NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've said for a while that the Thunder have the talent and picks to trade with to be a title contender for years to come but they're as strong a contender as anyone this year... It will be interesting to see if they make any moves with those picks this year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@CQDog what do you think about that trade?

I think Quickley will break out at Toronto and become a 20 point a game scorer. But OG is an upgrade on Barrett (who was on a horrible contract at 30 mill a year til 2027) and getting Achiuwa helps the Knicks at Centre with Robinson out for the season.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@CQDog what do you think about that trade?

I think Quickley will break out at Toronto and become a 20 point a game scorer. But OG is an upgrade on Barrett (who was on a horrible contract at 30 mill a year til 2027) and getting Achiuwa helps the Knicks at Centre with Robinson out for the season.
It makes sense both sides but I think us losing Quickley makes us slightly lose the trade for now. I genuinely could see a Tyrese Maxey type of jump at Toronto for him if he can shoot the lights out like he has been doing for us recently. I’m glad Barrett is gone now as I think his trade value was plummeting game by game. He really has been truly horrible for us the past month and a bit. OG defense alone is more valuable to this team than Barrett altogether. I’m happy for Quickley tho and i’m glad he’s gone get his starting role on the Raptors that he greatly deserves. I liked Achuiwa a few seasons back when he was a rookie and his first year at the Raptors but I haven’t heard much since. Tbf, the Raptors have been a tad dysfunctional and disappointing the past couple of seasons.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It makes sense both sides but I think us losing Quickley makes us slightly lose the trade for now. I genuinely could see a Tyrese Maxey type of jump at Toronto for him if he can shoot the lights out like he has been doing for us recently. I’m glad Barrett is gone now as I think his trade value was plummeting game by game. He really has been truly horrible for us the past month and a bit. OG defense alone is more valuable to this team than Barrett altogether. I’m happy for Quickley tho and i’m glad he’s gone get his starting role on the Raptors that he greatly deserves. I liked Achuiwa a few seasons back when he was a rookie and his first year at the Raptors but I haven’t heard much since. Tbf, the Raptors have been a tad dysfunctional and disappointing the past couple of seasons.
Yeah I'd love to see that for Quickley too. I think it can happen.. He'll get plenty of minutes and shots. Even more if they trade Siakam too..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I'd love to see that for Quickley too. I think it can happen.. He'll get plenty of minutes and shots. Even more if they trade Siakam too..
I think they’ll blow it up soon and build around Quick, Scottie. They just lost to one of the worst teams ever lmao

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They are probably the youngest team in the league. They are just seeing what the players can do now to decide who to keep & you not too. They even have Victor W on a minutes restriction. Wont be a good team for another season or two.
Agreed on the 1-2 years but we should boss it the next decade with wemby, vassel and even collins plus the million picks we have and cash to spend also.
Bit like the doggies, sucked for ages but will come good once the team is sorted properly.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agreed on the 1-2 years but we should boss it the next decade with wemby, vassel and even collins plus the million picks we have and cash to spend also.
Bit like the doggies, sucked for ages but will come good once the team is sorted properly.
Big signings don't go to the Spurs. All their best players in the past 25 years have been draft picks. They need to make the right picks & right trades to win a title in the next decade.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
welp we're now getting absolutely hammered by injuries and with a brutal jan, we could be out of the 10

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tier 1 teams that can win the chip - Boston, Clippers and Denver

Rest of the league can't touch these 3 teams.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tier 1 teams that can win the chip - Boston, Clippers and Denver

Rest of the league can't touch these 3 teams.
if these teams had any weakness
boston need size and length at the guard spot off the bench - can see them having trouble against Knicks now with OG, Miami and Bucks however i still think Boston will get thru east with eyes closed
clippers need more size up front - could become an issue if PG/Kawhi/Harden not clicking and/or injuries against big teams like denver, Lakers (if they make it), wolves
Denver defence is below par. they were mid-tier last year but had number 1 offence. won't be as easy this year

i am watching knicks a lot more closely now. they going to punch some teams in the mouth in the playoffs.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think Knicks are contenders until Randle can give you 25 and 10 every night but I’m telling you they have a punchers chance this year
Their defence is >>>>> with addition of OG

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Trade has worked for the Knicks already.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I dont think Knicks are contenders until Randle can give you 25 and 10 every night but I’m telling you they have a punchers chance this year
Their defence is >>>>> with addition of OG
He has been giving us 25 and 10 a night? Except for tonight obviously which was a complete shitshow but oh well Brunson also played liked absolute shite a couple of nights ago.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
4-0 since the OG trade. We just look so much better without Barrett. Less turnovers, less bricks haha. Still shitty about losing Quick but he’ll be much happier in Toronto. Interesting deadline coming up

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4-0 since the OG trade. We just look so much better without Barrett. Less turnovers, less bricks haha. Still shitty about losing Quick but he’ll be much happier in Toronto. Interesting deadline coming up
they look great

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i said this last year, but I think lakers should have moved lebron instead of Russ. They could have re-signed Russ for cheap and put a team around he and AD.
looks like Ham will be scapegoated like Vogel and Russ were last 2 years
Lebron is finished, he puts up empty stats. Does not impact winning. Lakers should move both AD and Bron and reset