The Cull: Who's getting the flick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Eastwood was re-signed last year, he doesn't need to be re-signed for next year
U missed the point , if another club comes in and wants to sign him for 18 , 19 they will be happy to release him from his contract

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh i keep thinking how keen the knights were on tolman and then they missed him and went for Scott and then pulled out when he fucksd his knee. Surely now if we went to tolman and said mate your times up and the knights will be all over him with a pay increase. Ditto for Eastwood. It will give us a mil to play with which with the cap increase gives us what 2.5? Lichaa goes and maybe Hoppa. That's 3mil+ Foran and woods might take up 1.3 under the cap (600k for woods and 700k for foran. Both would have 150-200k tpa)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Plus then we have a pack of woods Graham, Jacko, Elliott, Klemmer. Kasiano, rfm. Leaves bench 2 spots with Frawley maybe on 1 and mbye to 9 with Reynolds at 6 and Foz at 7. 1.7 to spend on fullback, bench spots and depth and any upgrades required, which would be very minimal with Elliott and Reynolds

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd start with Tolman, Eastwood, Lichaa, Reynolds, Hoppa.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds will never ever ever ever play hooker at Canterbury
Get that through your heads people plz

Graham if as reported is on 1 mill a year next year then fcuk that it's sayonara in my books
No prop is worth more than 5-600 in the game

Which dumb Kent signed off on a mill a year for Graham lol
You think Graham will just walk away from a mill? Not a chance. I wouldn't.

Is that $1m solely cap money? If so, an overly generous tpa or 2 could help out with a few $100k's

Or another side needs sweet talking to cover most or all of it and we let him go.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Tolman is signed till end of 2020, no way he is going anywhere

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been posted there is so much going on in the kennel.
Kasiano been spotted twice at cronulla club
Sorry if it's been posted already.
Excited about next year though ... But there is so much to be excited about this year.
Last year together for this core of players
Premiership?? I feckin hope so
Bulldogs for life

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been posted there is so much going on in the kennel.
Kasiano been spotted twice at cronulla club
Sorry if it's been posted already.
Excited about next year though ... But there is so much to be excited about this year.
Last year together for this core of players
Premiership?? I feckin hope so
Bulldogs for life
Kas is just pretending he is being shopped around so he can get a free feed at each leagues club.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if the cap is going up by a guaranteed 2.1 for next year from 7 mil to 9.1 mil minimum basically getting rid off Eastwood, Lichaa and Hoppa should be enough wouldn't it.

Considering that 2.1 covers Foran and Woods the money from the other players would cover Graham's upgrade and Reynolds Upgrade wouldn't it??

If it goes up to 9.5 we basically don't need to get rid of anyone... Is that right?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep that cap increase should more then cover Woods and Foran and upgrades. Keep in mind Woods and Foran are likely on 1.3 max under the actual cap rest tpas

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep that cap increase should more then cover Woods and Foran and upgrades. Keep in mind Woods and Foran are likely on 1.3 max under the actual cap rest tpas
Doesn't that mean any team could have done the same thing?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't that mean any team could have done the same thing?
Yes and they do with their players. That's why the contracts that get talked about are so wrong. Almost all of them include TPA's which have nothing to do with the cap. A journo will ask a manager what his client is getting and of course the manager will include the TPA's because it makes it look like he is doing a great job. Meanwhile the fans are mislead and most of the time arcing up about these huge numbers and thinking the cap is burnt on a couple of players.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes and they do with their players. That's why the contracts that get talked about are so wrong. Almost all of them include TPA's which have nothing to do with the cap. A journo will ask a manager what his client is getting and of course the manager will include the TPA's because it makes it look like he is doing a great job. Meanwhile the fans are mislead and most of the time arcing up about these huge numbers and thinking the cap is burnt on a couple of players.
Yeah sweet as....So It sounds like the dogs were the smartest club by securing signatures before anyone else. Amazing how once the dogs did it everyone followed suite.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet we still don't have a kicker.. I'd give mick Gordon a 2 year deal. Would come cheap, still a good fullback and good goal kicker

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet we still don't have a kicker.. I'd give mick Gordon a 2 year deal. Would come cheap, still a good fullback and good goal kicker
I reckon Mbye should kick, his going to be here long term and can already kick. Put him under intense training and he should get better.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Article on sportstalk360.com saying Tigers have offered Josh Reynolds 850K per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.