Stephen Crichton

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s signed with Roosters what do you want him to do lmao backflip on his contract?!

If anyone can get him to backflip it would be crichton, but you don’t want him here [emoji14]
Of course I want him here. I want us to win, but we’re not going to do that by signing centres.

I never said he would backflip, either. I said we should have prioritised him over Crichton and he might have come here. Our priorities are all wrong.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't know why but I really can't wait to see him in our colours.. . well I do know why, he is a humble beast.

I just hope he is triple vaxxed against the Bulldog sickness lol

Best way describe him is that he is a Lambo that works harder than a Hilux.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You wonder why, yet your reply demonstrates exactly why! :grinning:
Hope, hope that the supporters of the opposing point of view are reasonable, and rational and demonstrate a modicum of intelligence, so a productive debate can be realised.
Yes it's a real shame TK has become such a toxic place of paybacks and petty schoolyard arguing on all sides. It's just pages and pages of boring back and forth with no let up and all about personal agendas and very little care about the footy or our club.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Of course I want him here. I want us to win, but we’re not going to do that by signing centres.

I never said he would backflip, either. I said we should have prioritised him over Crichton and he might have come here. Our priorities are all wrong.
Because Flanagun knows more then Gus and CC. Well that's what loud mouth know it all's think anyway.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

But Critta is 10 times the player that Leniu is. You can find another Leniu... It's hard to find a centre that makes as big an impact in attack and defence and comes up with as many game changing plays as Critta..

We all wanted Leniu but there's no point overpaying massively for a prop otherwise we risk having another She-Rex situation.

I'd much rather overpay for a forward with more upside and proven form like Kolo..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do Kennellers tag guys then complain about them clogging up the threads with their comebacks and opinions.

When you are you guys gonna just ignore and stop platforming the alternate povs.

Poke the bear: then complain you have to keep reading their negative stuff about the clubs decisions etc. Crazy stuff.
Well said Wendog. Starve them of the attention they crave, and they will wither away.

The forum should be an exchange of information about the team, not a "look at me" from attention seeking juveniles who feel that they need to be more outrageous to get a response.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You’re in for a rude shock if you think Hutchinson and Taaffe are going to do a better job than Burton. LOL at this fascination with Taaffe? Has he even played in the halves at NRL level? He couldn’t even displace the underperforming Illias
Taaffe is not a replacement for Burton - he can work with him to make a better combination than we've had. Taaffe has a toughness about him, and a proven track record of reading the play and providing support. He could make a great fullback, or do good service in the halves.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe is not a replacement for Burton - he can work with him to make a better combination than we've had. Taaffe has a toughness about him, and a proven track record of reading the play and providing support. He could make a great fullback, or do good service in the halves.
Agreed. I was responding to Marki who seems to think that Taaffe or Hutchinson replacing Burton and we instantly get better results. Taaffe has never played in the halves at NRL level so I’m not sure how he’s so certain to be a massive improvement

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I was responding to Marki who seems to think that Taaffe or Hutchinson replacing Burton and we instantly get better results. Taaffe has never played in the halves at NRL level so I’m not sure how he’s so certain to be a massive improvement
Taaffe will sometimes hang around the play the ball in attack, and I've noticed how well he chimes in from there. It makes me think that he could handle the role better than the halves we've been using.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe played most of his junior footy as ⅝ so I'm not sure how Ciraldo is going to use him.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quote me here as I have always been right about this.

It will be a different crighton at the dogs. Reasons:

- Our halves suck he will not get quality ball.
- Our forwards suck he will be playing behind a soft pack.
- He has won three premierships. What’s the motivation? It’s all about the pay check then play your A game in the last year to get that contract extension.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because Flanagun knows more then Gus and CC. Well that's what loud mouth know it all's think anyway.
Give it a rest, mate. It’s a forum. I should be allowed to express my opinion without copping it from the likes of you. Grow up.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get trampled by forwards all season, and you reckon a bloke who runs harder and bends the line more than most pros wouldn’t have been a good fit for us? Ugh, give me strength.
For how long we already experienced that with Pele, if they can’t do it for extended period they aren’t going to be the right forward for us, and at that time we had Pangai for that role

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leniu would not have been a good choice for us, yes we are desperate for forwards but we need forwards that can last 40-50 minutes in the middle and defend. Just nothing available

He is another tpj, just with less skill.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If theres anyone I would prefer its

- Issah Yeo
- Liam Martin

Leniu is another TPJ and is a bench player. We need 80 minute props

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
For how long we already experienced that with Pele, if they can’t do it for extended period they aren’t going to be the right forward for us, and at that time we had Pangai for that role
You honestly think Leniu is comparable to Pele? Pele gets gassed after 10 minutes.

Who says he can't do it for an extended period? He has repeatedly said he wants a chance to play bigger minutes. Just because Cleary uses him for impact in short stints in a stacked forward pack with starting props who play big minutes doesn't mean he isn't capable of playting more. Fisher Harris and Leota didn't play big minutes earlier in their careers, either.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If theres anyone I would prefer its

- Issah Yeo
- Liam Martin

Leniu is another TPJ and is a bench player. We need 80 minute props
I don't think Leniu is anything like TPJ, to be honest...... he bends the line and always brings energy. TPJ only ever brought energy when his mind was switched on.

Just because Cleary uses Leniu as an impact forward playing limited minutes does not mean he's incapable of more. Penrith have a pretty stacked pack, so it makes sense to use Leniu in short sharp bursts.

We need go forward and enforcers who can intimidate and dominate through the middle. Leniu would have given us that.