Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im truly to guttered to make any real comments on that game, but ill try.

Im sorry to say but I believe Wenger cost us that game and i think it will have cost him the faith some players had in him too, I dont think i have ever seen an Arsenal player (RVP) react to a sub like that, let alone the supporters. Money in the kitty doesnt buy you goals, create assists, make match winning tackles. Ox, Kos, and Rosicky were the best for us. I would hate to be Wenger in that dressing room, it would be awfully cold.

Top 4 gone, every time we get chances to make up ground on Chelsea and Spurs we just let it slip

truly guttered

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only positive is we didn't really lose ground on the teams above us with the loss.

Absolutely devastated with the result and moreso with Wenger. Worst managerial decision I've ever witnessed. Single handedley threw away the game with that sub.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We had them, we were buzzing, the crowd was buzzing and then that little **** came on.... fuming!!!!!!

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
is this a sign that Wenger is losing it? i dont know my head is just spinning right now

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
what was it Cesc said after leaving? "I tried everything for this team to move forward, but nobody showed my desire." --- I can imagine RvP saying the same thing to himself tonight when he lays down in bed.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
wenger really???....sick of seeing our team slowly rot away....surely something has to be done

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
took the Ox off, who was really taking the game to Utd, creating a lot of chances, his confidence soaring, Arsenal supporters getting right behind the team, i really feel we had them on the ropes for the taking.... subs off Ox for Arshavin, RVP clearly not happy with change. Arshavin as usual, losing possesion, poor passing and poor defending which led to Uniteds 2nd and match winning goal.

I honestly believe that was the straw to break the camels back, RVP will leave this summer

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
took the Ox off, who was really taking the game to Utd, creating a lot of chances, his confidence soaring, Arsenal supporters getting right behind the team, i really feel we had them on the ropes for the taking.... subs off Ox for Arshavin, RVP clearly not happy with change. Arshavin as usual, losing possesion, poor passing and poor defending which led to Uniteds 2nd and match winning goal.

I honestly believe that was the straw to break the camels back, RVP will leave this summer
Are you sure this is Arsene Wenger managing, not Rafa Benitez disguising himself as Arsene Wenger?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly what happened. I have never seen a player show his public astonishment to a sub. RVP was ropeable, because Ox was causing havoc on the left and had already drawn a yellow card from Rafael. He couldn't handle him, and it was Ox who put RVP into scoring chances.

I can imagine SAF's relief when he saw the sub being made.

I have never seen a more inept coaching / managerial decision. Momentum immediately shifted back to Man U, and Arsharvin was lead footed. I wanted Arsharvin to get his chance a few weeks ago. He did. He failed. Enough of him and Djourou.

Enough of Wenger. And enough of the positives we can take from other teams losing.

The likes of Totenham, Chelsea, Liverpool & Newcastle can take the positive from us losing. We really missed a major chance and these clubs benefited big time.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
You don’t know what you’re doing
Arsenal 1 Man Utd 2

ARSENE WENGER was blasted by his own fans — and even skipper Robin van Persie — as chants of 'You don't know what you're doing' echoed around the Emirates.
Supporters lost patience with Arsenal's boss after his substitution of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Andrey Arshavin just minutes before Danny Welbeck's United winner.

TV showed Van Persie mouthing 'Oh no' to the manager's decision.

But Wenger hit back: "Alex had started to fatigue and stretch his calf.

He was sick during the week. You have an 18-year-old kid making his first Premier League start and a player who's captain of his country and they are querying the substitution? Let's be serious.

"I've been a manager for 30 years and have made 50,000 subs. I do not have to justify every decision I make. I stand up for it.

"I can understand the fans are upset about a substitution, especially when it doesn't work. That means first I made the right decision at the start of the game.

"People pay for their tickets and are free to express their emotions.

"We cannot dictate behaviour to people. But that doesn't mean they're always right."

Arsenal are now five points behind fourth-placed Chelsea and their Champions League hopes are fading away.

Wenger added: "I am really disappointed because we had a difficult first half. We were nervous technically and not at the level we want.

"We came back with a fantastic fighting spirit in the second half.

"We had the chances to win the game quite comfortably but United are a bit more mature in every position than we are."

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still havent come to grips with it!!! I really can not find anyway to support Wenger in this case, rumours of cramps and fatigue by i dont buy it! Ox to me looked a little dis heartened to coming off.

What really irks me is what the heel does Wenger see in Arshavin at the moment??? He has to be offloaded and Djourou and Squillaci have to go!! We cant get rid of Chamkah, because he is all we really have if RVP leaves or gets injured at the moment. Instead of being reactive last summer, a pro active approach would see us in far better situation. We are in big trouble, wether we make the 4 or not! We obviously didnt chase to hard after Mata, M'Villa or Martin would be a massive boost to this midfield, but that wont ever happen, let alone talk about Reus, Goetze, Hazard, Podolski etc, those days are long gone, RVP will be the last superstar we have at our club! and i really wish him the best. Imagine the poor bastard staying on at Arsenal to finish his career and all he has to show for it is an FA Cup from when he was 22 or something!! A player like him deserves more.

We bought Campbell... off for a loan, Miyachi hasnt played, Park has had a sprinkle of game time.

Faith can be blind sometime Arsene!!!!

Vertonghen made his intentions clear last summer he wanted to come to Emirates..... deaf ears.... defence could have been Sagna/Kos/Jenkinson - Kos/Mert - Verm/Vertong - Vertong/Gibbs/Santos, why do i even bother doing this to myself

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and surely Wenger knew about AFC, Gerv and Chamk ****ing lucky Cameroon didnt qualify Song would be gone as well!!!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Wenger: I don’t have to justify what I do

ARSENE WENGER hit back after his own fans turned on him in unprecedented scenes at The Emirates.
Never before has the Arsenal manager been so roundly booed by the Arsenal terraces.

Never before has a substitution that he made proved so unpopular.

It was, however, a substitution that proved so wrong.

Taking off flying young winner Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after 73 minutes was the last straw for the fans who have shown remarkable patience with their manager during six years without a trophy.

Wenger's decision came just THREE MINUTES after the outstanding Oxlade-Chamberlain, 18, set up Robin van Persie to cancel out Antonio Valencia's first-half goal.

But Wenger snapped: "We lost the game just now and I do not have to explain to you what I do.

"I have to stand up to the result and the subs. I've been 30 years a manager and made 50,000 subs and I have to justify every decision I make to you? I stand up for it."

Nine minutes after 'The Ox' was replaced by Andrey Arshavin — with emotions running high — the boos got even louder.

Arshavin, hardly the most popular player with the fans, hopelessly bought Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia's dummy as he set up Danny Welbeck's winner.

Wenger was clearly struggling to keep a lid on his emotions. Particularly when asked about Van Persie's reaction to the substitution.

The Dutch striker looked horrified and was clearly seen shouting 'oh no' as the change was made.

But Wenger snapped: "I didn't see it. I do not want to come out and have a reaction."

The Frenchman was then pushed on whether his decision cost Arsenal the game — as most Gunners fans felt.

He replied: "Why? If you expect me to blame an individual player, it will not happen.

"We win and lose together. You want me to blame one player? I will not. If I made a mistake, I'm sorry.

"I'm like a player. It could have happened as well if Alex had stayed on. That's part of United being dangerous on the flanks."

But what of the fans' angry chants for Wenger to spend some money?

Daily Mail have revealed last week that despite being forced to field a makeshift defence in the absence of his four injured full-backs, the Arsenal chief would not sign cover.

Arsenal have lost three on the bounce at Fulham, Swansea last week and at home to United yesterday with their defensive problems clear for all to see. Wenger added: "Spending the money is not the target. It never has been in life. We need players back."

Before the game Wenger insisted failing to qualify for the Champions League would be a 'disaster'.

After the morale-sapping defeat, he said: "It leaves us in a very difficult position. We couldn't afford to lose."

United manager Alex Ferguson admitted it was their plan to target Arsenal's makeshift full-backs.

He said: "That's been their problem for a few weeks — that is a disappointment for them without natural full-backs like Sagna and Gibbs.

"They are playing centre-backs out there so it is difficult for them."

Visitors United wasted numerous chances and allowed Arsenal back in the game in the second half.

Fergie added: "It was an amazing amount of opportunities we had.

"It's always difficult coming here, Arsenal are a top side. To create that amount of chances and only score two, we're a bit disappointed."

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You don’t know what you’re doing
Arsenal 1 Man Utd 2

"We had the chances to win the game quite comfortably but United are a bit more mature in every position than we are."
Ahem... last I checked RVP has more experience than Wellbeck. Walcott, Song, Vermaelen, etc etc are all experienced enough. We didn't have babies out there Arsene. If they aren't mature yet who's fault is that?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we are waiting for players to come back from short term injury, then I could understand Arsenes logic not to buy anyone and to wait it out. But all our injuries have been long term, particularly Sagna & Gibbs so he does not make sense.

He is now the mad professor. Too proud to admit his system is wrong.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excactly Abdul, its just bull**** excuses, he has run out of them as far as im concerned. I really cant take much more, change is needed, whether thats by bringing new players in and cleaning out deadwood, new coaching staff or a new manager i dont care i want to see this club make a positive statement off the pitch

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
If you guys do sack the Arsene Whinger, who do you want to replace him as manager?

Surely it would be Didier Deschamps?

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the board first then wenger both have had there times at arsenal and now its failing and its time for someone good who can turn our team around and im sick and tire of this bs on not signing players its learly evident we dont have back ups in defence or up front we cant rely on one player soccer isnt a one man game its a team sport so wenger go buy some friggin players who have quality or piss off and go to some other team we dont want you hear at arsenal no more