so there is that, and keep in mind Hodgson has almost won a Dally M so it's not like Parra replaced Mahoney with some dud. Reed is not one dimensional, he obviously was playing to the coaches plan. He has proven he can play both sides of the ruck, has the best service in the comp, can make breaks and actually has a kicking game. There's a reason Reed has been in the Maroons squad and is always in that conversation.
Lol hen did Reed ever make a line break? proof or it didn't happen.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol hen did Reed ever make a line break? proof or it didn't happen.

Sure, he might not make a heap of them, but he can make them, but generally he is making line break assists, which are just as valuable. I know you're just trying to stir the pot but honestly it's just childish shit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Sure, he might not make a heap of them, but he can make them, but generally he is making line break assists, which are just as valuable. I know you're just trying to stir the pot but honestly it's just childish shit.
2 line breaks all year. I rest my case.

Most of that highlights package was just Reed shelling the ball to big, powerful forwards for barge over tries. Bad news for us, as we don't have any big powerful forwards lulz

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2 line breaks all year. I rest my case.

Most of that highlights package was just Reed shelling the ball to big, powerful forwards for barge over tries. Bad news for us, as we don't have any big powerful forwards lulz
what case? you were trying to claim he can't make them. Making the odd line break means jack sh*t if your service and pass selections struggle, not to mention JMK does not possess a kicking game. It's not just about having the biggest most powerful forwards if you're put through a decent gap or are one on one with a small man; I'm sure Reed will form good combinations with the guys we do have.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
what case? you were trying to claim he can't make them. Making the odd line break means jack sh*t if your service and pass selections struggle, not to mention JMK does not possess a kicking game. It's not just about having the biggest most powerful forwards if you're put through a decent gap or are one on one with a small man; I'm sure Reed will form good combinations with the guys we do have.
Hyperbole. He can make them, but very rarely does....and he certainly won't do so without extreme ruck dominance....JMK was ripping teams up even when our forwards were getting dominated last year. Also, his options and pass selection last round were better than Reed's.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair if you put JMK into our team on Saturday he wouldn't have done much either.

Just goes to show that we are a very poorly coached team

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hyperbole. He can make them, but very rarely does....and he certainly won't do so without extreme ruck dominance....JMK was ripping teams up even when our forwards were getting dominated last year. Also, his options and pass selection last round were better than Reed's.
That's because he's putting other blokes into holes.. why have a little man making a charge when you can have a big boy, or a speedster? Reed's service and pass selection is far superior to JMK's. Sure, it may have appeared that way, but keep in mind our players were getting dominated by Manly.. not much Reed could have done there. JMK is getting better but Reed is still the better player. You put either of these guys in a good team, or a bottom team, and Reed will always come out on top.