Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i´m lost for words tbh...dont know much more bs has to happen before something is done to fix this sh1t

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned on here a year or so back that it was time for Arsenal to look for a new manager and was roundly talked down for doing so. It's been too long between drinks at Arsenal and the time has come to let the manager go and move forward.

It's looking like another trophy free year for the Gunners and more so Europa League at best. They won't get within a bulls roar of the CL spots.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I mentioned on here a year or so back that it was time for Arsenal to look for a new manager and was roundly talked down for doing so. It's been too long between drinks at Arsenal and the time has come to let the manager go and move forward.

It's looking like another trophy free year for the Gunners and more so Europa League at best. They won't get within a bulls roar of the CL spots.
nor do we deserve it

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nor do we deserve it
I would like to see Arsenal buy a decent keeper and invest a new manager over the summer. It would be a great shame to see Wegner finish his career at the club with a team capable of mid table finishes.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I would like to see Arsenal buy a decent keeper and invest a new manager over the summer. It would be a great shame to see Wegner finish his career at the club with a team capable of mid table finishes.
can throw in a couple of decent CBs aswell...defence is still a big problem and another striker to partner RVP

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ideally I think we need the following:

A player who can cover the FB positions (both) Gibbs & Santos LB's / Sagna & Jenkinson RB's are good depth but long term injuries have crippled us.

Vermaelen & Kosh would make a world class CB combo with Mertesacker providing cover.

A CM. I am not sold on Ramsay and Wilshere is still learning at the top level. We need cover none the less.

I am convinced our future lies with Oxlade Chamberlain. Arsharvin can go, and Walcott can also walk if we are to be held to ransom. Gervinho does create space, but he final pass needs to improve.

RVP needs a decent understudy, but given that I don't believe he will be with us much longer, we need another top stiker.

I am starting to have my doubts on Szesny, but benefit of the doubt given the debacle we had at the back this campaign.

Yep, I fear we are in deep need of an overhaul.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I think you guys should stick by Walcott... the guy has talent but he is playing with no confidence...

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wasnt going to post this but thought whats to lose. My wife came home from work this afternoon to see me still in a state of depression (so to speak) she told me to start a blog and get it out, so here it is -

http://49arsenal.wordpress.com/

PS its my first ever blgo entry so please Be Kind!!! LOL, I have done previews on betting sites and stuff but this was a bit different trying not to be biased and also not bashing the **** out of my club

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As for who would you/i like as next manager... thats a tough one. Now that i have settled down i still think Wenger has a lot to offer, he hurts just as much as us supporters after a loss, there is definately problems between him - the board - money - transfers and the next manager will have the same.

I particuarly like Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp, same philosophy and style would fit Arsenal well, hopefully he'd bring a certain madifielder with him!!!! His also reminds me of Hasler, lol

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
im a man u fan - i just read on twitter rvp put in a transfer request ( not sure how true but thats massive news if it is )

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen nothing atm and im pretty sure I would have given the amount of Arsenal tweets I follow. Wouldn't surprise me but would definitely be devastating if true.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah don't think so. Like Darbas follow many arsenal tweets, and news like this is huge and would be googled easily.

Not doubting Chris, but most likely an unsubtatiated claim.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I saw the tweet as well. was the only mention of it anywhere. shenanigans

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is sad to see this club imploding from within. The only victims in the end are the fans and at this point their cries are falling to deaf ears. If nothing has been done by now then I honestly don't know what it will take for some action to be made.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting article regarding RVP's reaction to the Chamberlain substitution.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...sie-reads-riot-act-Arsenal-dressing-room.html

If you can't be bothered reading it, it was just along the lines of him supporting Wenger's decision and just a little frustration during the actual sub. Apparently Ox had a 'calf injury' (what's with the calf injuries btw? Most our injuries are calves) which is why he was subbed off. Also says he is committed to the club and wants fans and the media to know it.

Most important information from the article though is that Sagna and Gibbs are expected to return to full training this week. Doubt they'll both feature in our FA Cup game against Aston Villa though, so may have to make do with our make-shift fullbacks for one more game. That along with the fact that Arteta and Henry should be fit again will be a big boost for our team going into a crucial period if were going to make up ground on the top four (still haven't given up hope).

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Important month or so coming up with most of our competitors for the champions league spot versing each other.

We have Bolton away while:
Swansea v Chelsea
Tottenham v Wigan
Wolves v Liverpool

Then we host Blackburn while:
Chelsea v Man U
Liverpool v Tottenham

Week after we verse Sunderland away while:
Man U v Liverpool
Everton v Chelsea
Tottenham v Newcastle

Desperately need to make some ground by winning those three games leading into our first leg at the San Siro. After the first leg we have FA Cup fifth round (if we advance), Tottenham (H), Liverpool (A) and then the home leg against AC Milan.

Could turn our season right around with a good two months.