Official Speed

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aren't these just the highest speed recorded on the players GPS units?

There's so many variables with these and I don't think it is a true indication of how fast a player is.

In saying that we will defiantly have some decent pace in the backline next year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Speed is good, not the be all though very effective having JAC's pace if he gets some ball in space.(set up two last nite as well)
Actually reckon Saab is the fastest man in the game surprising how many players are within 2 km'h of each other like Dominic Young wtf?
DWZ really wtf?
Did we note Reimis zoom on by the little fella Thompson last nite surprised he isn't on there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You think Featherington would better utilised on the edge running at pace by good short balls from our halves?
I said it when we signed him that he played his best footy on the edge for the Warriors but TK was all like "na, he's a future SOO prop because he beefed with JWH". He's defenitely more of an edge forward than prop, he just doesn't really know how to use his strengths effectively though the middle. On the edge he can just run at the space, run at the halves, etc. He can also be micromanaged by the half inside him. But defence is the big issue, hard to trust him defending out on an edge for extended minutes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

There's so many variables with these and I don't think it is a true indication of how fast a player is.

In saying that we will defiantly have some decent pace in the backline next year.
No stats are more irrelevant than the Telstra tracker or the VB Hard Work Index that they constantly talk about on Channel 9. Instead of showing relevant stats like tackles, metres, offloads, tackle busts etc they wank on about top speeds and distances travelled and other useless info.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No stats are more irrelevant than the Telstra tracker or the VB Hard Work Index that they constantly talk about on Channel 9. Instead of showing relevant stats like tackles, metres, offloads, tackle busts etc they wank on about top speeds and distances travelled and other useless info.
How is speed and distance travelled useless?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You think Featherington would better utilised on the edge running at pace by good short balls from our halves?
In my opinion he is quick in a straight line his issue is his lateral movement in defence - he struggles with it resulting in him throwing out his arms when players change direction - Thommo has a similar issue - needs to change technique so he can adjust. So without technique change would struggle as an dge defender
Again just my untrained opinion - being less upright in defence, not sprinting in defence and having more confidence in the players either side would make his n thommos defence a lot better.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe someone threw them to a new personal speed record!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think its even more relative tbh. They are stats taken in real game time.