SOS call to Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichee needs to learn to pass both left and right without turning his body inside out, which is why he gets caught out at times with forward passes to his first receiver.
I agree he struggles left to right and needs to work on that but part of the problem as well is many times I've seen him looking up and there is no one there ,I agree licchha has improvement but I think a few others like perret etc are bigger problems

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I couldnt justify spending so much of the cap on 1 player. He gets injured or goes off the rails, a massive chunk of your cap is out for the year or most of it. Im looking at you Eels lol.

Also we would have to shed more than 1 or 2 players to get him under the cap. If we shed MBye on his current pay, even Perrett and Trex as well like ppl suggest, I still think we need to shed more to fit him in. Remember shedded players have to be replaced by cheaper (worse) ones to free up any funds for Foran. If you say shed Trex at $600k. You have to replace him with someone on $200k or something. So it only frees up $400k. You cant shed players and not replace them with someone.

So you downgrade multiple positions, and have 1 player on the same pay as 5 or 6 players in the team combined. He gets injured, you are a lame 1 man team and cant compete. Thats how you get 1 man teams. Cowboys would barely win games let alone premierships without JT. They have been lucky with his fitness and health in recent times. Cows are 1 injury away from failure. So are a few teams. Hows TVS going at Warriors lol. If Warriors bought 2 or 3 other players instead of 1 TVS, they would be better off on the ladder now. Teams like us, Sharks and Broncos are more across the park with the talent, and can take a player or 2 out, whoever it is. Id rather that

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I couldnt justify spending so much of the cap on 1 player. He gets injured or goes off the rails, a massive chunk of your cap is out for the year or most of it. Im looking at you Eels lol.

Also we would have to shed more than 1 or 2 players to get him under the cap. If we shed MBye on his current pay, even Perrett and Trex as well like ppl suggest, I still think we need to shed more to fit him in. Remember shedded players have to be replaced by cheaper (worse) ones to free up any funds for Foran. If you say shed Trex at $600k. You have to replace him with someone on $200k or something. So it only frees up $400k. You cant shed players and not replace them with someone.

So you downgrade multiple positions, and have 1 player on the same pay as 5 or 6 players in the team combined. He gets injured, you are a lame 1 man team and cant compete. Thats how you get 1 man teams. Cowboys would barely win games let alone premierships without JT. They have been lucky with his fitness and health in recent times. Cows are 1 injury away from failure. So are a few teams. Hows TVS going at Warriors lol. If Warriors bought 2 or 3 other players instead of 1 TVS, they would be better off on the ladder now. Teams like us, Sharks and Broncos are more across the park with the talent, and can take a player or 2 out, whoever it is. Id rather that
Broncos spend the most $$$ of any club in thr NRL lol.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

All the teams that win the comp have star halves. Only team from memory that did it with a average pairing were the dragons in 2010 although Soward was kicking teams to death that year.
So either your lucky with having a gun junior half that stayed at the club, or you have to pay the big dollars to bring one over.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Foz would be the perfect addition, when psychologically ready.

We turned around Hoppa, O'Hanlon, and other Parra players in the past.

Him and Mbye OR Reynolds would work well together as at the moment we have 2 ball runners and no ball player. Foz is a ball player.
Ok,
I know how this will sound,
I realise all kinds of bullshit posts get made on the kennel,

But I have an exclusive for you all.

I have it, on very good authority, that Forans preference is to come to us next year.

Nothing even close to signing a contract st this point in time,

Very messy negotiations taking place behind closed doors,

I know it's nothing we all don't already know,
But for me hearing it, from who I heard it from gave me some confidence the rumours are real and not just media spin, and we are the preference,

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'd imagine it's not really a "preference" more to the only option that makes any kind of sense for him to sort his career out.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you ***** actually watch our games? Do you understand how Des has structured our side? This is what Des wants, this is the style of footy he has developed. A half in our side is not a half, he is just 1 player out of 13 in a system that is trying to play around the opposition defence.

Foran or this half or that half wont fucking change shit...a new coach or structure will.
I'm starting to truely believe that to some extent (or to a large extent) the coach is restricting the players natural playing abilities. A lot of our guys that move on are performing better at other clubs... In saying that, it's not the coach who kicks the football and we as fans cringe at our halves attempts at our 5th tackle kick options. It's so bad, even when Mybe kicks for touch I'm nervous.. The guy looks like he's chipping the ball and is lucky to make 10meters. The whole idea of a penalty kick for touch is to gain as much territory as possible by kicking the shit out of the football. That's just standard. But I'm sure as anything Des is saying I'd rather you make 1meter than failing to find touch and lose possession.. Someone said it best in one of these threds, you aren't going to win comps playing the safe card.

Reactions: GDR

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me it all comes down to this. Currently we have two 5/8s and no halfback. As good as Foran is, he's another 5/8. He has a similar play style to Reynolds and Mbye. No matter how many 5/8s we sign we still don't have a halfback.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I see 2 scenarios possible if we sign Foran:

1) We weaken a number of positions to fit him under the cap, and therefore are stronger in the halves but weaker in other positions, and therefore no better off than we are now
2) We dont weaken any positions and sign Foran, and in 2017 we lose 12 competition points and get a $1 million fine for breaching the cap.

I cant see any 3rd scenario.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Scenario 3 - He gets an injury whether it be a hamstring or a heartstring, and are left without a key position, having blown a shitload of cap to do so.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I see 2 scenarios possible if we sign Foran:

1) We weaken a number of positions to fit him under the cap, and therefore are stronger in the halves but weaker in other positions, and therefore no better off than we are now
2) We dont weaken any positions and sign Foran, and in 2017 we lose 12 competition points and get a $1 million fine for breaching the cap.

I cant see any 3rd scenario.
Trex money and you can say bye to josh Reynolds. Plus the caps going up.
No issues.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know the guy personally, but I have close friends who know Liam and Kieran very closely (having played with both of them).

Suffice to say they only have good things to say about Kieran, and are hoping he can really get his life back on track.

He's one of the genuinely nice blokes in the NRL.

The NRL have not stood Foran down. It was misreported Parramatta had, when in fact it was a mutually agreed cessation of his contract.
Des Hasler's assessment of Kieran Foran just prior to him signing with Parramatta was .....
1/ A great "FOOTBALLER"!!
2/ A "QUALITY PERSON"!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id take him at half price. If he fit in the cap without weakening the rest of the team or exceeding the cap, thats fine. Im not saying hes not a good player. But paying a million + for him (and the consequences of that), no fkn way.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For me it all comes down to this. Currently we have two 5/8s and no halfback. As good as Foran is, he's another 5/8. He has a similar play style to Reynolds and Mbye. No matter how many 5/8s we sign we still don't have a halfback.
I don't see having two 5/8s as that big an issue tbh. Brisbane went within seconds of winning a gf with two 5/8s. Though a halfback would be my number 1 target atm...but that wouldn't change a thing until we piss Des and his shitty structures off.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have a quality spine esp halves and rubbish everything else than to have quality and no halves or spine
its worked for Melbourne for a better part of a decade.... I mean For F Sake they made brian Norrie look good LOL

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran is most likely to end up in Manly again isnt he?
I can't imagine how.

He is meant to be suing them for money owed still remember?

Go back and be coached by Barrett?

Status
Not open for further replies.