Should there be a rival competition

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
V'landys' authoritarian style was appropriate during the "Covid crisis" - that environment no longer exists.
Further, his association with racing/gambling is not helpful for the long-term direction of the game.
He's done. Pack his bags. Show him the door. Thanks for your time.
No evidence Abdo is anything more than a 2IC flunky - he probably needs to go too, unless the new guy wants to keep him around to get coffees.
Need to get them out fast before they sign up NRL to Vegas mafia gambling shonks.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It didnt work last time. Wouldnt work again. May also end up with worse admin.
That's a fair call.

From memory 97 debacle (outside of the 2 egos at war) some players and clubs were over the admin.

At the moment the 3 main stakeholders (players, clubs and fans) are questioning the current admin and this is without Packer and Murdoch being involved.

From an abbreviated list, players are pissed big time they are not getting their slice of the pie. Fans are pissed with officiating and what seems an abuse of the salary cap by some of the games higher profile clubs.

In my opinion the NRL needs to listen to stakeholders or it could well end up being kicked to the curb.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exodus from the last one made a few clubs go broke, if they took the leap now then I’d doubt there would be reconciliation. Mind you Channel 7 wanted the rights before nrl and 9 agreed to the massive deal in 2015 which I think was Thursday night games etc

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad but so true!
I really can’t stand him and abdo or what ever the South African fellas name is, they are clueless .. these rules fuck me desd they are bad ! Teams scared to tackle cause of hip drops .. it’s not soccer . This game will slowly die cause each year you literally sweat wondering if it’s a penalty or not, the 6 agains too! Just too much

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Peter and his cunning greek business style the NRL would have gone bust during covid and you turds wouldn't have anything to watch now. Watch it maggots.

NO RESPECT.
Ummm... I do recall the grounds were empty during Covid :tonguewink:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really can’t stand him and abdo or what ever the South African fellas name is, they are clueless .. these rules fuck me desd they are bad ! Teams scared to tackle cause of hip drops .. it’s not soccer . This game will slowly die cause each year you literally sweat wondering if it’s a penalty or not, the 6 agains too! Just too much
And I’m sure ABDO is a big yawnion fan too, being South African. Trying to infiltrate their pussy rules onto league.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get rid of betting sponsorship and betting on games and bring back beer and smokes sponsorship and advertising. I want to stomp on Joel Caines head.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Super League was done properly the first time it would have worked and Rugby League would be a much bigger game around the globe.

If Super League started fresh back then and didn’t use existing clubs. By putting tenders out for totally new franchises it would be killing the sporting landscape today.

3 Sydney
3 Brisbane
2 NZ
1 each in every other capital around the country.

If the current clubs wanted to join forces in the tenders to make the Franchise. Whilst still playing in what could still work as a local 2 tier league. Be the pathway league.

This concept would break into other areas and countries around the world.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Peter and his cunning greek business style the NRL would have gone bust during covid and you turds wouldn't have anything to watch now. Watch it maggots.

NO RESPECT.
V’landys was there for a reason & his tenure has gone 1 season too long. When you’re taking advice & consult from a committee consisting of legal eagles, commercial interest from betting agencies & touch football executives….it’s time to go PVL post haste & take the PC halfwit Abdo with you

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
V’landys was there for a reason & his tenure has gone 1 season too long. When you’re taking advice & consult from a committee consisting of legal eagles, commercial interest from betting agencies & touch football executives….it’s time to go PVL post haste & take the PC halfwit Abdo with you
100% he was there to sort out a mess and make some hard calls. That time has now past and he should step aside. His ego and personal beliefs making changes to suit how he sees the game. Those changes are not always for the benefit of the game.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that Vlandys is in the director's chair shows how much pull the gambling association has in the league. He's a puppet that has his strings pulled by betting agencies. We really need the whole administration team to be ousted and replaced with honest people with a love of the game. Unfortunately I don't know how we'd make that happen.

As fans we'd like to think we own the game. But realistically we're just the smucks that make it financially viable.
The current admin and set up is so entrenched that it wouldn't be possible for and changes to be possible with the NRL
Changes could happen is if fans set up a rival competition in a small way, and possibly in the Sydney area to start with, and with good management the game would grow.
I believe that with a few rule changes it would not be impossible for a new comp to find its own market, in our sports mad country with many disalusioned fans.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that V'landys is doing a good job had got sh!t for brains.
My pop used to say, at the ballot box we are all counted as equals. however when it comes to wielding power and influence only very few people count, thats why we the fans don't count
With the current set up with the NRL the few that count are Politis, Fox excutives Ch9 # perhaps Packer, they think that he is doing a good job
Gus had some influence before he came to work for us, but not any more.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New comp difficult to start but would be nice.

No 6 agains
Bring back the scrum
Relax the high shot
hip drop ok
No wrestling
No 7 tackle....it has always been 6
No golden point

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Everybody is talking about how good the game is, and this post appears. No idea at all mate.

What was killing the game during COVID was no reserve grade. So everybody was stuck with the players they had or needed to play someone who was underdone with no game time.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please.
Some fans are deluded.
Calling for new comp with high tackles to come back and ref bias to stop.
Won’t happen and will be a disaster if a new Como comes.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A new SL or a rebel comp is very unlikely but I've been hearing that there are many unhappy clubs with the current setup of the game the rules changes and salary cap, the hierarchies of these clubs are in constant contact seeking each others support.
The arrival of pay TV was the reason for the Super League ARL war starting, the current situation does not warrant a reason for a multi billion dollars company starting a new Rugby League civil war, what I can see is an internal revolution starting in order to correct all that needs correcting especially the salary cap.
I believe one of the major problems is forcing clubs to annual spend minimum 95% of the salary cap on very ordinary rosters, crippling some clubs by making it difficult for them to properly rebuild their rosters,
Yet, they still want us to believe that they want equally competitive competition...LOL

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A new SL or a rebel comp is very unlikely but I've been hearing that there are many unhappy clubs with the current setup of the game the rules changes and salary cap, the hierarchies of these clubs are in constant contact seeking each others support.
The arrival of pay TV was the reason for the Super League ARL war starting, the current situation does not warrant a reason for a multi billion dollars company starting a new Rugby League civil war, what I can see is an internal revolution starting in order to correct all that needs correcting especially the salary cap.
I believe one of the major problems is forcing clubs to annual spend minimum 95% of the salary cap on very ordinary rosters, crippling some clubs by making it difficult for them to properly rebuild their rosters,
Yet, they still want us to believe that they want equally competitive competition...LOL
I "believe" that the current rules allow for each player to receive up to $200,000 in TPA, which would some clubs to have a roster of $6M more than some other club, $200,000 By 30 equals $6M.
Nice work in evening out the tallant NRL

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I "believe" that the current rules allow for each player to receive up to $200,000 in TPA, which would some clubs to have a roster of $6M more than some other club, $200,000 By 30 equals $6M.
Nice work in evening out the tallant NRL
I don’t think there is a cap on TPA’s at all. I have never heard of a $200k cap?

I recall when Cronk went to the Rooster’s half his deal was a TPA

If you’re a super rich fan but not a club sponsor I believe you can pay whatever you want as a TPA. This is one of the main reasons the Salary Cap is an absolute farce. It doesn’t exist for some clubs.