Star Wars The Force Awakens Discussion (Warning...Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone else think Snoke is Darth Plagueis?
What if it's the emporer? His badly disfigured. He was already disfigured but falling down that hole which blew up would have done even more damage. And would explain why he has a fascination still with recruiting skywalkers.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if it's the emporer? His badly disfigured. He was already disfigured but falling down that hole which blew up would have done even more damage. And would explain why he has a fascination still with recruiting skywalkers.
Snoke is supposed to be 7ft tall though and very skinny..Darth Plagueis was called Darth Plagueis the wise, Kylo Ren calls Snoke very wise.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Snoke is supposed to be 7ft tall though and very skinny..Darth Plagueis was called Darth Plagueis the wise, Kylo Ren calls Snoke very wise.
Yeah I think that makes more sense. Plus Ep vii is more a reboot and trying to get rid of the old cast slowly unfortuenatly.
I wanna see the first scene again where Kylo stops the fkn blaster and freezes Po that was well done cinematography

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the black dude is meant to be the Han and chick the new Luke. Which is only done for the agenda of feminism.
Even some females have come out and said yeah we appreciate how they made the lead a female and all powerful but in the old Star Wars it took anakin and Luke yearssssss to accomplish what she did in moments so it's like over board.
Nothing against Finn, but if that guy's meant to be the charismatic replacement for Han Solo, the trilogy is doomed. There's nothing wrong with him as a character, but he certainly doesn't add any of the non-nerdy everyman charm that Harrison Ford brings.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing against Finn, but if that guy's meant to be the charismatic replacement for Han Solo, the trilogy is doomed. There's nothing wrong with him as a character, but he certainly doesn't add any of the non-nerdy everyman charm that Harrison Ford brings.
I think Po (poe?) is meant to be the Harrison Ford replacement, but I think the character will be stretched between Po and Ray.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the black dude is meant to be the Han and chick the new Luke. Which is only done for the agenda of feminism.
Even some females have come out and said yeah we appreciate how they made the lead a female and all powerful but in the old Star Wars it took anakin and Luke yearssssss to accomplish what she did in moments so it's like over board.
She must have been trained and can't remember any of it? Didn't Luke lose a hand the first time he faced Vader?

If Rey is really Luke's daughter then her and Kylo Ren are cousins so they could potentially have similar power levels. What I don't get is at the end of the movie why it was Rey and not Leia that went looking for Luke?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
She must have been trained and can't remember any of it? Didn't Luke lose a hand the first time he faced Vader?

If Rey is really Luke's daughter then her and Kylo Ren are cousins so they could potentially have similar power levels. What I don't get is at the end of the movie why it was Rey and not Leia that went looking for Luke?
'cause Leia is the general of the Republic armies. She couldn't leave her post.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'cause Leia is the general of the Republic armies. She couldn't leave her post.
But Luke is the chosen one. Surely finding him is the most important thing to the resistance? I surely wouldn't trust that task to a random girl who isn't officially part of the resistance

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But Luke is the chosen one. Surely finding him is the most important thing to the resistance? I surely wouldn't trust that task to a random girl who isn't officially part of the resistance
True. I don't think Leia would go but you'd think they would send a good squad there.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How many times can they rely on the "surprise parents" trick?

It's bordering on being an intergalactic episode of Jerry Springer.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw it last night... Had a few grievances.

Didn't like how Rey was able to take down Kylo Ren with no training just by thinking about the force... I call BS on that one..

Thoughts?

10/10 she will be Luke's Kid

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No anakin was the chosen one. When Vader ended up giving into his good side at the end of 6 and killing the emporer that brought the balance.

I'm still not over how they've put rey as the new hope.
Anyways I've done some thinking from ep1-6 the Jedi always were complaining that they weren't able to use the force as much due to it being out of balance. Now that it's in balance apparently and there was an awakening Jedi or people strong with the force will be able to use the forces powers much more rapidly?
I just wish they made rey a male it just makes it more serious and believable everything just felt so forced with rey like they made her perfect not even Luke or ani were perfect.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No anakin was the chosen one. When Vader ended up giving into his good side at the end of 6 and killing the emporer that brought the balance.

I'm still not over how they've put rey as the new hope.
Anyways I've done some thinking from ep1-6 the Jedi always were complaining that they weren't able to use the force as much due to it being out of balance. Now that it's in balance apparently and there was an awakening Jedi or people strong with the force will be able to use the forces powers much more rapidly?
I just wish they made rey a male it just makes it more serious and believable everything just felt so forced with rey like they made her perfect not even Luke or ani were perfect.
Yeah exactly this, it was anakin that was the chosen one not luke.

Reaction score
10/10 she will be Luke's Kid
i think she could be Han's, kylo's sister. she seems to be the han solo character out of the 3 new characters.
they've appealed to the feminists with this episode, hopefully they don't appease the gays in the next one by making finn and poe hook up

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i think she could be Han's, kylo's sister. she seems to be the han solo character out of the 3 new characters.
they've appealed to the feminists with this episode, hopefully they don't appease the gays in the next one by making finn and poe hook up
I don't think so, just because of the whole FORCE thing

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if they do Disney wanna make gay shit the norm and wanna get kids young as other movie companies are already doing.

The feminist approach was too obvious and over done. I want Kylo to smash her and I want luke to be known as the most powerful Jedi as he should be. Unless anakin comes back using the force then he will take the rightful place as the most powerful.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if rey is actually the sister of Kylo. When one of the generals or whatever said they were accompanied by a girl he jumped and quickly said what girl or something as if he knew who it was or may be.
Maybe it was his sister and Han and leia hid her from him as he might have wanted to kill her or even being Luke's daughter he would obviously wanna kill her.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw it tonight. Brilliant but slightly predictable.

100% Rey is either Luke's or Han's daughter. The "he's like the father you never had" line got me thinking Han/Kylo Ren. Either way, she's definitely related to someone.

Ren's voice box is amazing. So menacing and scary.

Anyone else notice the Wilhelm scream early on? Keeping with tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.