Stuff you collect

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah, I had about 10k basketball cards and probably 15k shells from all over the world, including some bloody rare ones. Had an entire room for the cream of my shell collection, and some of the bigger ones scattered through the house. Pretty sure the fire was deliberately lit by the little A-holes who lived/stayed over the back fence. The kids who lived there, their father lived in Perth for work, and their mum was too much of a soft touch, let them get away with anything: loud parties 3-5 nights a week till early morning, open drug use, they used to through their rubbish & alcohol bottles over my fence and other neighbours. Eventually 1 of the neighbours went to see the mum a few days before it happened, told her the kids could either shape up or ship out, or they'd involve the police, which was met with "we'll burn your fucking house down, you old bastard!" shouted over the fence after they'd returned home. Earlier the day of the fire, drop-kicks from that house were seen on security camera trying to force their way into an elderly neighbours house, then a couple of hours later my house went up. The little bastard who was always having the parties legged it to Perth while I was still sorting shit out, his mates all went to ground, and it all got put down to an "electronic fault". Insurance covered most things, EVENTUALLY, but it's the stuff u can't replace like photos, memorabilia, collectables that hurt the most... When it first happened I just wanted to drive off the boat ramp with the windows open, but I've got a young fella I needed to take care of. Almost 8 years to the day now. Still a lot of anger, but all you can do is move on.
Shit mate, so sorry to hear you had to go through that. I reckon we go through a phase of having bad neighbours. We currently live next to a Karen who no one in the neighbourhood likes.

This bloke was building a house across the road. The old house was leveled and the foundations were laid for the new double story house to go up. She actually went over to him when the foundations were laid and told him off for building a 2 story house, then had the nerve to take a photo of the foundations and put a complaint up on the community Facebook page.

And she wonders why no one likes her :fearscream:.

I know it's nothing compared to what you went through mate, but there are some utter disgraces to humanity in this world - more than I care to count.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I had about 10k basketball cards and probably 15k shells from all over the world, including some bloody rare ones. Had an entire room for the cream of my shell collection, and some of the bigger ones scattered through the house. Pretty sure the fire was deliberately lit by the little A-holes who lived/stayed over the back fence. The kids who lived there, their father lived in Perth for work, and their mum was too much of a soft touch, let them get away with anything: loud parties 3-5 nights a week till early morning, open drug use, they used to through their rubbish & alcohol bottles over my fence and other neighbours. Eventually 1 of the neighbours went to see the mum a few days before it happened, told her the kids could either shape up or ship out, or they'd involve the police, which was met with "we'll burn your fucking house down, you old bastard!" shouted over the fence after they'd returned home. Earlier the day of the fire, drop-kicks from that house were seen on security camera trying to force their way into an elderly neighbours house, then a couple of hours later my house went up. The little bastard who was always having the parties legged it to Perth while I was still sorting shit out, his mates all went to ground, and it all got put down to an "electronic fault". Insurance covered most things, EVENTUALLY, but it's the stuff u can't replace like photos, memorabilia, collectables that hurt the most... When it first happened I just wanted to drive off the boat ramp with the windows open, but I've got a young fella I needed to take care of. Almost 8 years to the day now. Still a lot of anger, but all you can do is move on.
Sorry to hear this. Little bastards. I can imagine how precious and valuable the collection was to you, and don’t mean just in a monetary sense. Thankfully no one in your family got hurt.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nice..I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one when I heard it was being released..and only $8.View attachment 93630
That’s a really nice one mate. I like how the premiums are fairly affordable - but the RLC ones are a lot more expensive and always a shitfight to try and buy as they all get sold out within seconds.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
True story.

Kid in primary school was into pokemon cards so I bought him a few. Anyways, he'd have friends around occasionally to play but otherwise - nope - not taking them to school. Would google up how to set up decks etc. so I sort of knew what they were but definitely no fanboy.

So he begged me to take a deck to school one day and said ok and he took his best deck.

Long story short, of course some kids pinched cards off him and the boy was shattered (more so since I told him I'd kick his ass if he lost any). Lost my shit at the school (had names) and they came back 2 days later. And of course, one card had been folded into quarters. Some gold fringed dragon thing - fckd if I can remember.

Anyways, saw something on tele about someone paying millions for a card and thought - wonder what these are worth. One drunken night started googling. Turned out that card that had been quartered in good nick was $5k and in average nick (used) was still $1k. Fckng died.

Fckng weird what people will pay overs for as collectibles.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True story.

Kid in primary school was into pokemon cards so I bought him a few. Anyways, he'd have friends around occasionally to play but otherwise - nope - not taking them to school. Would google up how to set up decks etc. so I sort of knew what they were but definitely no fanboy.

So he begged me to take a deck to school one day and said ok and he took his best deck.

Long story short, of course some kids pinched cards off him and the boy was shattered (more so since I told him I'd kick his ass if he lost any). Lost my shit at the school (had names) and they came back 2 days later. And of course, one card had been folded into quarters. Some gold fringed dragon thing - fckd if I can remember.

Anyways, saw something on tele about someone paying millions for a card and thought - wonder what these are worth. One drunken night started googling. Turned out that card that had been quartered in good nick was $5k and in average nick (used) was still $1k. Fckng died.

Why are you hanging out with a primary school kid?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True story.

Same with everything really.
I build music gear and even alot of NOS electronic components are ridiculously expensive these days.
I wanted to collect Oz magazines until I seen how much they go for on Ebay.
Even pinball machines are big $$ now.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I collect coins, tokens and medallions. You name it I will collect if its coin related. I collect currency, sports / movie medallions. I am always looking to see what I could collect in this field. Some of my favourites are Mick Doohan medallion, Mission Impossible coin that only the cast were given from one of the movies. Does anyone else collect unique coins?

Wahesh

Reaction score
I collect coins, tokens and medallions. You name it I will collect if its coin related. I collect currency, sports / movie medallions. I am always looking to see what I could collect in this field. Some of my favourites are Mick Doohan medallion, Mission Impossible coin that only the cast were given from one of the movies. Does anyone else collect unique coins?
What about the Aurora coin on the previous page?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a while anyone bought anything of note?
I stick with the same theme coins and this is the latest one I bought today.
View attachment 84193

Stunning looking coin I think so had to buy, it was $185 2000 mintage.
Nice one, hold onto that one. Considering there was only 2000 made. It’s also a nice looking coin.

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you think Crown Zenith prices will pick back up again?
After the reprint rumours the value of them dropped like crazy.

Also are you collecting the 151 set? So much nostalgia!!!
Me and my girls have been having a blast opening them up.

Hey Bro, yeah... damn forgot I even mentioned that haha

It's called Getthosemons and it's focused on trading cards. Only catch is I only ship within NZ only! Might change that to include Aus one day.