ROUND 7 - Bulldogs VS Roosters - GAME DISCUSSION & TEAM LISTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank you but I just love my team. I am a bit disappointed at the way things are going with game days this year though. One game for the price of admission not too crash hot considering the NRL used to bang on about making the game day experience more enjoyable and value for money. Went to our reciprocal game against Souths and at least got more than just first grade. There are sides like Penrith and Canberra who consistently get a full game day with the lower grades because they have seemed to get a majority of daylight weekend games.

We got no reduction in our season ticket prices this year even though we lost one of our reciprocal games against St George( they have taken it back to Jubilee) and only 9 games at ANZ and 2 at Belmore so basically got less bang for our buck. Take into account the Thursday and Friday games where it looks like we will only get first grade and it is inferior to years past.

Can't even arrange to watch the Intrust now either as days do not tee up when we play Thursday and they play Saturday.....

Oh well guess like a lot of others will have to watch them on tele, not as good as going to the ground but that it seems is the direction the NRL wants to take.

I am hoping to see a win tomorrow night, we are a side still trying to find our way but there were a lot of positives from the weekend. RFM has been magic and some of the others stood up and played a lot better. Pay even seems to be finding his coaching mojo and his use of the bench is improving. Even though we are not at the top end of the table I am enjoying the footy from the boys as it is such a different type from last year.
Man I am more nervous of slutton then the roosters tbh.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Follow Souths game plan of playing right Down the middle.
Plenty of quick dummy half runs and unders balls back into the space behind the ruck
Roosters defence behind the ruck last week made John Sutton look like a star
And rfm should trample cooper donkey at every possible chance
Rush keary coz he’s shit under pressure and bomb that scumbag Tedesco

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Roosters are copping it from every direction at the moment. Watching Cooper's body language during the game last week was funny and is not enjoying his usual dominance that he has become accustomed too. I'm hoping we can go back to back on this one. Would be a great scalp and confidence booster.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Politis has probably already sent a giant paper bag to Sutton via courier!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to go back over to Switzerland for a month - tour guiding duties. I'll be in the air, on my way to Zurich, when the game is on. Will have to check the scores when I get to Singapore. I'll be back over there when the finals are on - didn't think it would be a problem; but if we play like we did last week, I might regret being away. Hope the Dogs can rack up a series of wins that I watch on replay when I get back.

All the best for the game.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think we can arse a win this week against roosters they are too cool for us, just dont bring ray hadley

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally all you have to do to win against Roosters is muscle up and go direct. I am confident tonight will see us with a win.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that again 95% of the tipsters in the leading Sydney newspapers have tipped the Roosters.
Paul Kent was the only one in 15 to tip the Dogs.
What fucking game are they watching ??

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that again 95% of the tipsters in the leading Sydney newspapers have tipped the Roosters.
Paul Kent was the only one in 15 to tip the Dogs.
What fucking game are they watching ??
Naah, mate. All the better. One thing the chooks do good is listen to their own spiel, and how good they are.
Under The Radar suits me just fine!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Roosters LOVE giving away penalties... but the square ups might hurt us. We have to be faultless tonight with discipline, and errorless.

Low missed tackles, low errors, and high completon rates.

Tire them up the middle, as that is where points are being scored this year against the Roosters. Problem is we generally lack grunt up the middle.

If Mbye can start backing up up the middle (Tedesco will), we might be able t split them up the middle.

Elliott and the forward pack are going to have to play out of their skin, whilst our backs are going to need to respond fast to shutdown attacking raids.

Mbye is going to get worked hard at the back for certain, as Fergo/Manu/Tedesco are not only fast but very good in the air. Bombs galore and they'll be on him in moments.

Aubo in the centres is there to be exploited though.

Honestly I'm not sure we are "there yet" in terms of matching the Roosters.

IF we win tonight, it'll be a huge corner turned in our season, and if we win next week, that could be the momentum our season needs. If we lose tonight, we could end up in a slump again.

Another key: DEPTH IN ATTACK. Stand flat and we will lose the battle and be on the back foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.