Round 26 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all we can hope is that they play with a bit of energy and our spine touches the ball more than our forwards do in regards to running plays, if we offload and commit few mistakes were a hard team to beat, its just getting the balance right

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the broncos win on thursday this match is a dead rubber. We wouldn't be playing Penrith at pepper stadium anyway, so the home advantage doesn't exist.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If the broncos win on thursday this match is a dead rubber. We wouldn't be playing Penrith at pepper stadium anyway, so the home advantage doesn't exist.
why can't they play at Penrith? what a joke.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol heard on channel nein this arvo that if Canberra finish 2nd they will play their final at Canberra Stadium. Yet if Penrith finish above us they don't get to play at Penrith LOL @ NRL that can't be right..

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why can't they play at Penrith? what a joke.
Its changed now, All Sydney teams play at either Allianz or ANZ.

So technically you only get an advantage if you aren't a sydney based team, I guess that kinda makes up for them having to play the GF in Sydney.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its changed now, All Sydney teams play at either Allianz or ANZ.

So technically you only get an advantage if you aren't a sydney based team, I guess that kinda makes up for them having to play the GF in Sydney.

How pointless. Play a whole season to finish in a top position yet you don't actually get to play at your home ground lol. The whole finals series is pointless imo. Just fuck them off and reward the best team all year with the Premiership.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we will lose this game and the next against penrith

I hate to say it but this season stinks of 2013

We will have excuses like kas being out
Dropped ball etc

I just don't see us going with ANY of the teams in the 8

Our attack is woeful
Mbye and Hoppa are so terrible it isn't even funny

mbye may as well not be on the field he is so badly out of form

Say what you want about Hasler and his game plan but mbye is just not a half at all his long kicking game is attrocious, hasler is not at fault for Mbye finding the fullback on the full 9 times out of 10

He is the new ben roberts

Mbye would be suited to centre like roberts should have been

By the way 1 try assist from Mbye in the last 3 games is garbage

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
My mail is telling me that lichaa has been given the green light to run and mbye/reynolds told not to stay out of the middle third.... if this eventuates.... do we have faith that the 3 have the ability to do so?
Play how you train, may be a little difference but how can you get a team to play different after a whole season (3 seasons) of the same crap? Hope so but doubt it.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Dropped ball etc

Our attack is woeful

Say what you want about Hasler and his game plan but mbye is just not a half at all his long kicking game is attrocious, hasler is not at fault for Mbye finding the fullback on the full 9 times out of 10

I agree.
I too think Mybe is the teams biggest problem.
No way Des is coaching him to have the worst kicking game in the NRL.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm i ran into a player (Assassin and Mr.I will know what i mean)... i am officially holding my judgement of their playing abilities/style for the time being... hmmmm how to say this, maybe friday will be a practice or platform for the finals.... lets hope it wasn't smoke blowing or else I'm back on the sack des and all players bandwagon.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah.....when I look at our team list these days I think Meh.

No way our squad is even close to the best in the competition.

Anyway will tune in on Friday hoping to see a win. But I expect nothing but frustration and heartache these days.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How pointless. Play a whole season to finish in a top position yet you don't actually get to play at your home ground lol. The whole finals series is pointless imo. Just fuck them off and reward the best team all year with the Premiership.
Some of Souths premierships were won without contesting a grand final, being awarded as minor premiers: 1909; 1914; 1918; 1925;

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Play how you train, may be a little difference but how can you get a team to play different after a whole season (3 seasons) of the same crap? Hope so but doubt it.
Yh Tolman and Graham will still be in the fucking way considering it has been drilled into them lol. Even if our halves are finally being allowed to roam the middle third they will still need runners around them...now I don't see any of our forwards running any decent lines when they haven't done so for how many years?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Dropped ball etc

Our attack is woeful

Then Reynolds must be less than garbage if he still can't catch up to Moses' try assists and force more dropouts :tearsofjoy:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths are in top 4 form right now and we can barely beat teams outside the 8.

Even if we do have "new" tactics, no point at showing your cards in this dead rubber.

We're better off using this game as a training run and trying to avoid any injuries or suspensions before the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.