Star Wars The Force Awakens Discussion (Warning...Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It makes sense though that she would be stronger than Kylo. He is the son of Leia, and Rey is the daughter of Luke, who is obviously far stronger than Leia.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro that's the thing I hated most. Like its so obvious they're pushing that feminist bullshit.
I hope she's atleast meant to Luke sky walkers daughter to explain why she's so powerful.
And I don't get the ending does luke take the saber or does she keep it?
And I can't fkn believe Han died that was not needed
I totally agree. I felt that Kylo Ren seemed more bad ass and powerful than Vader too. In the movies Vader especially episode 4 Vader is openly disrespected by the other generals and he has to choke one of them using the force. Kylo is clearly feared and people do not want to disappoint him.

Even if the rumour about Rey being Luke's daughter is true I don't buy how she could take on Kylo. His dedication to the dark side was so strong that he killed his own father. Luke must obviously fear him otherwise why didn't he take him out?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I totally agree. I felt that Kylo Ren seemed more bad ass and powerful than Vader too. In the movies Vader especially episode 4 Vader is openly disrespected by the other generals and he has to choke one of them using the force. Kylo is clearly feared and people do not want to disappoint him.

Even if the rumour about Rey being Luke's daughter is true I don't buy how she could take on Kylo. His dedication to the dark side was so strong that he killed his own father. Luke must obviously fear him otherwise why didn't he take him out?
Na Vader is meant to be stronger that's who Kylo is trying to be as strong as. Vader was just done in older movies so his true power wasn't able to be shown in those days with lack of technology.

But seriously stopping people right there and then stopping a laser from a blaster is crazy strong and powerful and obviously like you said his dedication to the dark side and the force over many years only to be stopped by this female? Who is just a scavenger never used a light saber? Please bro come on wtf is this shit. I really hope she takes a back seat in future films I just feel it's out of place to have a female for the sake of equality and no other reason to be the lead and most powerful.
Luke needs to take the lead again and he should have a son.

I think Luke didn't wanna take him out and shit Coz it would lead to himself being seduced by the dark side and his almost already joined the dark side almost killing his own dad in Vader so was probably scared of himself.

Theres a rumour going around that reys mind was wiped in order to protect her and was actually trained at a young age. That could explain her random light saber professionalism which she seemed to take out Kylo with no struggle after thinking of the force.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
because he didn't want to kill his best mates son?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It makes sense though that she would be stronger than Kylo. He is the son of Leia, and Rey is the daughter of Luke, who is obviously far stronger than Leia.
Yeah but the female lead is forced and just there for feminists the makers even admitted they wanted to implement a feminist character.
In the Star Wars expanded universe Luke had a son not a daughter. I can't get behind a female lead lol it just doesn't work like that. When there is a man who is clearly physically stronger and trained more only to be taken out by a female is just laughable and obvious of why they've done that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro it's Disney. It's all about the money.

They know nearly every straight Male will watch the movie. They want the Females money too.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mind a female lead. after all, she's easy on the eyes. But yeah it was pretty far-fetched how easily she was able to take him out. At least make it believable.

in saying that though, it didn't ruin the movie. Still very enjoyable.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind a female lead. after all, she's easy on the eyes. But yeah it was pretty far-fetched how easily she was able to take him out. At least make it believable.

in saying that though, it didn't ruin the movie. Still very enjoyable.
Was a great movie indeed. I just think the build up of Kylos crazy power was trampled on in order to fit in the creators agenda.
They used a cop out at the end when smoke said being Kylo to me to complete his training.
But even if his training wasn't completed he was still way ahead of rey.
Anyways I'm still depressed solo is gone, I was hoping for the original cast to stay the main focus on the movies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro it's Disney. It's all about the money.

They know nearly every straight Male will watch the movie. They want the Females money too.
It's already made over $500 million worldwide absolutely crazy.
Yeah look out a female in one of supporting roles but atleast make her believable lol.
Did you watch the movie?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is rumours saying that the a akin actor from Epii-iii may make appearances in the next instalments. They're saying most likely a vision. But what if anakin actually comes back as he was conceived by the force maybe he cannot be actually completely killed and comes back to take down Kylo once Kylo has killed rey. And then anakin will fight along side his son Luke to take out Kylo that would be a sight to see.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Luke is a pussy bro, they should of killed him instead of Han.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is rumours saying that the a akin actor from Epii-iii may make appearances in the next instalments. They're saying most likely a vision. But what if anakin actually comes back as he was conceived by the force maybe he cannot be actually completely killed and comes back to take down Kylo once Kylo has killed rey. And then anakin will fight along side his son Luke to take out Kylo that would be a sight to see.
So Kylo struggles against Rey and Finn but he will battle both Luke and Anakin? Sounds a bit far fetched to me.
I'd prefer they go away from this chosen one bs anyway. The strongest and best trained warrior should win. That includes their use of the force.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Kylo struggles against Rey and Finn but he will battle both Luke and Anakin? Sounds a bit far fetched to me.
I'd prefer they go away from this chosen one bs anyway. The strongest and best trained warrior should win. That includes their use of the force.
Because Kylo would be fully trained by then and completely consumed y the dark side.
I dunno I like e sky walker blood line thing. Just keep the lead a male so it's believable lol.

The prophecy doesn't even make sense anyway Coz anakin at the end of 6 brought balance to the force as the prophecy states but it looks out of balance again. Wonder if the writer purposely ignored it or will be spoken of in future sequels

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was damn good, but I do fear this trilogy going in the opposite direction to the prequels.

Clearly Episode 1 < Episode 2 < Episode 3.

One thing that the prequels lacked was any non-nerdy charisma. Having Han Solo back almost single-handedly dragged Episode 7 miles above the shoddy prequels. I fear that now he's dead, they won't be able to replace the everyman charm and coolness that Han brings.

Also a bit annoyed that they seemingly killed off Kylo Ren. They made that mistake with Episode 1 - had a damn good villain (Darth Maul) then cheaply killed him and weren't able to replace him with anything as iconic. The original film was careful not to remove Vader when the Death Star blew up.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was damn good, but I do fear this trilogy going in the opposite direction to the prequels.

Clearly Episode 1 < Episode 2 < Episode 3.

One thing that the prequels lacked was any non-nerdy charisma. Having Han Solo back almost single-handedly dragged Episode 7 miles above the shoddy prequels. I fear that now he's dead, they won't be able to replace the everyman charm and coolness that Han brings.

Also a bit annoyed that they seemingly killed off Kylo Ren. They made that mistake with Episode 1 - had a damn good villain (Darth Maul) then cheaply killed him and weren't able to replace him with anything as iconic. The original film was careful not to remove Vader when the Death Star blew up.
Kylo ren isn't dead bro you heard snoke at the end say to the general for him to bring Kylo to where snoke is to complete his training.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I though Kylo Ren made it out?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Oops, Realist answered it already.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kylo ren isn't dead bro you heard snoke at the end say to the general for him to bring Kylo to where snoke is to complete his training.
Ah, ok. Not sure how I missed that...

Not sure how they'll get another charismatic hero in there without it feeling like just copying Han, though.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah, ok. Not sure how I missed that...

Not sure how they'll get another charismatic hero in there without it feeling like just copying Han, though.
I think the black dude is meant to be the Han and chick the new Luke. Which is only done for the agenda of feminism.
Even some females have come out and said yeah we appreciate how they made the lead a female and all powerful but in the old Star Wars it took anakin and Luke yearssssss to accomplish what she did in moments so it's like over board.

Status
Not open for further replies.