Rumour Sexton to replace Fogarty ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit of a whisper floating around social media about Sexton immediately moving to Raiders to play 7 due to long term injury to Fogarty.

‘’anyone heard anything ?

If true it would be nice if we could broker a deal from it .. Trey Mooney comes to mind ?

SunnyCoastDOGG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bit of a whisper floating around social media about Sexton immediately moving to Raiders to play 7 due to long term injury to Fogarty.

‘’anyone heard anything ?

If true it would be nice if we could broker a deal from it .. Trey Mooney comes to mind ?
Wouldn’t let him go for anything other than a prop. Not playing fg atm but keeping the pressure on hutch, if we can get a prop out of it and look to give woods / conti some time in cup I wouldn’t be opposed to it

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha…. The Bulldogs doing a deal!

The last time we did a swap/deal, we let S Lane go for RFM…. All other deals, we’ve been bent over backwards

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could afford to lose a half but as Sexton is Cup captain I doubt we let him go first
If Raiders are desperate they can take Jayden Sullivan or BBO. Agree to ith others on here Mooney would need to be in exchange for Sexton in any swap deal

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, I believed it was fake news, obviously because the rumour came up to fast … just wanted to know if anyone in the know had any inside info as it could have been cooking for a while re talks of getting Mooney …

plus it’s a swap that makes a lot of sense, both clubs have depth in this area ….. and would suit both players as they’d both get to see a lot more 1st grade ..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do deals happen that fast? Fogarty just got injured last night. Anyway, can't be true. We don't have a backup Halfback or 5/8th.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d make those guys beg… 2x props for Sexy

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just remember..

If Sexton goes, Hutch is guaranteed 7 for the season.

Is it worth it?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would sign Mooney anyway... then offer Sexton for Jake Clydesdale in Raiders jersey flegg.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just remember..

If Sexton goes, Hutch is guaranteed 7 for the season.

Is it worth it?
No it's not, but can't I guess team list after the bye will tell all. If we win today though why would he change the team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Decent halves are hard to come by. And I think Sexton is definitely a decent half. Just needs the chance to thrive IMO. So as much as I confidently believe this is just pure rumour, I'll throw out an opinion. Unless it was Sexton asking for a release, I'd not entertain the idea without being able to talk with whichever of their players were willing to discuss moving.

Fair swaps rarely happen in the NRL. A lot of these situations see a struggling team lose a player that can be influential for them to a stacked team where that player is just a bench upgrade. It's far too common that the team releasing a good player gets shafted these days.

It's the rock and a hard place situation. Do you keep an unhappy player that might drag the attitude down or let them go and hope that someone else decent becomes available without having to pay massive overs. It's a pity these deals can often create additional imbalance between rosters. And in cases where it hits the media it can be disruptive to the team too.

I used to work with a former Brisbane cop that knew insiders at the Broncos. If his info was right, the Broncos actually planned with Dugan to get sacked from the raiders. All went to plan with that until Dugan mouthed off at fans on social media and the Broncos deal fell through. They then moved on to Barba. They got him and refused to even release that very average winger who's name I forget in exchange for the most exciting fullback of that time.

I think moving forward if players want a release to a specific club, that club needs to open up the possibility to negotiate with any contracted player willing to test their worth with the club giving up the player. Even if it meant they got a gun 17 yo that was a few years off NRL, it's not the kick in the nuts of losing a player with nothing gained. But the NRL doesn't seem capable of working out strategies to fairly distribute talent or to make it easier for clubs to retain juniors they've nurtured to the big stage.