Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Georgallis should be promoted to head coach for the 2018 season tbh. He has turned around our underperforming ISP squad and turned them into title contenders all in a season.

Georgallis wants a crack at the NRL, so why not give him one and reward him for the season he has put together for us. A few of our ISP players like Martin and Cleeland could easily walk into our 17 so why not have them promoted with him and build off combinations he has already created.

What are others opinion on this? If you disagree with me then you are wrong so go away and make your own thread.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally agree , he should pick his staff and have a go , I'd be happy with Dymock also with Steve assistant.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree but only on a 1 year deal , trail contact and will give us time to assess our options , will do a good job developing young players

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Terry Lamb won a couple of Reserve grade gf's in a row and was a terrible first grade coach. Reserve grade is nothing like first grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree but only on a 1 year deal , trail contact and will give us time to assess our options , will do a good job developing young players
Yh i agree with that. I would do a 1 year deal with an option in our favour for another 2 years. He gets an entire off season and the majority of the season to overhaul our playing style and develop our players. If as a team and individuals we show enough improvement then give him his extra 2 years.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I really want to disagree with you just for the sake of it - but I can't. Maybe the club is keeping the ISP side together with Georgalis because they are planning on bring him up to coach FG and want to keep the relationship going with a few of them who will also get promoted after the clean out up top. Well I can hope can't I...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Terry Lamb won a couple of Reserve grade gf's in a row and was a terrible first grade coach. Reserve grade is nothing like first grade.
Bit different though. Baa had only done that fresh from retiring then straight into FG. Georgalis would be pushing 50 and has been assistant coach at a couple of different clubs before taking on the ISP. He knows how to coach - it's just a question of whether he can handle the step up.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind him at all. This is some proof that the lower grades are no under Desball any longer. Good signs ahead for the up and comers.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would Dib even make this move? He seems as stubborn as Des and won't sack the clown no matter how well NSW Cup is doing or how bad the NRL team is going.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a bad idea . Clear out some of our overpaid but underachieving first grade players that Hasler has rewarded and stuck by , and promote the younger guys in their place . Georgallis has worked with them and knows their capabilities.
Fresh start and we will have no salary cap pressure either.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Fuck yes ! Not like there's much better choices out there anyway. He's got abit of experience, familiar with our lower grade and looks like he lets his teams play footy

Reactions: DT

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Terry Lamb was doing a decent job with the Tigers.... had them in the top 8 and sailing along nicely

That was until John Hopoate's middle & index finger's literally f@c€d him.
Rather than taking the rap quietly, Hoppa told the world that Baa knew about his fingers up the arse tactic and then Terry copped them there too so to speak.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad idea . Clear out some of our overpaid but underachieving first grade players that Hasler has rewarded and stuck by , and promote the younger guys in their place . Georgallis has worked with them and knows their capabilities.
Fresh start and we will have no salary cap pressure either.
Mate cleaning out all the dead wood isn't as easy as it sounds, particularly when they are still contracted, guess we can play them in ISP or even Ron massey cup but that wont help our cap situation.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id like to see a straight swap. Georgalis for hasler. Wouldnt cost us anything either. Hasler can take all of his teachers pets back to ISP where they belong, and georgalis can promote the players he think deserve it. Win win really!!

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea myself.
Georgallis seems to have taught the younger guys to enjoy their football. Unlike Des who has made the older blokes hate his mathematics.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No matter the sport, if the players are not enjoying what they are doing they will under perform.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair he coached one of the worst first grade teams ever

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Well if they decide on Pay as HC then he may get a shot at AC, just in case Pay fukks up.

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.