Sutton Appointed again to bulldogs vs Rabbitohs game.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Since you went back and watched it can you go back and watch the Melbourne game the following week, when Cronk took the field goal to win the game and he copped the same thing and was injured but no penalty cause the field goal went in.
Can‘t remember that incident, but I can say that if the referee determines there was a foul play after the ball is kicked, then a three point field goal is in play. A penalty is given 10 metres out directly in front.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Since you went back and watched it can you go back and watch the Melbourne game the following week, when Cronk took the field goal to win the game and he copped the same thing and was injured but no penalty cause the field goal went in.
Storm vs warriors

Exactly happened immediately after our game and nothing was given

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was 45 in October. I gave up reffing Junior League at 38 and 8 months.
Seems a bit old to have the sharp reflexes required to officiate such a fast paced game.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems a bit old to have the sharp reflexes required to officiate such a fast paced game.
Most definitely. I am a fan of 2 referees at NRL level. It is very difficult to watch players creeping inside the ten, and markers not square at the same time.

Touch judges are expected to do more, but are often unable to determine whether a player has gone out close to the tryline.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think he milked it. He missed a couple of games from the knee injury from that contact.

Having watched the replay it is one of the most low IQ brain snap plays up there with Josh Reynolds throwing the pass vs Titans. Graham dived at his legs which was extremely low IQ.

Graham is too emotional and hot headed to be captain. He blew up when Sutton made the correct call and our club paid the price for it. And still is with how the refs perceive the club.
But he got up and kicked the goal ?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can‘t remember that incident, but I can say that if the referee determines there was a foul play after the ball is kicked, then a three point field goal is in play. A penalty is given 10 metres out directly in front.
As @CaptainJackson said it was vs warriors the following game not the following week my mistake, but if Cronk misses would they have blown a penalty even though he was injured?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As @CaptainJackson said it was vs warriors the following game not the following week my mistake, but if Cronk misses would they have blown a penalty even though he was injured?
It was the following week, not the same weekend

I just meant straight after because it was the week after

What made the storm vs warriors non-decision disgraceful was the NRL did their PR about how great their refs are and how many rules they have to remember and blow under pressure.

And then immediately after that they miss the same decision in storm vs warriors

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prior to Cameron Smith, the master of forward passes from dummy half was Kerrod Walters. The little short passes from there to a forward running close to the play the ball is very hard to pick. You have to watch the direction of the hands and not the ball.
Tons of forward passes from dummy half and short forward passes are missed by the ref and the tv commentators each round. Mahoney threw one a metre forward in the play before he scored from dummy half in our last match - one of the very few times a blind ref call went our way.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Ryan Sutton was back when I glanced at the thread title. Ended up to be the lesser of two evils. Whether he picks on us or not, Gerard is a shit ref, but Ryan is a shitter prop.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well...if he wasn't already bent as some suggest, a read of this thread would surely tip him over the precipice :tearsofjoy: