Sky News... THANK YOU!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no doubt that if Dom wins the next election that he will make some stuff ups, however he's pretty much in a situation now where he needs to make all the decisions to make voters happy so the Liberals can remain in power come 2023.

People seem to be forgetting... he's a Premier, not a supreme ruler, he doesn't have all this power that people think a Premier and PM have. Politics doesn't work that way. He won't, and cannot run this state to his views and ideology, however, he is entitled to his religious and personal beliefs, and no one has any right to criticise that.
The Mrs was freaking out 'cause she doesn't like his policies. She said, "He's going to change everything". I said, "No he's not. He doesn't have the power to"

The abortion bill for example, he voted No, but many more voted Yes so it's not like he can overturn that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a straight, white Christian man, everything bad these days....

Do you think anyone would open their mouth if he were Jewish or Muslim?

BUT

He still is a politician so I don't trust or believe anything he says.
I would say that they would. The Mayor of London is one of the most criticised Mayors and he gets so heavily criticised because he's Muslim. When he got his position there was a massive uproar of people saying, "We're a Christian country, we can't allow a Muslim mayor"

The one who attacked him most was Donald Trump. The same guy that spent years trying to convince people that Obama was an evil Muslim. But he also tried to convince people that Biden was an atheist because he knows Americans will only ever vote for a Christian. Even the Liberals in America have to be Christian or they have no hope.

It's different in Australia because we are a secular society. But people aren't attacking Perrottet because he's Christian. They're attacking him because they don't like him. It's just the fact that he's Christian that gives them something to use against them.

As an example, my Mrs is a proud Christian but she also hates Perrottet. The difference is that she attacks him based on his policies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mrs was freaking out 'cause she doesn't like his policies. She said, "He's going to change everything". I said, "No he's not. He doesn't have the power to"

The abortion bill for example, he voted No, but many more voted Yes so it's not like he can overturn that.
Yes he can. It's not a simple matter of a vote.

Moderate leadership has resigned, Perrottet is now free to push his weight within his own caucas and unite his party on any potential vote in regards to that issue (and as has been evidenced quite extensively in recent history, parties have had a unanimous vote on issues when it comes to passing legislation). If he feels he has the numbers he'll look to pass the bill.

So yes, his elevation to leadership is potentially dangerous that he's going to push his religious views on all the citizens of NSW.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would say that they would. The Mayor of London is one of the most criticised Mayors and he gets so heavily criticised because he's Muslim. When he got his position there was a massive uproar of people saying, "We're a Christian country, we can't allow a Muslim mayor"

The one who attacked him most was Donald Trump. The same guy that spent years trying to convince people that Obama was an evil Muslim. But he also tried to convince people that Biden was an atheist because he knows Americans will only ever vote for a Christian. Even the Liberals in America have to be Christian or they have no hope.

It's different in Australia because we are a secular society. But people aren't attacking Perrottet because he's Christian. They're attacking him because they don't like him. It's just the fact that he's Christian that gives them something to use against them.

As an example, my Mrs is a proud Christian but she also hates Perrottet. The difference is that she attacks him based on his policies.
Apart from him being against abortion, why isn't he liked?

I'm not bothered to research a stop gap "leader" tbh

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes he can. It's not a simple matter of a vote.

Moderate leadership has resigned, Perrottet is now free to push his weight within his own caucas and unite his party on any potential vote in regards to that issue (and as has been evidenced quite extensively in recent history, parties have had a unanimous vote on issues when it comes to passing legislation). If he feels he has the numbers he'll look to pass the bill.

So yes, his elevation to leadership is potentially dangerous that he's going to push his religious views on all the citizens of NSW.
Still angry..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not starting a fight but isn't this a slippery slope argument?

Unless he is a Jesuit, he won't be pushing a Catholic agenda, he will push whichever agenda he is told to push.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not starting a fight but isn't this a slippery slope argument?

Unless he is a Jesuit, he won't be pushing a Catholic agenda, he will push whichever agenda he is told to push.
How did he vote in the abortion bill in 2019? Was his vote a result of scientific advise or a result of his religious views?

So the answer is already there that he's attempted to push his religious views on other people, he's already committed that act in the 2019 vote

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How did he vote in the abortion bill in 2019? Was his vote a result of scientific advise or a result of his religious views?

So the answer is already there that he's attempted to push his religious views on other people, he's already committed that act in the 2019 vote
Is being anti-abortion strictly a religious view though?

PS they can attempt to do anything but at the end of the day it means fuck all as they implement what they want to implement.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is being anti-abortion strictly a religious view though?
He represents a party which claims to have strong beliefs in small government and personal responsibility. They shout from the rooftops for free speech, liberty and personal choice.

But yet all this is thrown out the window in regards to abortion purely based on their religious views. Because according to their "beliefs" of what government should be, surely abortion should be a choice for the woman who receives the best advice possible before making that decision?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He represents a party which claims to have strong beliefs in small government and personal responsibility. They shout from the rooftops for free speech, liberty and personal choice.

But yet all this is thrown out the window in regards to abortion purely based on their religious views. Because according to their "beliefs" of what government should be, surely abortion should be a choice for the woman who receives the best advice possible before making that decision?
I have my morals and ideas but they are my own. My idea is religion and politics should not mix, both are corrupt enough without cross contaminating eachother.

I edited the post to keep it relevant.

For the record I hate talking about abortion because there is no black and white with it, it's all grey. My view is that it can be classified as murder or justifiable killing, it all comes down to the intention.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have my morals and ideas but they are my own. My idea is religion and politics should not mix, both are corrupt enough without cross contaminating eachother.
People can have their religious beliefs but those religious beliefs should never be forced onto others.

I understand it's a sin for him to vote for abortion, hence he should just vote absentee, ie no vote.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

For the record I hate talking about abortion because there is no black and white with it, it's all grey. My view is that it can be classified as murder or justifiable killing, it all comes down to the intention.

You edited Ed so I had to withdraw my Like :/

Murder or justifiable killing not aligning with my view.

No problem with others views tho. Bless.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People can have their religious beliefs but those religious beliefs should never be forced onto others.

I understand it's a sin for him to vote for abortion, hence he should just vote absentee, ie no vote.
I get you but what about other MP's who vote for sinister reasons IE bribes and kick backs?

I don't believe in government being established to serve the people so why am I forced to vote?

The whole system is corrupt and if by this cuck voting against abortion is the only "bad" thing he does then he MIGHT be a decent politician.

But This is just politics, left v right. If he were anything apart from Christian this would of been a non-issue.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You edited Ed so I had to withdraw my Like :/

Murder or justifiable killing not aligning with my view.

No problem with others views tho. Bless.
You Don't have to like what my view is. My view like my faith is mine and mine alone. I just Thank God everyday I have 2 healthy, wanted children and I don't have to deal with it.

PS justifiable killing isn't the same as murder and is forgivable if truly repentant.

PPS plus you should know me by now and know I don't force my views on anyone, well apart from my view on the Dogs ;)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it's only a matter of time til he says something that creates a huge controversy or someone leaks an incriminating email, photo or video clip from his past which will get him in trouble.

These days you can't have a leader with such extreme conservative views as the Premier. Look at the backlash Israel Folau's comments caused and he's a washed up footballer.. Imagine what will happen when a similar incident happens with the Premier? Whether it's about abortion, gay marriage or something else, eventually it will all catch up with him..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You Don't have to like what my view is. My view like my faith is mine and mine alone. I just Thank God everyday I have 2 healthy, wanted children and I don't have to deal with it.

PS justifiable killing isn't the same as murder and is forgivable if truly repentant.

PPS plus you should know me by now and know I don't force my views on anyone, well apart from my view on the Dogs ;)
I know your goodness very well. Hence my explanation of why I withdrew my Like ..out of respect to you (in the unlikely event you noticed lol)

Your attitude to having 2 healthy children as a blessing is so correct mate.

Some people have huge hurdles to overcome with conception and the on going choice of raising children when not in a position to do so...for many and varied reasons.

I know you understand that. Bless (again) :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think it's only a matter of time til he says something that creates a huge controversy or someone leaks an incriminating email, photo or video clip from his past which will get him in trouble.

These days you can't have a leader with such extreme conservative views as the Premier. Look at the backlash Israel Folau's comments caused and he's a washed up footballer.. Imagine what will happen when a similar incident happens with the Premier? Whether it's about abortion, gay marriage or something else, eventually it will all catch up with him..
Hence why I called him a stop gap. Impressions are important in politics and this guy looks like a pencil necked cuck who looks nothing like a leader.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Those nuns must of missed that memo while fucking kids with crucifixes
Gee there must be a lot of mixed up, torchured, grown up kids still suffering from the abuse :(

Kinda seems worse when it's facilitated under the auspices in the name of religion. Those child sufferers would cop a double whammy of shame and confusion, because their family trusted the churches and the stigma of dealing with all the layers within a family and it's relationship within the church, the subjugation, must be debilitating to come to terms with.

More respect and power to all those who have survived.