The Canterbury Bulldogs are a good team playing dumb football

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to let foolballers play football. If anything we are overcoached.
Not to necessarily single your post out but a few people have said this recently. I'm assuming you mean that our players are required to stick to a script and that's it? No deviations from their structure?

Because if people are saying our gameplan is overly complex, someone's going to have to break that down for me

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lucky we have depth that can cover the injuries, maybe even play better given more minutes.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All they need to do is play with enthusiasm, offload the ball , run hard , kick .. So sick of watching their slow build up to nothing.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a coaching , talent , toughness, athleticism, and speed problem

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think Eastwood or Graham are injured. They Probably just trying to protect them from a serious injury which would prevent another team taking them off our hands. They'll play again after its announced they are leaving at end of the year.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop sugar coating. Ur starting to piss me off graham- tell des to fuck off ffs!

Stop feeding us this shit!

They must be into Scientology

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop sugar coating. Ur starting to piss me off graham- tell des to fuck off ffs!

Stop feeding us this shit!

They must be into Scientology
Remember that bloke they hired for a while who was like some life coach guy? Was very weird

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
To me it's clear the directive is to keep up the facade about the team being great just lacking execution going for the whole year and at the end of it they will be "blindsided" about the result...I think they are desperately hoping next year we go gangbusters like roosters etc

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty I don't think these injuries weaken the team.

As others are saying our team is basicly shit anyway with our problem clearly in the halves, worst in the competition.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All they need to do is play with enthusiasm, offload the ball , run hard , kick .. So sick of watching their slow build up to nothing.
Ahh so play football you say , and not worry about making stats your goal ?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahh so play football you say , and not worry about making stats your goal ?
Des just needs to trust them to play attacking football.
Id rather see tries let in if it means we ALSO score tries . if Des was fair Dinkum he'd look at the stats of his dumbarse game plan and see the odds of winning are shit

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really don't get this top 8 crap.
Half the teams in the comp make the top 8 - whoopy doo.

Last time a team from outside top 4 won a comp was something like 1994 Brisbane?
As in unless you make the top 4 forget about it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting our execution right will happen tonight, when the Eels execute our chances.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol lacking a bit of execution.

Our kicking game is a pure joke, it isn't anywhere near good enough. That isn't "lacking a bit of execution".
Our passing to a prop on the 4th for a hitup is a joke. That isn't "lacking a bit of execution".
Our final tackle plays are a joke. Everyone looks like their plane just landed in France when they were enroute to Los Angeles. That isn't "lacking a bit of execution".
Our dummy half can't pass, can't kick, can't get us meters. That isn't "lacking a bit of execution".
Our goal kicking is the worst in the NRL. That isn't "lacking a bit of execution".

We need a total bloody engine overhaul, not an effing minor service.
The pass on the 4th tackle to Tolman or a forward inside the opposition 10-20m zone is absolutely madness when considering points are typically scored on 4th and 5th tackle plays. We are effectively burning an opportunity to score points and so theoretically, we give ourselves 50% less chance of scoring points when in the opposition attacking zone.

Get that stat up ya Des!

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was rattled when asked if the playing roster were happy with the game plan. He went off on some tangent about Des vision and all players having to find middle ground

Yeah whatever

Please go to the Knights
The team always finds the middle ground, but it's always the part under the goalposts after the opposing team has scored.
The effort seems to be there but the game plan is rubbish and too many players are not playing their natural game and dumb errors are costing us plenty.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I don't even know why people take any notice of this kind of talk? What do you expect the team captain to say? We are playing crap, we have given up for the year, so don't waste ya money coming out fans. Seriously apart from the media response given above, what do people expect him to say?
Mate ever since Hasler came on board with his bloody mind coach it's been sunshine and roses at the bulldogs. All positive re enforcement. Which is great for a while and good to pull you through a dip in form. But when you've been shit for over a year of footy it starts to become insanity and that's not healthy. Back when I was a kid growing up in the 80s/90s I remember footy players telling it like it was. The game was at its peak back then in the Tina Turner era of RL and things have only gotten worse since then including the players and their bullshit talk in the media. I've had enough tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.