The Cull: Who's getting the flick

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fowards, id wanna keep Kasiano and Graham, if i had to shed any it would be between eastwood and tolman, although i feel kinda sad to say it as both players have given us some good service over the years.

Lichaa would be first to go. I dont want Reynolds or Frawley to go. Mbye has to be kept for versatility / utility, just keep him out of the halves please. Apart from that id change nothing.
Tolman is too valuable considering we'll lose Graham next yr. Nobody scrambles like Graham and Tolman besides Reynolds.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
as long as we keep following players i dont give a fuck about the rest

players in the order of most importance first.

1- Jackson
2- klemmer
3- Kas
4- Graham
5- reynold
They'd be silly to get rid of Kas, nothing happens until he comes onto the field.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the media can help us here.
They link every off contract player to us and then they have us offloading every player we have.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
with the cap going up by from 7 million to 8.5 million next year you would only have to get rid of 2 or 3 players.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood tapped on shoulder
Lichaa not re-signed
Hoppa tapped
Reynolds depending on contract sum
Phillips gone
Stanley gone
Stanley gone!!!...no way, he is due to return in 2 years from his latest injury.
He was due back sooner but got severe eye strain from watching a sunset a few weeks back...boy can that poor bugger get an injury...

Thanks for 'the memory' Chase...hehe

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the only good thing about early signings for the following year is that it may inspire some of our current crop to perform to either justify staying or picking up a contract elsewhere....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm so glad you're not in any coaching capacity at the bulldogs

Woods, tolman and graham are the most similar props and here you are offloading kasiano ffs

Those 3 i mentioned don't go into 2. Make of that what you will
As much as I love it when Kas comes on for his stints the stats this year show that both Tolman and Woods are superior to him in nearly every stat (except that Tolman doesn't offload) Woods plays more mins, does more hitups for around the same av gain, makes more tackles, less errors, less misses, and same offloads. I think Woods will play a different style with us, given he has a lot more support he won't need to take every second hitup. If Kas wasn't so fat no-one would notice him. He's our version of George Rose. Everyone loves him. He comes on with 5 mins of energy and then just starts to fade before being replaced. He had a real opportunity to shine this year and he hasn't.

Reactions: DT

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
with the cap going up by from 7 million to 8.5 million next year you would only have to get rid of 2 or 3 players.
But you also have to pay for 30 players in the squad instead of 25, plus a few other things so the increase isn't that much at all.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Eastwood tapped on shoulder
Lichaa not re-signed
Hoppa tapped
Reynolds depending on contract sum
Phillips gone
Stanley gone
Thats how I see it, if this is the case it isnt such bad signing these 2. But keep Reynolds.
We will lose a few end of 2018 too with some younger guys hopefully stepping up taking the spots of the Morris twins.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We need to keep: Graham, Jackson, Klemmer, Kasiano, Reynolds, B Morris, Lee, Montoya, Elliot.
I'd be willing to let go: Mbye, Lichaa, Hopoate, J Morris, Tolman, Eastwood.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have finished the "who are we signing" debacle... now we start the "who is getting forced out decacle".. fmd never ends
What a rubbish club we have become.... I recall parra being in this position a couple of years ago. Disgusting heartless disloyal club we have become.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I wouldn't. I am really against the Woods signing as I find him super lazy in defence. But if we were losing one of our props i'd have to go Kasiano. He's on big money and plays very few minutes. Doesn't make sense to cut Tolman who wouldn't be on half of Woods money and is our best defender and a pure workhorse. Wouldn't want to lose Graham or Klemmer. It basically leaves Kas to go.
Kas is our best attacking weapon id be spewing if he left. He's contracted and cannot be let go.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We will be clearing the decks you'd have to imagine. Contracted and off contract players rumored to be going all over the place. I'll leave this here:

It was probably all-you-can-eat at king wan.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really hope we don't lose Graham for Woods. I don't see anything great in Woods he is a good player but not ground breaking. As much as I like Kas I can see why some would think he could go mainly based in the minutes he plays. The interchange rules means each forward need to play big minutes. This allows for xplayers t be added to the bench instead of 4 forwards. I think maybe Eastwood is also starting to getting past his best and might be on the outer.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a rubbish club we have become.... I recall parra being in this position a couple of years ago. Disgusting heartless disloyal club we have become.
Calm down mate. Circle of life. Some come some go. It's been going on for decades. The difference between us and Parra is that Parra just kept signing them and kept what they had. We are at least doing it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.