Sky News... THANK YOU!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You need to join another forum. All you do is post political related shit, and you have no idea about rugby league and the bulldogs.
I know more about footy and the Bulldogs than you do. Sam Kasiano is going to be our best prop in 2022 - just you watch :tonguewink:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A boomer "friend" of mine shitposts this sort of stuff on fb all the time.

Today it was fellow fucktard Matt Canavan having a whine.

I usually just block her for a month for reprieve.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"the luvies only care about the tribe"

"The left are hypocritical"

The irony of this coming from a guy who spends 90% of his show attacking lefties and praising righties.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sky News opinion shows are good for a laugh. They're so hyperpartisen and usually it's just them making critiques of lefties then spending the next 10 minutes laughing and patting each other on the back.

It's good for a laugh, but it's also extremely depressing to see media personalities working so hard to create a divide between the left and right.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The last Can Do Premier went out in a fiery wrecking ball fizzle. Time will tell.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This lady is the Federal Liberal Vice President? OMG.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no doubt he is a good bloke but to put it simply, never have a God botherer in a position of authority in a society that is for the most part nonreligious.

By the way, SKY is owned by Murdoch and he of course owns FOX...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A boomer "friend" of mine shitposts this sort of stuff on fb all the time.

I usually just block her for a month for reprieve.
She sounds like a pain in the ass. A one track mentality older woman, endlessly posting political stories that suit her boring agenda.

Thank fuck we don’t have anyone like that on the Kennel..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no doubt he is a good bloke but to put it simply, never have a God botherer in a position of authority in a society that is for the most part nonreligious.

By the way, SKY is owned by Murdoch and he of course owns FOX...
For me it comes down to how much their religious beliefs influence their policy.

A perfect example is Amy Coney Barrett. Trump appointed her to Justice of the Supreme Court hoping she would immediately overturn all the abortion laws. But when questioned about it she said something along the lines of, "I would never allow my personal beliefs influence my legal decisions"

Perrottet's religious beliefs tend to dictate what he does. Which is understandable, but it's also counter to Australian culture. We're a secular society. That means that the beliefs of one religion should never be used to dictate law.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But that's not really my problem with Perrottet. I understand that religious beliefs will end up driving the decisions of a religious person because it's a large part of who they are. My problem with Perrottet is that he allows his beliefs to overrule fact. When the vast majority of the health community were saying that lockdowns would save lives, he said that they won't. When nearly the entire scientific community says that we need action on climate change, he says that man-induced climate change is a myth.

He allows his beliefs to overrule logic and fact. And that's dangerous.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bernardi almost shitting himself when he made his “faux pas” about Perrottet being pro women was a genuine lol moment.

Wahesh

Reaction score
There's no doubt that if Dom wins the next election that he will make some stuff ups, however he's pretty much in a situation now where he needs to make all the decisions to make voters happy so the Liberals can remain in power come 2023.

People seem to be forgetting... he's a Premier, not a supreme ruler, he doesn't have all this power that people think a Premier and PM have. Politics doesn't work that way. He won't, and cannot run this state to his views and ideology, however, he is entitled to his religious and personal beliefs, and no one has any right to criticise that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's no doubt that if Dom wins the next election that he will make some stuff ups, however he's pretty much in a situation now where he needs to make all the decisions to make voters happy so the Liberals can remain in power come 2023.

People seem to be forgetting... he's a Premier, not a supreme ruler, he doesn't have all this power that people think a Premier and PM have. Politics doesn't work that way. He won't, and cannot run this state to his views and ideology, however, he is entitled to his religious and personal beliefs, and no one has any right to criticise that.
He is a straight, white Christian man, everything bad these days....

Do you think anyone would open their mouth if he were Jewish or Muslim?

BUT

He still is a politician so I don't trust or believe anything he says.

Wahesh

Reaction score
He is a straight, white Christian man, everything bad these days....

Do you think anyone would open their mouth if he were Jewish or Muslim?

BUT

He still is a politician so I don't trust or believe anything he says.
You see the thing is that many politicians enter politics with the hope of being good politicians and making a difference, but when they don't realise that they're not playing the game the way other dirty politicians want the game to be played, that's when they get ousted.

I really think that Dom is one of the good polly's. No, I don't trust him (not yet anyway) but I'm willing to give him a chance. Simply being a Christian isn't a good enough reason to trust someone - look at Kristina Keneally... devout Christian yet one of our worst ever Premiers.

Last edited: