Stuff you collect

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to collect game consoles and games. I have about 15 consoles some older consoles brand new never used. Heaps of games, many I’ve never played

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does anyone here collect anything?

I actually used to collect watches. I have particular taste in watches though. They MUST be Swiss made. I will not accept anything else. Also, they MUST be analogue (not digital, I refuse to by any of that smart watch b/s), and they MUST be NUMBERED 1-12 on the hour hand. I will not accept the watches that just had dots on the hours, or had roman numerals...no... NUMBERED 1-12.

No rubber/silicon bands either. Only leather or metallic.

Anyway... watches were too expensive to keep up with as I wouldn't even look at something under $200, so I stopped my collection at 7, which includes 3 military watches.

Now I'm onto my next thing, die-cast model cars.

Again, detail is important to me, so Match Box or Hot Wheels cars don't even get a mention. The cars MUST be replicas of real cars, not the fake space-aged shit. I will not even bother touching something if the lights are simply painted on. I want them to be at the very minimum plastic transparent lights (clear for the front lights, transparent red for the rear lights).

If the model is made of plastic, LOL, no chance. Metal only.

At the moment I have 5 cars from the Fast & Furious franchise, and also a few other American v8 cars - Camaro SS both 67 and 2015, Shelby Cobra, Nova SS 1969 - paint-job is identical to the image below (it looks red but is actually hot pink).

I also have a 2012 Bulldogs Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2013 Bulldogs Toyota Rav 4.

On my list, I am also after a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500, Ford Raptor, Toyota Tundra (all 3 duel cab) and a Pagani Zonda Roadster.

Once I get all those 4, my life will once again have no meaning. Then I'll need a new hobby :tearsofjoy:
why not collect homage watches?

I’ve about 5 speed master homage watches. Look and function as good as the original. If someone trys to look at the brand on the watch, I’ll give them a back fist

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
why not collect homage watches?

I’ve about 5 speed master homage watches. Look and function as good as the original. If someone trys to look at the brand on the watch, I’ll give them a back fist
I've got 3 watches but they aren't homage. Come to think of it though homage watches probably are better than the original as they'll look the same and cost 10% of the original.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been a while anyone bought anything of note?
I stick with the same theme coins and this is the latest one I bought today.
33364_-_TV_2023_1_AURORA_BOREALIS_1oz_SILPF_Rev_Left__85906.jpg

Stunning looking coin I think so had to buy, it was $185 2000 mintage.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just more parfum, my collection has grown immensely!! Very expensive hobby as I import exotic , premium brands from all over the world, spend up to $1500 per 100ml bottle sometimes!! But I smell amazing , and get many compliments/remarks. From both men an women, and don’t smell like every other Tom dick an harry wondering around with their cheap $99 chemist brands :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Took me a while, but I FINALLY got this beauty a couple of weeks ago.

This is a Super Treasure Hunt (extremely rare to find) and cost me $150.

Usually after a couple of months, the price of them goes down. This one was sticking at the ~$150 mark though, not going down. It will be worth $300 in a couple of years time.

1696281406568.png

Wahesh

Reaction score
I believe my brother @Raysie runs a website that sells collectible. Raysie do you mind posting the link bro?

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe my brother @Raysie runs a website that sells collectible. Raysie do you mind posting the link bro?
Hey Bro, yeah... damn forgot I even mentioned that haha

It's called Getthosemons and it's focused on trading cards. Only catch is I only ship within NZ only! Might change that to include Aus one day.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was hard work to get one of these online at 5.30am my time, with only 300 of these 50th anniversary PNC's on sale they sold out in i'd estimate 75-90 seconds.
These coins which are not even proof grade have been massively in demand since first issue.Pretty fucken cool I think.

resized_1500x1500-2.jpg

resized_1500x1500-1.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
Been a while anyone bought anything of note?
I stick with the same theme coins and this is the latest one I bought today.
View attachment 84193

Stunning looking coin I think so had to buy, it was $185 2000 mintage.
I just looked into them and they're pretty awesome.

Check this variation out though:

1698702177516.png

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just looked into them and they're pretty awesome.

Check this variation out though:

View attachment 90505

Absolutely Stunning isnt it.
I'd would love to buy a 1 Oz gold coin, the 5 grand they want for this beauty is a chunk of change however..just 99 minted makes it very rare so I guess the value is there.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I used to collect seashells and basketball cards, then my house went up in flames in 2015, lost them all and lost the bug to try to replace them for the most part. Last few years, about the only thing I've collected with any regularity are bills, kilos, and injuries when i try to get back into sport... :sweatsmile:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I used to collect seashells and basketball cards, then my house went up in flames in 2015, lost them all and lost the bug to try to replace them for the most part. Last few years, about the only thing I've collected with any regularity are bills, kilos, and injuries when i try to get back into sport... :sweatsmile:
Sorry to hear that, must of been devastating all round.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How much where they?
$69.95 mate..Australia Post issued.
Online now there is one for auction and with 2 days of bidding still to go its already at $134.
Idk why but the demand has been big I've spoken to dealers even the ones just in a card sell out like crazy.
Of course now I wish I had of tried to buy more but happy to get one, i am not really a seller at all at this stage, "pro's" have the monopoly on this business.

There was also an Opera House Gold plated 50c 50th anniversary one i tried for, only 120 of this issued and when I got to the last page of the shopping cart it came up sold out..i was ready to confirm purchase in under 30 seconds I reckon, had no hope lol

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$69.95 mate..Australia Post issued.
Online now there is one for auction and with 2 days of bidding still to go its already at $134.
Idk why but the demand has been big I've spoken to dealers even the ones just in a card sell out like crazy.
Of course now I wish I had of tried to buy more but happy to get one, i am not really a seller at all at this stage, "pro's" have the monopoly on this business.

There was also an Opera House Gold plated 50c 50th anniversary one i tried for, only 120 of this issued and when I got to the last page of the shopping cart it came up sold out..i was ready to confirm purchase in under 30 seconds I reckon, had no hope lol
Ive always liked coins for some reason but I am not a collector. Being a music lover, I bought 2 of the general 30,000 unit 2018 ACDC coins. They are the only coins I have.
The one you bought this morning is much more desirable, nice score :grinning:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, must of been devastating all round.

Yeah, I had about 10k basketball cards and probably 15k shells from all over the world, including some bloody rare ones. Had an entire room for the cream of my shell collection, and some of the bigger ones scattered through the house. Pretty sure the fire was deliberately lit by the little A-holes who lived/stayed over the back fence. The kids who lived there, their father lived in Perth for work, and their mum was too much of a soft touch, let them get away with anything: loud parties 3-5 nights a week till early morning, open drug use, they used to through their rubbish & alcohol bottles over my fence and other neighbours. Eventually 1 of the neighbours went to see the mum a few days before it happened, told her the kids could either shape up or ship out, or they'd involve the police, which was met with "we'll burn your fucking house down, you old bastard!" shouted over the fence after they'd returned home. Earlier the day of the fire, drop-kicks from that house were seen on security camera trying to force their way into an elderly neighbours house, then a couple of hours later my house went up. The little bastard who was always having the parties legged it to Perth while I was still sorting shit out, his mates all went to ground, and it all got put down to an "electronic fault". Insurance covered most things, EVENTUALLY, but it's the stuff u can't replace like photos, memorabilia, collectables that hurt the most... When it first happened I just wanted to drive off the boat ramp with the windows open, but I've got a young fella I needed to take care of. Almost 8 years to the day now. Still a lot of anger, but all you can do is move on.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I had about 10k basketball cards and probably 15k shells from all over the world, including some bloody rare ones. Had an entire room for the cream of my shell collection, and some of the bigger ones scattered through the house. Pretty sure the fire was deliberately lit by the little A-holes who lived/stayed over the back fence. The kids who lived there, their father lived in Perth for work, and their mum was too much of a soft touch, let them get away with anything: loud parties 3-5 nights a week till early morning, open drug use, they used to through their rubbish & alcohol bottles over my fence and other neighbours. Eventually 1 of the neighbours went to see the mum a few days before it happened, told her the kids could either shape up or ship out, or they'd involve the police, which was met with "we'll burn your fucking house down, you old bastard!" shouted over the fence after they'd returned home. Earlier the day of the fire, drop-kicks from that house were seen on security camera trying to force their way into an elderly neighbours house, then a couple of hours later my house went up. The little bastard who was always having the parties legged it to Perth while I was still sorting shit out, his mates all went to ground, and it all got put down to an "electronic fault". Insurance covered most things, EVENTUALLY, but it's the stuff u can't replace like photos, memorabilia, collectables that hurt the most... When it first happened I just wanted to drive off the boat ramp with the windows open, but I've got a young fella I needed to take care of. Almost 8 years to the day now. Still a lot of anger, but all you can do is move on.
Wow, all so unnecessary. There are some real ***** in this world.
Most importantly, you weren't in the home when it went up.
Couldnt even imagine what its like to go through such a thing.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awful to read this mate, really sorry for what happened to you.
What little arseholes, there are way too many shit humans on this earth.