Stuff you collect

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Buddy please tell me you kept the damaged card? They still hold value.
I've had PSA grade 3 cards come back and still sell for a decent amount.

True story.

Kid in primary school was into pokemon cards so I bought him a few. Anyways, he'd have friends around occasionally to play but otherwise - nope - not taking them to school. Would google up how to set up decks etc. so I sort of knew what they were but definitely no fanboy.

So he begged me to take a deck to school one day and said ok and he took his best deck.

Long story short, of course some kids pinched cards off him and the boy was shattered (more so since I told him I'd kick his ass if he lost any). Lost my shit at the school (had names) and they came back 2 days later. And of course, one card had been folded into quarters. Some gold fringed dragon thing - fckd if I can remember.

Anyways, saw something on tele about someone paying millions for a card and thought - wonder what these are worth. One drunken night started googling. Turned out that card that had been quartered in good nick was $5k and in average nick (used) was still $1k. Fckng died.

Fckng weird what people will pay overs for as collectibles.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Buddy please tell me you kept the damaged card? They still hold value.
I've had PSA grade 3 cards come back and still sell for a decent amount.
It's around somewhere in with the kids other pokemon cards.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really collecting,but i got 2 Custom Pokemon cards made for my boy for Christmas last year, he loves them, ill post a pic when i get home.

I also have a Series 1 Optimus Prime, Mint Condition, not in box from when i was a kid, that Transformer is 40 years old i think.

Like this, but not in as perfect condition

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The custom cards from Etsy? amazing work some of them i've found if so.

Not really collecting,but i got 2 Custom Pokemon cards made for my boy for Christmas last year, he loves them, ill post a pic when i get home.

I also have a Series 1 Optimus Prime, Mint Consition, not in box from when i was a kid, that Transformer is 40 years old i think.

Like this, but not in as perfect condition

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you think Crown Zenith prices will pick back up again?
After the reprint rumours the value of them dropped like crazy.

Also are you collecting the 151 set? So much nostalgia!!!
Me and my girls have been having a blast opening them up.
Regarding Crown Zenith of we're talking sealed product, I think they'll slowly find their way up again but it will probably be a few years.

Yeah, 151 was just awesome. Completed my masterset last week and had so much fun with it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have a heap of Charles Barkley and David Robinson NBA cards, is there anywhere in Sydney where I can sell them without getting ripped off as I have no idea what they are worth.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone got a VHS collection of the series tugs?

I seen a tape sell for $300 on ebay.
I bought a heap of tapes.

Still have a couple left.
My stupid sister threw the rest out including my 2 copies of the star wars special edition!

I reckon I could of sold them for at least $160?
But women they know nothing!
All they know is this belongs to a man and I don't understand it?
So now it has to be given away or thrown out!

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a heap of Charles Barkley and David Robinson NBA cards, is there anywhere in Sydney where I can sell them without getting ripped off as I have no idea what they are worth.
If they are base cards or common 90s inserts won’t be worth much my bro, send me photos or a list of that u have and I’ll let you know

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If they are base cards or common 90s inserts won’t be worth much my bro, send me photos or a list of that u have and I’ll let you know
I'll dig them up and send you a pic.

From memory most are base cards with a few fancy looking ones.

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whale. Already completed the 151 Set.........my goodness.
I'm having issues finding booster packs at the moment.
I find the pull rates from the trainer boxes and the premium boxes junk.

The metal gold Mew card is wicked.

Regarding Crown Zenith of we're talking sealed product, I think they'll slowly find their way up again but it will probably be a few years.

Yeah, 151 was just awesome. Completed my masterset last week and had so much fun with it.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Classic mate. I used to collect Shawn Kemp